Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bulking/cutting and egg whites!

Okay, I've been around for a while doing bodybuilding now. When I say a while, I mean 7 or months solid, which isn't long to old timers but long enough to know quite a lot. I stumbled upon these forums last week (I know, God bless me) and found some interesting stuff, mainly the while "bulking" and "cutting" thing.

Now I get the whole, you eat eat eat lots of protein, carbs and fat with supplements of Creatine to put weight on for "bulking". You also work out during this time with weights, with limited cardiovascular (Well, burn less than you eat basically). So you go from a 170lbs to a 180lbs say in 6 weeks.

Then the crazy part. You begin to "cut" which is tone up, yeh? So you start to diet and do lots of cardiovascular in order to lose the fat. But imo (I'm probably wrong) most of that 10 pounds would be fat anyways, so you're going to be back to the begining?

Thanks for hopeful advice, I have had a look around, and starting these current two phases does interest me, I just want bit more knowledge and advice.

And well I'm here./ Egg whites. I see a lot of people here have them for protein. Firstly how do you split them from the yoke? And b, do you just drink the 6 eggs raw, I'm guessing it'd be minging.

wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Eastwood
    Okay, I've been around for a while doing bodybuilding now. When I say a while, I mean 7 or months solid, which isn't long to old timers but long enough to know quite a lot. I stumbled upon these forums last week (I know, God bless me) and found some interesting stuff, mainly the while "bulking" and "cutting" thing.

Now I get the whole, you eat eat eat lots of protein, carbs and fat with supplements of Creatine to put weight on for "bulking". You also work out during this time with weights, with limited cardiovascular (Well, burn less than you eat basically). So you go from a 170lbs to a 180lbs say in 6 weeks.

Then the crazy part. You begin to "cut" which is tone up, yeh? So you start to diet and do lots of cardiovascular in order to lose the fat. But imo (I'm probably wrong) most of that 10 pounds would be fat anyways, so you're going to be back to the begining?

Thanks for hopeful advice, I have had a look around, and starting these current two phases does interest me, I just want bit more knowledge and advice.

And well I'm here./ Egg whites. I see a lot of people here have them for protein. Firstly how do you split them from the yoke? And b, do you just drink the 6 eggs raw, I'm guessing it'd be minging.

Do NOT eat eggs raw, it's pretty dangerous.

Also, you should eat the whole egg. When you take out the yolk, you are getting rid of the fat yes, but you also get rid of most of the protein. As it says in Arnold's Encyclopedia, if you need to lower the fat in your diet, do it somewhere else.

For your question about cutting: If you bulk clean, then most of your gains will not be fat, and you won't have to cut for a long time. Usually you don't bulk for one month then cut the next. Bulking is usually over an extended period of time.

You have to set a goal. For example say you want to bulk up to 200 lbs. Now you're going to gain 1-2 lbs a week, so you do the calculations, and it's going to take you 16 weeks. After you get to that goal, now you want to get rid of the excess fat that you've gained, and go on a cutting diet. If you bulked smart, you won't be back where you started when you're done cutting.

mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikd154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Idealy the 10lbs ur referring 2 would actually b mostly muscle... the way to acheive this is by eating clean and lifting w/ intensity

2010 Phillies..Real Deal In My Eyes's Avatar
    In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Eastwood

Bro, ask your mom how to do it haha all moms know how to seperate yolks from whites.. Personally I just hard boil them and pull the yolk out seperate, but you can crack the egg and let the white drain by transferring the yolk between the cracked shells a few times..

As far as "bulking" and "cutting" the idea is that when you're "bulking" you are also maxing out as far as your lifts go.. So that after the 8-12 weeks or however long you're bulking you have gained significant muscle mass (2-3 lbs of solid muscle is great) esp because you will likely have gained 10-12 total lbs.. At that pt you shed the excess fat and the muscle you've gained will show.. Remember.. It's near impossible to gain more than 10 lbs of solid muscle mass per yr without drugs.. Aim for 5-7 lbs of lean mass a yr and you'll be golden... Best of luck, hope to see you post often
    "Still though, I think if you're not self-obsessed, you're probably boring."

"We have advantages. We have a cushion to fall back on. This is abundance. A luxury of place and time. Something rare and wonderful. It's almost historically unprecedented. We must do extraordinary things. We have to. It would be absurd not to."

wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by In My Eyes
    As far as "bulking" and "cutting" the idea is that when you're "bulking" you are also maxing out as far as your lifts go.. So that after the 8-12 weeks or however long you're bulking you have gained significant muscle mass (2-3 lbs of solid muscle is great) esp because you will likely have gained 10-12 total lbs.. At that pt you shed the excess fat and the muscle you've gained will show.. Remember.. It's near impossible to gain more than 10 lbs of solid muscle mass per yr without drugs.. Aim for 5-7 lbs of lean mass a yr and you'll be golden... Best of luck, hope to see you post often
    You do not "max out" for your lifts (not every time you lift I mean). When you're bodybuilding, your rep ranges are generally 6-12. Those lifting for strength should do rep ranges of under 5. I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

Most of the people here are beginner bodybuilders, and there should be no problem for them gaining 20-30lbs of muscle during their first year or two.

PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PatsFan75BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arent eggs insanley high in cholesterol?
    Don't buy into Bowflex propoganda

Originally Posted by PatsFan75BC
    Arent eggs insanley high in cholesterol?
    I don't really watch my cholesterol or keep track of the cholesterol in foods (because I'm pretty young), but I'm pretty sure eggs have the "good" cholesterol.

In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) In My Eyes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wonsleinad
    You do not "max out" for your lifts (not every time you lift I mean). When you're bodybuilding, your rep ranges are generally 6-12. Those lifting for strength should do rep ranges of under 5. I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

Most of the people here are beginner bodybuilders, and there should be no problem for them gaining 20-30lbs of muscle during their first year or two.
    During bulking you should aim for strength gains as your energy levels will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher at this pt.. Unless you're cutting with Clen or T3, your energy levels SHOULD be significantly lower during cutting due to cutting calories. During cutting you should aim for muscle maintaince rather than gaining muscle.. Your responces are appreciated though, as you seem to write better than, and with more knowledge than about 90% of this board.

"We have advantages. We have a cushion to fall back on. This is abundance. A luxury of place and time. Something rare and wonderful. It's almost historically unprecedented. We must do extraordinary things. We have to. It would be absurd not to."

Originally Posted by wonsleinad
    I don't really watch my cholesterol or keep track of the cholesterol in foods (because I'm pretty young), but I'm pretty sure eggs have the "good" cholesterol.
    As far as this is concerned.. If you're a serious BB'er you should be concerned with cholesterol.. Even if it's right now.. Eggs are extremely high in cholesterol, which is why losing the yolk on eggs can be a positive thing. For every 1/2 dozen eggs, try for 4 whites 2 yolks.. Keeping a decent cholesterol level is EXTREMELY important in BBing, especially if you plan on dipping into the special sauce later on in life... Again I appreciate you talking the time to type this out for somebody new on the board.

BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGlouie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bulking clean

if you eat healthy and get rid of the excess fat and sugar, you won't lose most of the weight. If you want to seperate the white from eggs, just crack the egg into a funnel

Originally Posted by In My Eyes
    During bulking you should aim for strength gains as your energy levels will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher at this pt.. Unless you're cutting with Clen or T3, your energy levels SHOULD be significantly lower during cutting due to cutting calories. During cutting you should aim for muscle maintaince rather than gaining muscle.. Your responces are appreciated though, as you seem to write better than, and with more knowledge than about 90% of this board.
    I was a little confused at what you meant by "max out". You should lift heavy, that is important, but it's important to recognize the difference between strength being your primary objective vs. muscle mass being your primary objective. Would you agree with my previously-posted, bodybuilding rep range?

Thanks for the compliment, right back at you.

You're not important. CrackAddictX03's Avatar
    Location: girlfriends bedroom. the kitchen. my room/weight room. you can find me there.
    CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrackAddictX03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    watch food network on cable to see how to extract egg whites from eggs.

and just for your info, egg whites have NO cholesterol. they are pure protein too-which is why people like me easily take in 18 eggs a day.
    Hehehehe Hahahaha Whohohohoh

Just throwin some logic in there.

Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eastwood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for ther advice lads