whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

eh? left arm is bigger than the right?

I just measured my arms, left one is 13.5 inches (bi's) and my right arm is 12.8 inches, WTF? I been doing the exact same exercises for both arms, so im a little confused on how this could of happend.

I have felt greater pumps on my left arm also. Lately I have just been using dumb bells on the right to see if I gain anything, is this right or if anyone can recommend anymore workouts for this minor problem or an explanation for why this might be...

I'm right handed by the way.

thanks.

OverSize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Whiplash,

Did you happen to be a pitcher in high school or college baseball?

A few friends and I were chatting about our high school baseball days (we played year-round, about 120 games/year) and all of us happened to be pitchers. And someone brought up that their right arm (pitching arm) isn't as strong in the weight-room and the other 3 of us felt the same way about our pitching arms as well.

We didn't actually measure our arms, but I would be that all of our non-pitching arms were bigger.

My theory is that we were throwing so much (and stretching that arm so much) during those critical growth years that the throwing arm just grew into a longer and more durable muscle than the other arm.

Throwing arm = long, flexible, durable muscle
    Non=throwing arm = more powerful, shorter, fatter muscle

Anyhow, this may not apply to you at all but it is something that I've noted and was just curious if maybe this was the situation you were in?
    -----------------
    --------------
    OverSize

"If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."

whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiplash is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nup, i didnt play baseball, but i Played football in highschool and that was about 6/7 years ago. Ive been bodybuilding for the past 2 yrs or so, i forgot to mention im in the army.

Im not sure whats the problem with it, but its only about half an inch out on the right arm, so i guess I will have to live with it until it becomes becomes bigger and stronger.

im just doing db curls at the moment.

thanks

Registered User Getting Started's Avatar
    Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Getting Started has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guy
    I am in the same boat that you are My left is bigger than My right so what worked for me I slowed down & got more control on my right it worked my right arm is bigger now I have learned at least for myself your weaker side is always going to be a tiny bit smaller because for me I use my left more because i'm left handed hope this helps bro

Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use more db iso movements and start with your weaker arm and just match it with the stronger arm. The weaker one will eventually catch up. Do this on bis and tris. Tris make up 2/3s of the overall arm size.
    Kaje

"Bitten by the Iron Bug"

Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Just_Shruggin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    use the damn search function or take this **** to the teen section please

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if there's a serious strength difference between the two, cut the weight on the stronger side down and do same weight/reps/sets for each side to let the weaker catch up. if it's a size difference, just keep lifting - it will even out in time - nobody is 100% symmetric
    <->