plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein for your MOOD (just food for thought, literally)

I just thought I'd point out the fact that when people think of taking a protein supplement, or keeping the protein content of their diet high naturally... it's often immediately associated with muscle gain, and the recovery process of a good workout.

Obviously those are benefits of having good complete proteins in your diet but I figured I'd mention something most people don't consider about the amino acid content of a complete protein -

The amino acids worth mentioning:
    --Glutamine - Promotes the ability to add mass and prevent the loss of muscle due to lack of exercise (most commonly associated with protein consumption)
    --Proline - Strengthens and helps in the repair of tissues, cartilage, and bones (another common association)

What most don't consider
    --BCAA - Helps increase energy and endurance.
    --Phenylalanine - Helps relax nerves and decrease pain.
    --Tryptophan - Helps control depression and pain, and adds to relaxation.
    --Arginine - Helps in growth and maintenance of the blood supply.

Most people don't really realize that when you're getting a good supply of these amino acids, you'll have better energy, you're more relaxed and connected, less prone to depression, and will have better blood flow (which helps EVERY aspect of your body).

So I thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141149431&p=809424601#post8094246011 - If you think sleep is important

NASM CPT (July 2006)
    NCSA CPT (December 2006)
    BS - Human Biology and Nutrition (May 2011)
    MS - Physiology (May 2013)
    CSCS (July 2013)
    PhD - Physiology (June 2015)

plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd also like to point out this is no encouragement to overdose on protein which is hard on your kidneys.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141149431&p=809424601#post8094246011 - If you think sleep is important

NASM CPT (July 2006)
    NCSA CPT (December 2006)
    BS - Human Biology and Nutrition (May 2011)
    MS - Physiology (May 2013)
    CSCS (July 2013)
    PhD - Physiology (June 2015)