Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1924
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brooksy2850 View Post
    no fruits right .... what about tomatoes, avocados, capsicum, red onion, stuff u would put in a salad ?
    Avocado is perfect for keto. Tomato, onion, peppers etc are okay in a salad as long as most of it is leaves.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by clarke21 View Post
    This is great advice. I had no idea you could eat vegetables on Keto.
    So just so I have this right. If I eat some peas... and the carb content is 20g, but the fibre content is 10g, then I only add 10g of carbs to my daily 30g allowance ?

Does that mean I can swap out my morning protein shake for some bran flakes ? They're high in fibre?

Is there any risk of taking on too much protein in this diet? I heard that excess protein can't be converted to fat, so it's better to have too much than too little? (Plus i'm training 6 days a week.... MMA, weights and cardio)

I'll have a read through this thread some more today, and see what I can pick up.
    I lost 3kg this week just gone. Weighed myself yesterday. Went from 287 to 280. I feel bloated on carbs, so this diet might be great for me.
    No, you are not in danger of getting too much protien on this diet. Keto is high fat, moderate protein. The normal BB-er eats far more protein that a keto-er. Excess protein can be converted to very expensive glucose.

No bran flakes. They are not high in fibre, or at least not compared with the amount of sugar and other crap in them. If you want fibre in your breakfast, go for a spinach and celery and mushroom omlette.

Peas are not a great keto vegetable, they have very little fibre for the amount of carbs. Instead, choose from avocado, asparagus, aubergine, broccoli, beet greens, bokchoy, courgette, cabbage, celery, cauliflower, dandelion, endive, fennel, green beans, kale, lettuce, leeks, mushrooms, green peppers, spring onion, rhubarb, radish, spinach, spring greens, watercress etc.

clarke21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I meant getting too much protein on my diet plan I set out on page 62, not on the diet in general.

This is my diet plan as it stands:

2am : Sleep Shake to get my body repairing through the night
    ->>> 1 scoop Whey isolate made with water.(300ml.)

8am : 2 scoops Whey isolate made with milk. (400ml.)

11am : Shot of extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbspn of organic peanut butter
    5 Brazil nuts
    1 litre of green tea

1pm : 2 Skinless, steamed Chicken Breast Fillets
    50g Mild Chedder Cheese
    1 litre of Green tea

Pre Workout Meal : Two white fish fillets
    Handful of broccoli

Post Workout Meal : Whey Isolate shake made with milk

9pm : 6 eggs

----------------
    Is that too much protein and not enough fat ?
    My fat sources are the egg yolks, the natural fats of fish, the shot of olive oil, the cheese and the peanut butter.
    I'm way under my calorific allowance for the day. My BMR is 3600 ( not sure if i've calculated that wrong ) .... and obviously with training i'm burning calories too.

I love cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms and spinach, so i'll adapt my diet to include more of these. Thanks for the suggestions, my diet plan was pretty boring.
    So just so I have this correct. The fibre content of broccoli is approximately half that of the carbohydrate content. So if I have broccoli with 20g carbs, i'm only eating 10g of my daily allowance of carbs? As the fibre cancels out the carbs?

With my high body fat percentage, do I have a risk of putting on weight on this diet if my protein intake is higher than my fat intake? As it stands it's probably 60% protein, 35% fat, 5% carbs.

Thanks. (i've added to your rep for the previous post about suggested veg on keto)

MUlrich07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MUlrich07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MUlrich07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MUlrich07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MUlrich07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clarke21 View Post
    I meant getting too much protein on my diet plan I set out on page 62, not on the diet in general.

This is my diet plan as it stands:

2am : Sleep Shake to get my body repairing through the night
    ->>> 1 scoop Whey isolate made with water.(300ml.)

8am : 2 scoops Whey isolate made with milk. (400ml.)

11am : Shot of extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbspn of organic peanut butter
    5 Brazil nuts
    1 litre of green tea

1pm : 2 Skinless, steamed Chicken Breast Fillets
    50g Mild Chedder Cheese
    1 litre of Green tea

Pre Workout Meal : Two white fish fillets
    Handful of broccoli

Post Workout Meal : Whey Isolate shake made with milk

9pm : 6 eggs

----------------
    Is that too much protein and not enough fat ?
    My fat sources are the egg yolks, the natural fats of fish, the shot of olive oil, the cheese and the peanut butter.
    I'm way under my calorific allowance for the day. My BMR is 3600 ( not sure if i've calculated that wrong ) .... and obviously with training i'm burning calories too.

I love cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms and spinach, so i'll adapt my diet to include more of these. Thanks for the suggestions, my diet plan was pretty boring.
    So just so I have this correct. The fibre content of broccoli is approximately half that of the carbohydrate content. So if I have broccoli with 20g carbs, i'm only eating 10g of my daily allowance of carbs? As the fibre cancels out the carbs?

With my high body fat percentage, do I have a risk of putting on weight on this diet if my protein intake is higher than my fat intake? As it stands it's probably 60% protein, 35% fat, 5% carbs.

Thanks. (i've added to your rep for the previous post about suggested veg on keto)
    The stickies will help the most with your questions. However you are going to want to be more toward 65/30/5 (fats/protein/carbs). Your body is using carbs for energy thus burning them off and making you lose weight. I hope others can chime in on your questions though.

Boomextreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boomextreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boomextreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

please :)

could someone here suggest a keto diet with only 1500 calories. pleaaassseee I'm dumbfounded on what food to eat next week LOL with 150 g protein
    Last edited by Boomextreme; 03-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Boomextreme View Post
    could someone here suggest a keto diet with only 1500 calories. pleaaassseee I'm dumbfounded on what food to eat next week LOL with 150 g protein
    Where did you come up with1500 calories/150g protein?
    Leg Day. You know it's gonna' hurt, bad. You know when it's all over, you'll have to drag you ass out of the gym and drive home with your legs shaking. You know if you don't give it your all, you whole week is ruined. This is sacrifce. This is Animal. Can you handle it?
    --Animal

Boomextreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boomextreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boomextreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Big Dude 54 View Post
    Where did you come up with1500 calories/150g protein?
    lean bodyweight. I've been on a crazy dirty bulk this winter. and i wanna cut weight for summer.

sharik1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Heres my macros what do you think?

7:30AM
    2 sausage links 133 cals 12g fat 1g carbs 5g protien
    or
    3 slices bacon 135 calories 10.5g fat 0g carbs 7.5g protien
    2 eggs 140 cals 9g fat 2g carbs 12g protien
    1 slice pepperjack cheese 110 cal 9g fat 0g carb 6g protien
    2 softgels fish oil 20 cals 2g fat 0g carbs 0g protien
    Total: 403 Cals 32g Fat 3g Carbs 23g Protien

10:30AM
    Wal-Mucil 1 teaspoon 20 cals 0g fat 1g Carbs 0g Protien
    2 Sofgels Flax Seed Oil 20 Cals 2g fat 0g Protien 0g Carbs
    1 can chicken breast 210 Cals 3.5g fat 0g carbs 45.5g protien
    1 tblspn mayo 57 calories 5g fat 3.5g carbs 0g protien
    Total: 307 Cals 10.5g Fat 4.5g Carbs 45.5g Protein

1:00PM
    6oz Smoked Salmon COSTCO 306 Cals 18g Fat 0g Carbs 39g Protein
    6 Spears asparagus 18 Cals 0g Fat 6g Carbs 0g Protein
    1 tblspn Ranch 70 Cals 7g Fat 1g Carbs .5g Protein
    Total: 394 Cals 25g Fat 7g Carbs 39.5g Protein

4:00PM
    Grilled Chicken Breast 3oz 110 Cals 2.5g Fat 0g Carbs 22g Protien
    2 tblspn Ranch 140 Cals 14g Fat 2g Carbs 1g Protein
    Total: 250 Cals 16.5g Fat 2g Carbs 23g Protien

6:00PM (Post Workout)
    1 scoops Opt Nut Whey 120 Cals 1g Fat 3g Carbs 24g Protien
    2 Sofgels Flax Seed Oil 20 Cals 2g fat 0g Protien 0g Carbs
    1 Tablespoons Smuckers Natural PB 100 Cals 8g Fat 3g Carbs 3.5g Protien
    1 tblspn Olive Oil 119 Cals 14g Fat 0g Carbs 0g Protien
    Total: 359 Cals 25g Fat 6g Carbs 27.5g Protein

9:30PM
    Shrimp 6 oz 200 Cals 3g Fat 0g Carbs 42g Protien
    1 tblspn Olive Oil 119 Cals 14g Fat 0g Carbs 0g Protien
    Total 319 Cals 17g Fat 0g Carbs 42g Protien

TOTAL OVERALL :
    2032 CALS
    [126(1134cals) FAT] 56%
    [22.5(90cals) CARBS] 4%
    [201g(804cals) PROTEIN] 40%

I'm about 6 foot 200lb 19% BF

Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tovixz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    subbed to reference this

tracy12421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation stats for proper menu planning- HELP!

New and confused...

I have been on a diet called CR500 for 12 days. It claims to be keto. Both my boyfriend and i have lost 15 pounds each. A day consists of: 500 calories.

Breakfast: small apple

Lunch: 100g lean protien source, 100g of fiberous vegetable, 1 piece of melba toast

Snack: small apple, organge or 6 oz. strawberries

Dinner: 100g lean protien source, 100g of fiberous vegetable, 1 piece of melba toast

1 gallon of water, daily. No caffine or aspartane.

My stats as of this morning are: 5'5" tall, 169 lbs. My boyfriend is: 5'10" tall, 198 lbs

I have some experience with clean eating on a high protien, builders diet and have experience in the gym. I have gained about 30 pounds in the last 2 years after an injury and lifestyle change. I want to loose it again and I do not react well to carbs. I am not good with meal plan design and am not sure where to start. Can someone offer and example menu for us? Although the above menu is making us loose quickly, I know we are looseing lean mass and neither of us want this. Time to shift gears. I have read through many threads and have not found people post stats, so it is hard to determine what sample menu to go with.

THANKS!!
    Last edited by tracy12421; 03-28-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add info

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hi tracy you don't really need a sample diet. Figure out your maintenance calories and eat 500 under that. Make sure your calories break down to 60%Fat 35%Protein 5% Carbs, you can do all this for free via Myfitnesspal. You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits into your calories. These is a link in my signature I post my diet and workout for everyday. Also in the guide to keto the stickie there is a list of foods good and bad, print that out and eat what you want.

hope that helps
    GOAL is to be the best I have ever been in my life. Lose Fat Gain Muscle!.

--------------------
    1/9/12 209
    4/13/12 179
    4/27/12 172
    6/2/12 160
    Follow my current Transformation!! or let me know about yours

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142832321 - First Log Finished!!

Originally Posted by tracy12421 View Post
    New and confused...

I have been on a diet called CR500 for 12 days. It claims to be keto. Both my boyfriend and i have lost 15 pounds each. A day consists of: 500 calories.

Breakfast: small apple

Lunch: 100g lean protien source, 100g of fiberous vegetable, 1 piece of melba toast

Snack: small apple, organge or 6 oz. strawberries

Dinner: 100g lean protien source, 100g of fiberous vegetable, 1 piece of melba toast

1 gallon of water, daily. No caffine or aspartane.

My stats as of this morning are: 5'5" tall, 169 lbs. My boyfriend is: 5'10" tall, 198 lbs

I have some experience with clean eating on a high protien, builders diet and have experience in the gym. I have gained about 30 pounds in the last 2 years after an injury and lifestyle change. I want to loose it again and I do not react well to carbs. I am not good with meal plan design and am not sure where to start. Can someone offer and example menu for us? Although the above menu is making us loose quickly, I know we are looseing lean mass and neither of us want this. Time to shift gears. I have read through many threads and have not found people post stats, so it is hard to determine what sample menu to go with.

THANKS!!
    That's an awful diet, and not even keto.

Keto is high fat, moderate protein, low carb. That diet appears to be virtually fat free, and wastes a lot of calories on fruit. For the calories in one orange, you can have a hell of a lot of spinach or broccoli.

Raise your calories to 10 cals per pound. 500 cals won't hurt in the short term, but you can't do it for more than a very short time before you hit deminishing returns.

Try a couple of eggs for breakfast. I recommend making a big omlette with lots of mushrooms and spinach or herbs.

Fish and a big green salad for lunch. Make an olive oil and vinegar dressing to go with it.

Dinner could be steak or chicken and broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, fennel, etc.

Small whey shake after lifting.

tracy12421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the advice. I will get the hang of this. This is a snapshot today without planning. Very rough. "myfitnesspal" indicates 27g carbs, 108g protien and 75g fat.

Today I ate:

Brunch: 2 whole eggs, 4 oz egg whites, 1 cup spinich 10 g cheddar, 1 tsp. macadamia nut oil- Scramble.

Dinner: 6 Oz beef tenderloin, 2 cups green salad, 5 grape tomoatoes, 1/4 cucumber, 1 tbsp of Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Parmesan Pesto dressing

snack: 100 g Ukrainian sausage (still weird for me to eat this on a cuttiing diet!!), small celery stalk with 2 tbsp. natural almond butter.

Total of 1237 calories. I know this is not enough. I am working on it right now. Hoping to have it planned out soon. I think I am too heavy on protien and too light on fat. But not near enough cals. Hopefully this will still get me closer to keto until Ive got this nailed down. thanks for the replies!

Eileen: I should be aiming for 1690 cals a day, with a ratio of 65/30/5? Math was never my strong point. LOL! Do I subtract 500 to loose weight? If so, I should be close?

Thanks, again!

Tracy

If you ate an extra whole egg instead of the egg whites, you'd prbably be about right.

If you are not hungry, then you're fine. Most people have a keto honeymoon, where they can eat low cal and lose weight faster, at the beginning. Then your appetite will return to its true levels, and you can keep an eye on your calories.

If you know your bodyfat, then base calories on lean mass. 13 cals per pound of lean mass works well for most people.

j1pvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question..
    Im trying to give this diet a go.. Im trying to cross over from a low carb/ low fat/ hi protein diet.
    So Ive cut all carbs and Im trying to up my fat with stuff like peanut butter/ bacon/ coconut oil.
    My energy was low before and its plummeting now, Im on about day 3 of zero carbs and my brains gone fuzzy and I just want to sleep all the time...
    Ive always used energy drinks to fuel my workout, and I see no way I could possibly pull off a heavy workout without using energy drinks..
    I also do the usual carbs n protein straight after. followed by a small protein/ fat meal an hour later before sleep ( steak or eggs with peanut butter).
    Are the workout carbs and post workout carbs not going to bring me out of ketosis.???
    Thanks

j1pvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Found this list of Ketogenic Foods

Ketogenic Foods.

Here's a partial list of just some of the foods that can be consumed on a ketogenic diet. I'll start with the '100% safe foods', the ones that shouldn't throw you out of ketosis due to having either no carbs, or trace amounts of carbs. Next I'll go to 'questionable' foods, such as hotdogs, where you must check the carb content on the package, because some hotdogs have only 1 gram of carbs per hotdog, some have seven. I'm also including a list of higher carb content foods, that can be eaten in VERY limited quantities. Finally I give a list of foods that shouldn't be eaten on a ketodiet at all. (Note: I've tried to list every food I know, in any form, so there will be some redundancy. Foods marked with an '*' are considered healthy, we highly recommend eating them as much as possible while staying under your carb limit and staying in ketosis!)

Safe Foods (No Carbs/Trace Carbs)
    Beef, Steak, Hamburger, Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Roast Beef, Chicken*, Duck, Any Fish*, Tuna*, Salmon*, Trout*, Halibut*, Lamb, Pork, Bacon, Ham, Eggs, Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Butter, Oils (Olive Oil*, Flaxseed oil*, etc.), Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Soy Sauce, Tea, Coffee, Heavy Cream and Nutrasweet/Equal.

Minimal Carb Foods (Limited Quantities Only, Check Carb Content!)
    Broccoli*, Spinach*, Lettuce*, Cabbage*, Bok Choy*, Kale*, Asparagus*, Mustard Greens*, Mushrooms*, Cucumbers*, Pickles*, Olives*, Celery*, Green Beans*, Brussel Sprouts*, Cauliflower*, Artichokes*, Peppers* (Red, Green, Jalapeno, Habanero), Onions*, Nuts, Flaxseeds*, Cheeses, Salami, Pastrami, Hot Dogs, Sausages, Ribs (watch out for the sauce!), Buffalo Wings, Liverwurst, Oysters, Abalone, Protein Powders, Sugar Free Jello, Salad Dressings (some), some Wines.

Higher Carb Foods (Very Limited Quantities!)
    Grapefruit*, Lemons*, Limes*, Strawberries*, Olives*, Rasberries*, Blackberries*, Kiwis*, and Half-N-Half.

Foods that are NOT appropriate.
    Beer, Mixed drinks, Bread, Milk, Pasta, Grains, Cereal, Rice, Potatoes, Corn, Carrots, Peas, Candy, Cake, Cheesecake, Donuts, Fruit Juices, High Carb Fruits (Apricots, Banannas, Peaches, Nectarines, etc.), Pastries, Non-Diet Soft Drinks, Rolls, Bagels, Popcorn, Battered Foods (Fried Chicken, etc.), Gravy, Honey, Sugar, and Corn Syrup.

Notes: Diet Soft Drinks, such as Diet Coke, Diet 7-Up, and Diet Pepsi can usually be consumed in large quantities, but the citric acid content in these drinks can throw some people out of ketosis. Be sure to check in your individual case if this happens. Hard liquor, such as scotch, vodka, etc can be consumed because they have virtually no carbs. Wine actually makes a nice ketogenic alcoholic drink, as most wines have only 1-6 grams of carbs per glass, the sweeter the wine, the more carbs. Beer is usually very high in carbs, having 10-15 grams per glass. Watch out though, when you're in ketosis your blood sugar will be very low, and the alcohol will have a more pronounced effect.

Originally Posted by j1pvt View Post
    Question..
    Im trying to give this diet a go.. Im trying to cross over from a low carb/ low fat/ hi protein diet.
    So Ive cut all carbs and Im trying to up my fat with stuff like peanut butter/ bacon/ coconut oil.
    My energy was low before and its plummeting now, Im on about day 3 of zero carbs and my brains gone fuzzy and I just want to sleep all the time...
    Ive always used energy drinks to fuel my workout, and I see no way I could possibly pull off a heavy workout without using energy drinks..
    I also do the usual carbs n protein straight after. followed by a small protein/ fat meal an hour later before sleep ( steak or eggs with peanut butter).
    Are the workout carbs and post workout carbs not going to bring me out of ketosis.???
    Thanks
    Day three stinks on keto. You're not in ketosis and your body thinks it's starving. In a couple of days, you'll feel much better and able to work out as usual.

Don't do carbs pre-workout and keep the amount PWO small.

kososiks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Eileen, you seem like the expert around here, how's this for a basic framework?

Meal 1: 3 Eggs, 2 Rashers of Bacon, Cheese
    Meal 2: Mackerel in Oil, Ranch Dressing, Spinach
    Meal 3: Mackerel in Oil, Ranch Dressing, Spinach
    Meal 4: PWO: Whey Protein, 2 TBs Peanut Butter
    Meal 5: Burger/Salmon/Steak/Chicken Thigh, Cheese, Spinach
    Meal 6: Cottage Cheese, Tuna

First foray into Keto, I'll be keeping control of the calories myself but how is this for a start?

Also I've heard junk food is good for Carb Loading Days, is this true? Seems to me that I'd want at least one day with low fat, but like I say I'm fairly clueless on Keto.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kososiks; 04-29-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Looks good except for the pb post workout. Keep that meal fat free. Whey and dextrose only.

No, avoid junk food. Okay, if you are really young and ripped, you can get away with some junk, but carbing-up on junk can throw away a week of dieting. Low fat, high carb food like oatmeal, sweet potato, rice, whole grains etc, are the way to go on carb-up.

kososiks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I figured that would be misinformation. Thanks for the help, those are all my favourite carbs anyway, so works out nicely.

soniccool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is my diet. Any suggestions as well? Im 165 pounds.

Meal 1
    2 whole eggs 2 whites
    4 tblsp pj

Meal 2
    40 almonds

Meal 3
    chicken breast 8 oz
    2 tblsp pj

Meal 4
    Protein Shake 1 scoop
    2 tblsp pj

Meal 5
    40 almonds

Meal 6
    2 whole eggs 2
    2 tblsp pj

What's pj?

Where are the veggies?

There's a lot of nuts in there. Not that you can't eat nuts on keto, but they should fill the gaps, not be the cornerstone of meals.

soniccool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    What's pj?

Where are the veggies?

There's a lot of nuts in there. Not that you can't eat nuts on keto, but they should fill the gaps, not be the cornerstone of meals.
    PJ is Peanut Butter i innacidently wrote that. As for veggies where should i put those in?

Originally Posted by soniccool View Post
    PJ is Peanut Butter i innacidently wrote that. As for veggies where should i put those in?
    Then you definitely have a lot of nuts in there. Eat more meat and a lot more green veg. Fill half your plate with leafy greens at every sitdown meal.

scottbarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Meal 1: 2 egg whites, 2 eggs, with slice of meat 2 scoop protein shake

Meal 2: meat with veg

Meal 3: same as meal 2 or protein shake

Meal 4: meat salad

Meal 5: cottage cheese, PB, whey - mix

Snacks - almonds
    What do you guys all think of my KETO diet? For carb up days (I was thinking of carbing up every other leg workout if I can manage it.)

Im 6 foot. 90kg, 16% bodyfat.

It is very drastic as I have 6 weeks to get to 10%.

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

JBFit83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks good in general for food choices. What kinds of meats are you eating? I'm curious about what a meat salad is too? What's your overall daily caloric intake about?

Originally Posted by scottbarnes View Post
    Meal 1: 2 egg whites, 2 eggs, with slice of meat 2 scoop protein shake

Meal 2: meat with veg

Meal 3: same as meal 2 or protein shake

Meal 4: meat salad

Meal 5: cottage cheese, PB, whey - mix

Snacks - almonds
    What do you guys all think of my KETO diet? For carb up days (I was thinking of carbing up every other leg workout if I can manage it.)

Im 6 foot. 90kg, 16% bodyfat.

It is very drastic as I have 6 weeks to get to 10%.

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
    John B.

scottbarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll either have a fatty fish or a lean meat such as beef mince and add in an egg to knock up the fats.

I'm not one to count macros - this is just more than the quantity of food that I cut on last year (I am now heavier - thus need more food) and I go on a week by week basis, looking in the mirror.

What do you think?

Originally Posted by JBFit83 View Post
    Looks good in general for food choices. What kinds of meats are you eating? I'm curious about what a meat salad is too? What's your overall daily caloric intake about?

Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000) Ghalex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Meal 1:
    3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites + 1 tblsp of peanut butter

Meal 2:
    250g of chicken + 1 tblsp of peanut butter

Meal 3:
    250g of chicken + 1oz almonds

Meal 4 (Pre-Workout):
    Mixed cauliflower, green beans, broccoli + 2 tblsp olive oil

Meal 5 (Post Workout):
    Whey Protein Shake + tuna can OR 250g chicken

i know its kinda bland and boring, but I live in Egypt and have limited options of what I can eat. I was wondering if this looks like a proper balance of a keto diet? I am really worried about losing muscle mass on this diet, so if I'm not eating enough protein please let me know.

Also, I plan on doing a carb up day once every 2 weeks. These are the carbs I plan to eat on the carb up day:

Oatmeal
    Pasta
    bananas
    apples
    whole wheat bread with nutella
    pizza without cheese

any critique is appreciated
    Last edited by Ghalex; 05-15-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Dumbells.Dance.Drugs<3

R.I.P. Az

TORONTO MISC

jfy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been in Ketosis for about a week and a half now so it looks like I'm doing it right but maybe too many cals? Im 5'9 and a 150 pounds.

Meal 1
    - 3-4 Eggs and 3 strips of bacon (1/2 Avocado as well some mornings)
    Meal 2
    - Beef burger-swiss cheese and broccoli and the other 1/2 of the Avocado
    Meal 3
    - usually my Post workout shake (musclepharm Combat protein)
    Meal 4
    -Chicken breast and Broccoli and maybe some ranch
    Meal 5
    - Usually before bed some cottage cheese

Ive been in Ketosis and didn't carb up my first week. Any advice or opinions would be great.

Ione has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's my very dull keto diet:

1:
    3 eggs
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 cup of broccoli

2:
    4 oz of chuck beef
    1 tbps of olive oil
    1 cup of collard greens

3:
    4 of chicken breast
    1 tbsp of coconut oil