Javier187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Do I Bulk or Keep Cutting?

HI Everyone,

Im 5'9" 145 and around 18-20%bf (could be wriong tho),I was 190 a year ago and ive been cutting ever since.I am now what you would call (skinny fat), and i hate it,Alot of people have been telling me i dont have sufficient lean mass to lose the rest of my abdominal fat and that i need to bulk.Wich makes since but there telling me to eat like 3000calories+?so im thinking im just gonna gain everything back i just lost if i eat that much,i want to know if i can just bulk with my maintenance calories to just get rid of my love handels & midsection and not be skinny fat anymore or do i need to slowly up cal's to 3000 to get to my goal?

Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    PUT ON MUSCLE
    PUT ON MUSCLE
    PUT ON MUSCLE

You don't have to put on fat to put on muscle. You have no mass so get to work.

BTW your LBM is 116 by your info provided. Eat 2600 calories 5 days a week and 2100 cals 2 days a week. Get at least 120 g protein a day. This is for when you are training several days a week. There you go, free advice. And research how to do this on your own or hire someone to do it. Because when your LBM increases your calorie needs will go up.

BTW I changed the calcs since the first post.
    Last edited by Blackout; 03-24-2005 at 01:06 PM.

ok i know i should bulk but i would still like to know how i should go about my calorie intake and how many grams or calories should come form each macronutrient in terms with pros,carbs,& fats?whats a good split?

my bad i didnt read the whole post,thanks bro.

Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Generall use a 3:2:1 ratio of carbs/protein/fat. Using this your protein grams will be well above your minimum probably. That usually happens but don't sweat it. It doesn't have to be perfect.

XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50) XFactor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blackout
    PUT ON MUSCLE
    PUT ON MUSCLE
    PUT ON MUSCLE

You don't have to put on fat to put on muscle. You have no mass so get to work.
    That's going to be very difficult for him. I suggest you eat mostly protein and good fats, work out hard, and if you notice you're getting fatter cut back on food. You aren't going to lose fat and build muscle at the same time, so figure out which one you want to do and do it. I suggest you forget the fat and start eating and acting like a bodybuilder.
    That's the XFactor

NO PM's about anything illegal.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by Javier187
    HI Everyone,

Im 5'9" 145 and around 18-20%bf (could be wriong tho),I was 190 a year ago and ive been cutting ever since.I am now what you would call (skinny fat), and i hate it,Alot of people have been telling me i dont have sufficient lean mass to lose the rest of my abdominal fat and that i need to bulk.Wich makes since but there telling me to eat like 3000calories+?so im thinking im just gonna gain everything back i just lost if i eat that much,i want to know if i can just bulk with my maintenance calories to just get rid of my love handels & midsection and not be skinny fat anymore or do i need to slowly up cal's to 3000 to get to my goal?
    Increase your calories gradually -- no more than 500 at a time, mabye for one week and then 500 more the next. That will probably help you from storing too much of it before your metabolism readjusts.

I'd also take a break from cardio, and stick to strength training for a while, mabye a month or so. Strength training burns calories, and the general consensus also is that you will burn calories for longer after the workout is over than is the case for cardio. If you want to make the strength training more like cardio at first, work with lighter weight and pick the intensity of the workout up (shorter rests between sets, faster sets). Or mabye switch between workouts that are heavier weight but lower reps and lighter weight with higher reps.

Focus on compound moves that work multiple muscle groups simultaneously, like squats, bench presses, military presses, bent over rows, pullups, etc. This will give you the best bang for the buck in terms of calorie burning.

Consider supplementing with creatine monohydrate or (better) creatine ethyl ester for muscle cell volumization and strength boost. Drink plenty of water and maintain proper hydration (this will be important if you increase your protein intake significantly).

Good luck...

C.K.