tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)

technique for BB bench Press

i read the proper technique for the bench press in this book, (chess pushed out,hips on the bench, forearms under wrist and straight), but when i did them today i could barely feel it in my chest. it was mostly triceps i think. does anyone have advice so i can feel it more in my chest?

mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mc1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Go here and read the chapter 2 excerpts:

http://www.hardgainer.com/articles.html

for a very complete description of the bench press.

You might try dumbell presses. The pecs have two basic functions, to push arms out and to pull arms across. You don't get the pulling across with a barbell. Also, your triceps just might be comparatively weaker.
    Last edited by mc1; 07-08-2002 at 09:47 PM.

Nuttin but a peanut SwoleLifter's Avatar
    SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It might be because your grip it to close. You should try to make it a little wider, but not too wide because that will involve your shoulders too much. Try it out and feel whats comfortable for you.

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no, i don't think its the grip, but ill check it out. i think it would most probably be that my triceps are weaker. i had a problem with them. thanks.

Nuttin but a peanut SwoleLifter's Avatar
    SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwoleLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could also do a chest exercise before benching to pre-exhaust the chest. You could pick pretty much any chest exercise that u like doing that will give u a good pump in your chest and do a couple sets, then go to bench presses. This will make you feel it more in the chest and less in the triceps and shoulders when your benching.

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)

bench sucks

This is because bench sucks. I had the same problem. Form takes to much focus away from the lift. I'll take the **** that will follow this post, but there is really to much to think about. Breathing, back off the bench, chest elevated, shoulders back, try to touch ur hands at the top w/out moving them. To much for me. Sorry. I love lifting, but if you slip at any of these things u will have a shoulder injury like me. It was my fault, but still its not worth it. Peace out.

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: bench sucks

Originally posted by D-Termine
    This is because bench sucks. I had the same problem. Form takes to much focus away from the lift. I'll take the **** that will follow this post, but there is really to much to think about. Breathing, back off the bench, chest elevated, shoulders back, try to touch ur hands at the top w/out moving them. To much for me. Sorry. I love lifting, but if you slip at any of these things u will have a shoulder injury like me. It was my fault, but still its not worth it. Peace out.
    Ok, you asked for it, YOU ARE A MORON! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE UNTIL YOU GROW A BRAIN!

squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Form is important, but i've never heard someone say that they can't do bench press because its too much brain work. Reading about it is a bit of an overkill. Just get the general points down, and then get someone who knows what they are doing to show you. Better still, get several people, and then decide whats best for you.