taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Universal Ultra Iso Whey (tropical punch) Review

First off, I want to give a huge thanks to naturalguy at Universal for setting me up with a full-size tub of their Ultra Iso Whey (tropical punch) to try. I was looking specifically for a fruit punch or strawberry/cherry flavored whey and they did not have small samples of the tropical punch available when I asked—so he sent me a tub to try, which was awesome. I promised to do a review . . . finally getting to it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un...versal%20ultra

Cliffs in case you don’t want all the background/detail that follows:
    - Reasonably priced (about $34 in the BB.com store – roughly $1/serving)
    - Mixes well with water
    - No clumping, no foaming, easy clean-up
    - Tastes “pretty good” . . . between 7-8 /10. Could stand to be a bit stronger flavored
    - Tastes good with fruit punch type PWO
    - No nasty aftertaste or after-effects
    - I’m going to try it as a replacement for my current whey thanks to the sample . . . thanks, Universal!

Background (skip this if not interested!)

Some quick background to put that specific need into context. To try and keep it brief, my absolute favorite flavor is chocolate, but I’m supposed to minimize my chocolate intake . . . so I avoid chocolate flavored whey. I hate vanilla. And I tend to use fruit punch flavored pwo’s. So I have struggled to find a whey that I can stand to drink by itself and one that also mixes well with the pwo when I hit the gym at 5am. I usually mix the pwo and whey and chug it, then hit the gym. I also mix that with water—so there’s another consideration that I was working with.

Anyway, I’ve tried several other whey flavors and brands and couldn’t stand any of them. The one whey that I did find that I like and have been using is a brand that is not in good favor here. So I have been using it . . . but keeping my eyes out for a replacement from a company I feel better about supporting. No luck to this point and lots of $$$ down the drain. Thus after giving up for awhile, I made the inquiry to Universal hoping that they might have what I was looking for.

Detailed Review

Was pretty stoked to get the whey. Couldn’t wait to try it, so I opened it right up and mixed it with water in a shaker. Was pretty happy with the initial taste. It’s honestly not as tasty as “my other powder” . . . but it’s the first option I have tried that was even remotely in the same ballpark. So that was encouraging. I’d put it between a 7 – 7.5 for flavor (might be able to talk me into an 8). It’s not fantastic, but certainly “pretty good” (especially in comparison to almost everything else I have tried). There seemed to be a really slight “chemically” taste off the bat, but it’s not bad and it doesn’t stay with you at all. In my opinion, it could stand to have a little stronger flavor. The serving size per the packaging is one “rounded scoop” and if you don’t round it, its flavor is on the weaker side.

Mixes well with water, with no clumping, no foaming, and cleanup was easy with a quick hot water rinse. Doesn’t have any kind of bad aftertaste and doesn’t cause any stomach discomfort.

My next test was to mix with my PWO, which tends to be fruit flavored . . . just my preference. Currently I am using C4—which I have also been happy with. So I woke up to hit my 5am gym session, mixed a scoop of the C4 with a serving of the Universal Ultra Whey with water and shook it up. Really mixed well with the C4 and tasted great. It’s every bit as good as my other whey mixed like this. That’s a definite win! Have been doing that before all my workouts and really happy with it. Have also been using it post-workout and occasionally during the day if I want to get in some added protein.

Bottom line:

I like the Universal product and I am going to run with it for awhile and see how it goes longer term. I have a couple tubs of my other powder left to run through, but I plan on ordering up more of the Universal when that is gone. It’s priced lower than my other whey, taste is good, and I’ll feel better about supporting Universal.

Will do my best to answer any questions or respond to comments or PMs.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice review repd, have you tried lemonade chiller? have read mixed reviews about it.
    Sig line can't be a novel

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by blinky99 View Post
    nice review repd, have you tried lemonade chiller? have read mixed reviews about it.
    Have not tried that one. I was looking pretty specifically for something in the fruit-punch/strawberry/cherry category . . . but I did see that flavor listed when I looked up the one I was interested in.

Sucks that I have to avoid chocolate . . . there are so many good ones out there. LOL.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post
    Have not tried that one. I was looking pretty specifically for something in the fruit-punch/strawberry/cherry category . . . but I did see that flavor listed when I looked up the one I was interested in.

Sucks that I have to avoid chocolate . . . there are so many good ones out there. LOL.
    chocoalte is overrated check out 4ever fit they have quite a few fruit type flavors,
    Sig line can't be a novel