Bigbu$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to fat Loss.... Help plz

Hey everybody I think this is my first post on here, but i've been bumming around this fourm for awhile now trying to get all my information correct.

First off here are my stats. I'm 5'8'', 192lbs, 18% body fat - Just got these numbers confirmed today.

what im looking to do is decrease my body fat percentage. I would ideally like to get my body fat down to about 8-10 %.

I believe in setting goals, so my goal is to bring my bodyfat percentage down by about 8%.... I would like to accomplish this by the 1st of July and start my fitness/nutritional program on the 1st of april... so roughly 16 weeks ...

so my question is, is this much fat loss do-able in 16 weeks ?

According to A BMR calculator I found and used here on BB.com I have a BMR of 2014 cals per day. Factoring in my activity level brings my total daily calories burned to 3323.

what I would like to know is, since right now i might eat 1500 cals per day where do i start ? I know to lose bodyfat I have to burn more calories than I take in.. so if I up my daily intake suddenly by 1823 calories wouldnt i get fat ?

Im pretty sure 3323 calories daily if I ate that much would be reffered to as "Maintanance" meaning not losing or gaining weight am I correct there ?

So I figure to get my bodyfat down from 18% and 34 lbs of fat mass to 10%

34 lbs x 0.8 which is the 8% bodyfat I want to lose = 27.2 lbs of fat mass

so I would have to lose 34-27.2 = 6.8 lbs of fat to reach my goal of 10 % bodyfat.

are my calculations correct guys ?

I also have questions on how to split my food calories up ? I've been reading a few articles and this seems to be the most common

Fat - 15%
    Protein - 21%
    Carbs - 64%

Is this a good breakdown for losing bodyfat ? I know some people eat alot less carbs.... but im not sure where i should go with that...

For workouts and Exercise: I workout monday, tuesday, thursday and friday... and do cardio wednesday and saturday.

For suppliments: I use whey maxx protein and plan to run the E/C/A stack...

thanks for your help guys ! I would be pleased to read any of your thoughs or comments. you can send me pms or whatever if you think you might have some advice that might help me it would be greatly appreciated...

thanks again,

Dan.

Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapper41 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your shorter than me im 6'2" but i was at the same body fat 4 weeks ago, what I do caloris and break down wise was 2000 cal for 2 weeks than 2500 for 2 weeks alternating, I try to balance at around 40% prot 40% carb and 20% fat, but im still working on it. I can never get it quite balanced so I usually end up at around 50%prot 37%carb and 13%fat. Just play around with the numbers and you'll get it figured out. Also might want to up the cardio a bit to lose more BF I lift mon-sat and do HIIT cardio at least 4 of those days. In the last 4 weeks i've lost between around 6% body fat. Keep up the work!

TTT

thanks for the info

anyone else ?

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How can you only eat 1500 calories a day and not be starving?

Bump that up to 2000-2500 and create a calorie deficit by introducing more cardio to your routine. You might see a jump in weight since you have been starving yourself on 1500 calories.

40/40/20 is the ratio typically recommended for cutting. Get up to 20% fats by taking EPA supps, etc.

Assuming 0 muscle loss, you are looking at dropping 20 pounds of fat to go from 192@18% to 172@10%. Of course, you are probably going to drop say 1/4 a pound of muscle for every 1 pound of fat. So I would guess you will need to get to 165ish to be at 10%.

Also, April 1st to July 1st is more like 13 weeks. So you are looking at 2 pounds of weight loss per week. Doable, but you will have to be really strict and monitor everything closely since you are not extremely obese.

Nithos thanks for reply. Just to let you know i'm not trying purposely to starve myself... currently I i havent started eating properly and eating once or twice a day is routine for me.... but April 1st everything's gonna change... for the better.

so 40/40/20 is the best split for cutting ?

thanks for your reply

I will post my meal plan later tonight.... hopefully you guys can give me some pointers..

thanks !

Dan.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Start thinking six meals a day instead of two. You'll never get your metabolism going eating only twice a day.

Eating too little is just as bad, if not worse, than eating too much. At your height and weight I would not consider going below 1800-2000 calories per day.

The one thing that you MUST get out of your head is the thought that you can make things happen faster by doubling or cutting in half, whichever the case may be. The body's fat storage mechanisms do not understand the concept, and will not respond the way you want or expect them to do. This is probably the one thing that kills more weight/fat loss efforts than anything else.

C.K.