ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ndnguy85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

why does "fat calories" matter?

this is something thats been confusing me

whenever someone bulks they eat an excess of say 500 or more calories. but they always try to eat foods not high in fat. how does that matter since 500 calories of fat and 500 calories of carbs is the same thing..or so i am thinking.

i am tryin to cut right now and so far i dont really count my carbs or fat..but calories and protein.

thanks guys.

dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ndnguy85
    this is something thats been confusing me

whenever someone bulks they eat an excess of say 500 or more calories. but they always try to eat foods not high in fat. how does that matter since 500 calories of fat and 500 calories of carbs is the same thing..or so i am thinking.

i am tryin to cut right now and so far i dont really count my carbs or fat..but calories and protein.

thanks guys.
    1 gram of fat has 9 calories
    1 gram of protein has 4
    1 gram of carbs has 4

breaking it down into calories helps you eat a balanced amount of P/C/F throughout the day.

kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no their not the same thing, that SHOULD be obvious even to someone who knows nothing more than the english language... carbs does not = fat, HENCE the different names. and the real point is that your body would like to have 500 calories over of protein to build the muscle since that's what it's made of, it can't make 500 calories on fat into muscle that's just wrong...
    Cutting

dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ndnguy85

thanks guys.

try and get most of your calories from EFA's, Protein(1g per LBM #s), and good carbs.

Living in a vacuum sucks forgot password's Avatar
    forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    fat has the lowest thermogenic effect, the % of calories taken in rewuired to actually digest the food, of all the other macro nutrients, 2%. So a diet high in fat will yeild a higher total # of usable calories than a diet high in protein, protein has a thermgoenic effect of around 30%.
    I drive really slow
    In the ultra-fast lane
    While people behind me are going insane

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly