MrMatticus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long do you lift everyday?

how long is your average workout?

JimmyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was actually going to post a similar question
    i started using the workout thats on the main page the 3 day mass one and it says that u shoud only lift for 47 minutes then something like after that u wont gain anything at all wut i was going to ask or say is taht b4 when i'd spend 2 hours int he gym doing more exercises for each muscle i felt like id get a better workout is that just me and is the 3 day mass workout just not for me ????

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do not lift any more than 1 hour....its counter productive
    Last edited by Blindfaith; 07-09-2002 at 11:20 PM.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

JimmyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so it is bad to lift for more than 1 hour at a time?

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    your test levels drop after 60 mins....most bodybuilders are in and out of the gym in 45-60 mins.....enless they decide to bs with their buddies.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

Muscleviking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The truth.

Originally posted by Blindfaith
    your test levels drop after 60 mins....most bodybuilders are in and out of the gym in 45-60 mins.....enless they decide to bs with their buddies.
    That is the truth, maxium WO session should be 60 mins not more.

Keep up the good work.
    Think Big - Train hard - Concentrate - be eXtreme !

BullFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

man i swear i really try as hard as i can... i dont talk to no one i just try to workout as fast as i can but yet i run out of time.... 1 hour just doest seem enough for me...

is that 1 hour with cardio and stretching? i mean lets count if u do for example chest and bicpets in one day ,,,, and do 3 exercises for each ... lets say it take u 1 min lifting and 1.5 min resting....

1(liftingtime)+2(restingtime) = 3 x 4(number of sets) = 12 min just one exercise

so 6 exercise total would be 12 x 6 = 72min

thats without cardio, warmup, stretching....

any idea?

jrshortall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I aggree with BullFX that being in the gym for your workout is going to be longer than an hr because you have to stretch and warmup, etc. But I think what BlindFaith is saying, is that your actual workout shouldn't be longer than an hour. I work out with a training partner and we do 4-5 exercises that have between 5-6 sets per exercise and we get done in 60-90 mins.

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When you read that your only suppose to be in the gym for 45-60 mins this is the max time you should be spending lifting weights. It does not include cardio, or abs just the time you spend working out with weights.

3 exercises, 4 sets = 10 mins ie barbell curl

Set- 1 min
    Rest- 2 min
    Set- 1 min
    Rest- 2 min
    Set- 1 min
    Rest- 2 min
    Set- 1 min

You shouldn't be resting this long when doing bicep curls if you take 60 seconds off your rests you could train your biceps with 3 exercises and 4 sets in 15-20 mins easily.

MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000)

don't rush it

concentrate more on lifting and not finishing all your excercises on time. if you worry about time you'll lose your focus and have a ****ty workout cause you're rushing it. granted you shouldn't spend more than an hour in the gym, if you really want to get out within an hour then I say cut down on the exercises instead, quality not quantity.
    peace

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

my longer days are around an hour to an hour and fifteen, the shorter days are more like 40-50 minutes. That feels about right for me. If your days are too long, you may have too many lifts or you may need to split it down further.

verbalassaulta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to only lift like an hour a day....it never got me anywhere...since i started liftin for 2 hours a day...i've but on 20 lbs of solid muscle in a year....it'll take you forever to build on only an hour a day....do you really think that pro body builders and ellite atheletes only spend an hour a day in the gym...ya me either

johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnny9988 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some days i just do my bi's and forearms, but i do them in like only 25 mins. I do quite a variation of exercises though, and i push myself extremely hard. Should i still do even more sets?

sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

1 hour...yea right

I spend at least an hour and half in the gym 5 days a week. I broke up my workout split to four days because I do 12 to 16 set per bodypart. And 'den at the end of the workout I do cardio for 10 to 15 minutes. Pros do less than 1 hour because they have the determination to get to the gym twice sometime three times a day. Sound crazy but I've asked this question to an IFBB pro.

csakiges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Yes, that is true your test. levels drop and your cortisol levels increase after around 45 minutes. Of course this varies from person to person but around the same ballpark number. Only a very small percentage can lift in the hour to hour and a half ballpark and not be in a catabolic state.

But then again, I fall into it too, where my workouts tend to be around an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you drink your shake during your workout wouldn't you be able to last a little bit longer due to the shake?
    1......2......3...... LIFT

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

I have used the workout that take nearly two hours also, I made gains with them too (although now I workout for a shorter period).

sanger: You know that the IFBB pro juices his ass off, right?

I think it is a personal thing. I made gains using workouts that lasted 2 hours and working each body part twice a week, I would venture to say that most people couldn't do that though. However, I continue to make gains spending about an hour to and hour and fifteen in the gym 6 days a week now (that's each bodypart once a week also, split 6 days because I split the bodyparts worked down very far)

You need to find what's right for you.

csakiges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Yes, the pros are on alot of stuff so it is silly to copy an exercise completely. That doesn't mean not to do what they do, but when you have someone who trains 4-5 days a week or even 6 and twice a day, a normal person like us can't train like that. We need proper rest and recovery which is just as important as tearing down the muscle. People who juice have alot better recovery than others.

Plus, with traning length, like light said, it is about preference. What works for one person may not necessarily work for the other.

MikeReid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I normally spend 60-75 minutes in the gym, however after reading this thread I decided to test how it felt to shorten my rest periods. At no point would I say I rushed, however I made a conscious effort to look at the clock and make sure I didn't spent over 2-3minutes resting.

I ended up spending around 45 minutes and would say it was the best damn workout I've had, since getting back into the gym 3 months ago. The whole time I felt pumped and aggressive.

Just a note that I did my tri's+shoulders today.

Mike

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't look how long I spend in the gym... I just lift... do my sets... and when I'm done... I'm done.

whether it takes 30 minutes or 3 hours... I don't give a ****. I will finish my sets. I always try to go as fast as I can, but not too fast so I can lift the heaviest weights possible... sometimes I'll rest as much as 3 minutes on squats... even though I'm ready to go much sooner... I know I wont be able to lift anywhere close to the weight I lifted before... overload is key...

sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sanger11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hey Light

I am not 14, I am 29 and I think I realize that genetics only take you so far. And it is common knowledge while your juicing that recover time is only 4 to 5 hours. Man that would be nice to be juicing, but I am in the military. But like Luke said, 30 mins or 3 hours who gives a ****...overload is the key.

IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lets see I train Back, Tri's and Bi's tommorrow..... it will probably take me anywhere from 1hr 20 mins to 1 hr 30 mins to complete that workout thats with 10 mins on the lifecyle to warmup followed by about maybe about 5 mins light stretching then 12 sets for back 8 for Triceps and 8 for Biceps... I have never really actually timed it but I figure this is how long it takes me to do that workout... I rest about 3 mins on deadlifts and maybe 1 min 30 secs on the rest of my exercises...

Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bottom line is, quit when your body can no longer keep up. Your body will let you know when enough is enough. If your working out for more than an hour and you feel the same as when you begun, something is wrong. You need to pay more attention to your intensity and form, not the clock.
    I'm not lost, I just don't care WHERE I am!

Juggalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on the day.

Chest Day - 50 - 55 mins
    Arm Day - 35 - 40 mins
    Leg Day - 55 mins
    Shoulder Day - 30 - 35 mins
    Back Day - 50 - 60 mins

IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IrOn GrIpP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i lift for about an hour and do a max of 4 lifts per workout. any thing after an hour is worthless and overtraining imo.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Isnt it exactly 47, 48 minutes ???

I finished my leg day today in about 35-40 minutes.
    1 hour tops for me when its weights , usually 50 mins.

I used to my one of those dummies who used to spend 2 hours.

Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaliko22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    35-60 min