MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does Lysine prevent cold-sores?

I get cold-sores (herpes simplex) on my lip every few months or something... I heard lysine can help.

Anyway I've got some Lysine pills that say 'Lysine 1000 - one daily' on them... im assuming that means 1000mg.

Anyway, would taking one a day on a regular basis help PREVENT cold-sores? Would there be any side effects or anything from taking a daily dose of it??

Thanks

Mtn_grown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mtn_grown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mtn_grown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mtn_grown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mtn_grown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As soon as I feel one forming beneath (they kind of hurt even then) I double dose 500mg the first day then just one a day till I feel it's there no more. It never surfaces! I don't take it daily, but do swear by it.

MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do you think it's alright if I just take one a day though?

fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you do get one, get abreva. I know for a fact that it is quicker than most products and it was the top selling product for cold sore relief at my pharmacy. Herpes--gross..

Interdum modo elabitur... brumbartcheto's Avatar
    brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MookOut
    Anyway, would taking one a day on a regular basis help PREVENT cold-sores?
    For a severe initial outbreak lysine is not going to help that much, you need to take another medication.

Though the evidence is far from strong, lysine supplements indeed might help head off recurrences of cold sores. The idea that lysine might work against herpes could be simplified as following: in order to replicate, the herpes virus requires arginine, another amino acid that's common in foods and necessary to human life; but lysine is thought to interfere with the absorption of arginine in the intestine. However, it is a loooooooong way from this observation to the healing of the cold sore, and most studies have been inconclusive.

Originally Posted by MookOut
    do you think it's alright if I just take one a day though?
    I am not totally sure, but I believe there are some risks involved in taking lysine pills daily over long periods. Thus, don't take them continually, but only when you feel cold sores coming on.

To my knowledge good products you may consider are: Valtrex, Choraphor, Famvir, Zovirax.
    Veni, vidi, vici.

UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UberPooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by brumbartcheto
    For a severe initial outbreak lysine is not going to help that much, you need to take another medication.

Though the evidence is far from strong, lysine supplements indeed might help head off recurrences of cold sores. The idea that lysine might work against herpes could be simplified as following: in order to replicate, the herpes virus requires arginine, another amino acid that's common in foods and necessary to human life; but lysine is thought to interfere with the absorption of arginine in the intestine. However, it is a loooooooong way from this observation to the healing of the cold sore, and most studies have been inconclusive.

I am not totally sure, but I believe there are some risks involved in taking lysine pills daily over long periods. Thus, don't take them continually, but only when you feel cold sores coming on.

To my knowledge good products you may consider are: Valtrex, Choraphor, Famvir, Zovirax.
    lysine is in everything we eat...i mega dose the lysing...8grams per day. seems to help
    Lamh Laidir Uachdar!

-Erin Go Bragh

Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't know if this will help or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there. (I've never taken lysine)

I used to get cold sores all the time as a kid. About 12 years ago I've started using Labello brand lip gloss - religiously. I keep one in my pocket all the time, and I apply it often during the day. Anyways, since I've done this, I've probably broken out a cold sore about twice in that 12 years (vs 1 every 2 months before). One of those times I broke out was when I ran out or used a different brand - can't remember. Anyways, may be coincidence, but I'm a supersticious guy...
    You only regret the risks you did not take.

jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to break out... ever since I was a kid. Got shingles a couple times too (another form of herpes virus like chicken pox).

I found the Forces of Nature essential oils. www.fonoils.com

I use the H-Balm. I haven't had a visible outbreak since. Once you feel it coming on.. apply heavily and it goes away almost immediately. I always carry a bottle with me.

If you get to the outbreak before it surfaces... you'll be fine.

I tried lysine, limiting sun exposure, abreva and valtrex... none worked.

I preach about H-Balm any chance I get to anyone who's had cold sores... I absolutely HATE those damn things..

How Much 4 Your Placebo? Newport Surfer's Avatar
    Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I saw this hot hot 10+ girl in Vegas last month. I mean a complete knockout. I walked by to get a closer look and she had a giant herpe on her upper lip. How sad... in Vegas with an outbreak.
    CURRENT SUPPS: ABB Maxx Recovery, AOR Greens n' Berries, UP 2.0, Liquid Fish Oil

UNBIASED ADVICE BASED ON 5 YEARS OF TRYING PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING OUT THERE.

RAISE YOUR TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY !!!

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461291[/url]

Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The last time I finished Xpand a week later I had a cold sore. I have the simplex virus too. Valtrex clears it up if I take it right away, but it’s 30 bucks every time I have to get it. I’m pretty sure it’s from the arginine. This stuff works for me and I don’t want to not use it.

So I’m wondering if using Lysine and possible this H-Balm during and after my use of arginine would help? Maybe I’ll just try it out next time I use arginine.

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Creatine vs Herpes...

I'd never heard of thys but my friend found thys article... that goes into detail about creatine helping to prevent cold sores/herpes outbreaks...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=131

Peace..~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!