seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to work the inner chest (properly)

I've been working out for about 6 months now and for the first 4 all I did were bench presses, 7 days a week, 10 sets of 15 reps. As a result my outer chest has gotten rather large but my inner chest is still pretty much non-existent That makes me look very bad in a tighter shirt, almost like i have breasts. It's not gyno though, thank you very much.

| / \ |
    ( | | )

(No i's not even half as bad as in the diagram but u get the idea)

I can't do dips cos the gym here just doesn't have the equipment, and close grips only seem to be good for wrecking my tris. Any other ideas, ppl? Thx in advance.
    Last edited by seanconnery; 12-08-2001 at 06:11 PM.

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not sure, but dude 10 sets is way too much of bench press, try incline, decline, flys and try db presses, Put 2 chairs togtether and u can do dips heh later-jay gl

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep 10 sets was waaaay too much...
    What I do now is 4X10 incline, decline and suppine, then 4X8 on smith press. Not much of a pump, though I do pre-exhaust and I can't do anymore at the end. No flyes (aside from pre-exhaust) as of yet - refer to your signature

beerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Benching 10 sets of 15, 7 days a week for 4 months probably isnt the most effective way to work out.

Try doing a bit of looking arond on this site and you should find some good info on what workouts work well to develope the chest.

Good luck

hehe...You have no idea how much I've read about chest training...I've tried almost everything to get my inner chest grow but the damned thing just won't do it. *sniff*

BigLiTTlEJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sean connery the best thing for your chest is definatly the peck deck but since most of us with home equipment get denyed of that luxuairy i say use dumbell flys or close grip bench press these
    work really good from my excperince
    the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exsist
    --------------------------------------------
    If your giong to lift like a man eat like a man -Br
    ---------------------------------------------
    I came i saw i was humbl'ed

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    a thing I have tried which has started to add new mass to my chest is this: You know those machines with the free handles which are used for your back delts? Well I sat on the other way around and did a type of flies for my chest, I tell you I LOVE that thing, amazing isolation and pump.. I am definitely adding them to my chest workout. Also, they isolate the chest completely and don't use shoulders as much as doing regular flies or especially using the flies machine.

meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

try doin flat flys, and pecdeck. I use pecdeck alot but when i started using flat flys i got a better workout for the inner chest and it stretches the center part of the chest, with that i got that kind of line between the chest that looks good when ur cut. I still gotta work harder tho, but thats what worked more for me.

mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do some DB flys adn the machine flys

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Gmav
    You know those machines with the free handles which are used for your back delts?
    Sure have, its called the PEC-DECK. People have mentioned it a few times already.

Try doing cable cross-overs

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Cable crossovers are definitely recommended, particularly if you make your arms cross the centre of your chest, and you hold and squeeze them pecs together.

Pec-deck are alos good doing one arma t a time so you can cross the mid-line.

Add some isometric holds at the inner range, that is, with your arm across your body, when doing the exercise.

ISOMETRICS.........SOOOOOO UNDER-RATED!!
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

So I'm supposed to do lotsa flyes?

Close grips just kill my triceps, so that's a big no-no.

Another problem with my chest workouts is that only my upper pecs hurt the next day, though I do more on the suppine and declines. Weird.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lightbulb

Cable cross-overs are the way!

And single-arm pec-dec
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Don 't have equipment for cable crossovers at the damned gym

No pec-deck either. How about one armed flyes on suppine bench and flye machine?

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your chest has three sections; upper, middle, lower. Your chest does not grow inwards and outwards...If the outer parts of your chest are big, that is what your genetics allow.
    "It's 10:00, did you drink your protein shake?"

"Gimme my ****, or be **** on"