Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)

Breathing technique for bench press??

According to one of the trainers at the gym i go to you have to inhale while you lower the bar and exhale on the way up.

According to the article i read on BB.com by Curtis Schultz who is a contributor for Ironman magazine , you have to hold you breath BEFORE you lower the bar

which one of those methods is more effective for a non advanced lifter?
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HopkinFrog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always thought it was correct to exhale during the effort (i.e. pushing the weight up in this case).

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    most sorces say to exhale on the concentric phase of the lift. Although most power lifters will hold breath through the sticking point I believe, but (I assume) for your purposes exhale when exerting the force
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always hold my breath. Idk if its just me but, when i hold my breath, it feels like im using more muscle. When i take breaths, it makes it more less harder for me. Idk why. Maybe im not the only one this happens too. I hope lol.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For a beginning strength trainer (with no cardiac issues), I would always recommend not worrying about your breathing pattern. The body will naturally take this action over, for you, and you can just concentrate more on proper exercise technique. For lower rep sets, breath holding, through the sticking point, will increase intra-abdominal pressure and result in a more stable spine.

The general recommendation that you will get from the majority of noob trainers is to exhale on the concentric contraction and inhale on the eccentric contraction.

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HopkinFrog View Post
    I always thought it was correct to exhale during the effort (i.e. pushing the weight up in this case).
    that true and that what both of them say.
    But if you read carefully one says before you lower the bar HOLD your breath which means INHALING when your elbows locked out then lowering the bar

and others (trainer) says to INHALE WHILE you lower the bar
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i inhale about the first 25% of lowering the weight... exhale when im ~80% done w/the rep (bringing the weight back up)...

focused breathing can lead to moving more weight, imo (as well as good form, arch, and leg drive)
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knackbobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most important thing - don?t forget to breath !!! As i learned and know from experience, you exhale while pressing and inhale while lower the weight to the chest. imo you should never hold your breath, especially as a beginner. Keep breathing
    If you love eating - you better love workin out

Otherwise: Lean back while getting fat

So everybody has his choice

"Eat better - Live healthier - Workout smarter"

Knackbobbes

Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ironized is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    For a beginning strength trainer (with no cardiac issues), I would always recommend not worrying about your breathing pattern. The body will naturally take this action over, for you, and you can just concentrate more on proper exercise technique. For lower rep sets, breath holding, through the sticking point, will increase intra-abdominal pressure and result in a more stable spine.

The general recommendation that you will get from the majority of noob trainers is to exhale on the concentric contraction and inhale on the eccentric contraction.
    Spot on!

If holding was so bad why do doctors have women take in a big breath and hold while they push in child bearing? PUSH!!!