wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

simple beginning program for 18 y/o ecto

I was thinking of using this little routine because I have very limited equipment. If you guys care to add or give any advice I'd greatly apreiciate it. BTW, I'm 18 5'10 and 140lbs. I'm looking to gain a good amount of weight but I understand it takes a while. Anyway here is what I plan on using.

Monday: Legs, Tri's, Forearms
    Dumbell Squat 3 sets
    Legs Curl 2 sets
    Tricep Exten. 2 sets
    Reverse Curls 2 sets

Wednsday: Chest, Bi's, Calves
    Bench Press 3 sets
    Barbell Curl 2 sets
    Stand Calf raise 2 sets

Friday: Back, Shoulders, Traps
    Deadlifts 1 set
    Bent over row 2 sets
    Military Press 2 sets
    Barbell Shrugs2 sets

Reason I am doing only 1 excercise per body part is because I read you should start off with one and add every few weeks so you can see what each excercise is doing to your body. And, I cant afford a weight gainer and steaks and stuff like that.
    Last edited by wh0died; 07-09-2002 at 09:32 AM.
    MMA/Strength training journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=975331

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it looks pretty decent to me so far! how many reps per set are you going to be doing???
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yea man, you'll have to include how many reps you plan on using. And get some bulking excercises for bulking, for Tri's implement close grip bench, 1 set of dead lifts isnt gonna do much and how do you perform dumbell squats??! Get the right supps and a solid bulking diet and improve the routine some and you'll be good to go.

wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For reps I plan on dueing between 8-12 per set. Guys, how many deadlift sets do u recommend then? Close grip bench for tri's, ok i will do that. And what supplements do u recommend?

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    for you....i would suggest getting some creatine....and some weight gainer!

just do 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps increasing the weights as the reps decrease for every exercise....that will help put some muscle on you!

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Spend some money and get some N-Large 2 by Prolabs, Flax Oil, Universal Nutrition Liver Tabs, Prolabs creapure creatine, Mega-Man Multi-V. Lift hard and heavy man. Eat 4000 cals a day, 1.5 grams of protein for each pound of body weight. Avoid cardio when bulking up also bro. And eat, eat , eat. Here's a good recipe for a home made real replacement gainer that I make once a day and it's very good and more than does the job:
    14oz whole milk
    1 tbls spoon flax oil
    2 scoops peanut butter
    1 banana
    1/2-1 whole cup grinded oatmeal
    1 scoop protein powder or a gainer powder

You can add things for taste, like vanilla extract, gatorade powder, choc. syrup, ice cream etc. Nothing with a lot of fat though...YJ

Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Spend some money and get some N-Large 2 by Prolabs, Flax Oil, Universal Nutrition Liver Tabs, Prolabs creapure creatine, Mega-Man Multi-V. Lift hard and heavy man. Eat 4000 cals a day, 1.5 grams of protein for each pound of body weight. Avoid cardio when bulking up also bro. And eat, eat , eat. Here's a good recipe for a home made real replacement gainer that I make once a day and it's very good and more than does the job:
    14oz whole milk
    1 tbls spoon flax oil
    2 scoops peanut butter
    1 banana
    1/2-1 whole cup grinded oatmeal
    1 scoop protein powder or a gainer powder

You can add things for taste, like vanilla extract, gatorade powder, choc. syrup, ice cream etc. Nothing with a lot of fat though...YJ
    good advice....but is a little too much supplements for a beginner. Start simple and if u decide to stick with weight training then go for the **** load of supplements!

cheers

Originally posted by Blindfaith

good advice....but is a little too much supplements for a beginner. Start simple and if u decide to stick with weight training then go for the **** load of supplements!

cheers
    Just curious as to how thats too many supps. He's 18 years old and everything I named is natural, no PH's. You have to have your protein/gainer, liver tabs are desiccated liver with amino acids, creatine is the basics and will improve strength, flax oil is great for both bulking, cutting and everyday life even if you dont lift and a multi v is the same, doesnt matter if you weight train or not, it's essential. So the cost is low and I dont believe it's too much. But hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Hardgainer Personified ShallowGrave's Avatar
    ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks like a good start to me...I'm at the same height you are and struggled through the last 6 months or so to get from 127 to 140.

I'd do 3 sets of the major exercises tho: Squats, Deadlifts,Bench,Military Press, Bent Barbell. The reason is that these compound movements are working a lot of different muscles. Do these exercise first then dedicate whatever energy you have left to other exercises. This would make Fridays routine longer than the others so you might want to adjust your split if you try this advice.
    "That laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the replys guys. Just a few things tho. #1 N 2 Large is out of my price range but if you guys know of any descent gainer that are pretty descently priced then i would appreciate that. #2 Cardio, for me thats unavoidable because I play basketball every Friday and Saturday. And lastly, I think I'm gonna go easy on the supplements for the beginning stage and start taking creatine and flax oil and stuff after a few months. Don't wanna start all at once because I wanna see the results of each different supplements. So, I will probably start with the flax oil in about 2 months and a couple of months after that start with another supplement. Keep the advise coming guys, I'm all ears.

BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: simple beginning program for 18 y/o ecto

Originally posted by wh0died
    I was thinking of using this little routine because I have very limited equipment. If you guys care to add or give any advice I'd greatly apreiciate it. BTW, I'm 18 5'10 and 140lbs. I'm looking to gain a good amount of weight but I understand it takes a while. Anyway here is what I plan on using.

Monday: Legs, Tri's, Forearms
    Dumbell Squat 3 sets
    Legs Curl 2 sets
    Tricep Exten. 2 sets
    Reverse Curls 2 sets

Wednsday: Chest, Bi's, Calves
    Bench Press 3 sets
    Barbell Curl 2 sets
    Stand Calf raise 2 sets

Friday: Back, Shoulders, Traps
    Deadlifts 1 set
    Bent over row 2 sets
    Military Press 2 sets
    Barbell Shrugs2 sets

Reason I am doing only 1 excercise per body part is because I read you should start off with one and add every few weeks so you can see what each excercise is doing to your body. And, I cant afford a weight gainer and steaks and stuff like that.
    If you can not afford a glucose polymers and whey protein (weight gainer) then you can't afford to eat.

Dude, I can afford whey protien but I cant afford a $37 bottle of N 2 Large that will last me only 2 weeks.

Hardgainer Personified ShallowGrave's Avatar
    ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you get 30 servings for $37 dollars. Thats like 1.25 a serving for 50 grams of protein, theres no better deal for the money...plus it doesn't taste like crap so you can be sure it won't go to waste like some of the chalk tasting supps might. You do not NEED supplements to grow, but if your not taking them its harder to get all the protein and nutrients your body needs to efficienctly build muscle especially as an ectomorph with a high metabolism. Take 1/2 a seving after working out before your meal and a half serving before bed and it will last you a month. You'll be getting an xtra 800 cals(in milk), 52g of protein and 89 grams of carbs each day. Thats like an xtra pound or two a week if the rest of your diet is in shape. That may not be a pound or two of muscle, some of it will be fat, but your an ecto, youll burn it off easy when your body needs it.

What's in it?
    Supplement Facts:
    3.8 lbs Servings: 11
    10 lbs Servings: 30
    Serving Size: 152 grams (4 scoops)
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories in Water: 620
    Calories In 16oz. Nonfat milk: 790
    Calories from Fat: 54
    Total Fat: 6 grams
    Saturated Fat: 3 grams
    Cholesterol: 110 mg
    Sodium: 170mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 89 grams
    Dietary Fiber: 4 grams
    Sugars: 23 grams
    Protein: 52 grams

Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Cross Flow Micro Filtration Cold Processed Ion Exchanged Whey, Fructose, Natural Flavoring.

L-Alanine: 2.50gm
    L-Arginine: 1.30gm
    L-Aspartic Acid: 5.37gm
    L-Cystine: 1.03gm
    L-Glutamic Acid: 8.61gm
    L-Glycine: 1.00gm
    L-Histidine: 1.00gm
    L-Isoleucine (BCAA): 3.44gm
    L-Leucine: 5.20gm
    >L-Lysine: 4.60gm
    L-Methionine: 1.00gm
    L-Phenylalanine: 1.50gm
    L-Proline: 3.58gm
    L-Serine: 2.81gm
    L-Threonine: 3.89gm
    L-Tryptophan: 1.05gm
    L-Tyrosine: 1.27gm
    L-Valine: 3.15gm

Suggested Use: Use as a dietary supplement to achieve desired muscular weight gain. Use one serving between meals and at bedtime. This formula is highly concentrated, and due to its potency you may want to consider using 1/2 serving two or three times per day.
    "That laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thanks ShallowGrave, I thought they recommended you take a full serving twice a day. Obviously i was mistaken. I think I may pick that up. $1.25 a day is not bad at all and in my price range so I think I'm gonna have to buy some of that stuff.