Thread: 3x3 ?

mightybanani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3x3 ?

anyone tried the 3x3 program. I have had some pain feelings in my right elbow/shoulder so I thought it could be a good thing to train with smaller weights for a while. I also want to train some technique for the three big lifts.

So what are your feelings about this. can you really get stronger by training with weights around 58-64% even if it is three times a week.
    more info on www.fortifiediron.com

thanks for any replys
    squat: +440
    bench: +352?
    dead: +495
    (RAW of course)
    goal:
    worlds strongest man 2015

ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i do 80-85% when i do 3x3...

Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mightybanana-

i recently had a argument with another member on one forum about 3x3(yes i preach 3x3) and at first i thought he was wrong...

i then serched other forums and notice many lifters experience overtraining and injurgys. i thougth they were doing it wrong and i was write. i say to myself and others, how can this be? this is simple routine . not much hard work.

i then thought longer and say, wait a minute, maybe this routine is not for the least developed powerlifter. this routine SHOULD be used only for the advanced powerlifter.

overall, yes the training and frequency is difficult for unexperienced like Shieko is. i NOW recommend this routine only for the advacned. Westside is a good program for the starting athelete. find many weakneses.

the routine was developed for the advanced ONLY. not many realize Stephan Korte is correct with the weightlifting routine.

so.....

honestly, this routine is for the advance. right now, many are using Westside because of universal approach. some use 3x3, but they are much MUCH advanced.

hope this helps.

-A

on a side, yes it works. Rome was not built in a day!!!
    Last edited by Pridg01; 03-09-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    [url]www.bodybuilding-fitness.de[/url]

Bavarian Iron

It does not amaze me that I won. It amazes me that I won effortlessly.

DONT PM ME. ASK IN THREAD(UNLESS IMPORTANT)

ok thanx, I think I´ll have to reconsider this then. But it sounds fun to do the "big 3" three times a week with light weights. also addins 50 pounds to your total score every eight week ain´t to bad.
    (RAW of course)
    goal:

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How long have you been lifting. If you dive right into a 3X3, you are asking to be hurt.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Based on Banani's numbers he looks to have enough of a foundation to work the 3x3. I really don't know anyone who has made progress any better than doing any other kind of routine and know a few who's bench has actually gone down from it. I also can't see not doing any direct lat work for an entire cycle. It do think it would be a good routine for working on technique only on the 3 powerlifts but you should be concentrating on that no matter what routine you are doing.

As far as WSB being good for beginners, I beg to differ. WSB is all about fixing weaknesses. When you are a beginner, everything is a weakness. And take into consideration that most beginners want to just move weight, they are going to use the lifts they can move the most weight in, and not use the ones they are weak in. So their strong points get stronger and their true weaknesses never get addressed. When it's time to test the full lift, you haven't made any progress.

You should be building a solid foundation on the main lifts- bench, squats, deadlifts, rows/chinups. Then, once you have done that for a couple years and think you need to address specific weaknesses, you could try WSB.

weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10) weener is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I go for 5x5 at 80-85, it the best thing I've ever done. I've put 55lbs on my bench in 2 months!

Real Deal Strength & Con. Cricket_Fire's Avatar
    Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cricket_Fire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by weener
    I go for 5x5 at 80-85, it the best thing I've ever done. I've put 55lbs on my bench in 2 months!
    You GOTTA lvoe the 5x5

thanx for the replies guys. one of the reasons I got intressed of 3x3 was that I have hurt my right arm, It hurts when I go over 300 in the bench. whit 3x3 I would only need to bench with around 220 for the first four weeks and hopefully still increase my bench.
    (RAW of course)
    goal:

Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Danimal
    Then, once you have done that for a couple years and think you need to address specific weaknesses, you could try WSB.
    Yes, but why wait to use (possibly) the best system there is? A beginner can do periodized dfht system, which can evolve into westside later on, imo...
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=381194&page=1[/url]

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Stormbringer
    Yes, but why wait to use (possibly) the best system there is? A beginner can do periodized dfht system, which can evolve into westside later on, imo...
    I say that because WSB is not designed to build a foundation that doing the full range lifts over an extended period of time will give you. Unless you have a coach who knows what they are doing, it is difficult for the average lifter, let alone the beginner, to decide what lifts to use to work on a specific weakness. What may be the best system for you isn't the best for me, and what both of us use may not be the best system for the next guy. The one common denominator is that until you have built a foundation of the core lifts, specializing in a system like WSB is a waste of time. When a guy benches 150lbs or squats 300lbs, he doesn't need to work on specific areas of the lift. He needs to spend more time under the bar learning how to do the lifts themselves.

Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Based on Banani's numbers he looks to have enough of a foundation to work the 3x3. I really don't know anyone who has made progress any better than doing any other kind of routine and know a few who's bench has actually gone down from it. I also can't see not doing any direct lat work for an entire cycle. It do think it would be a good routine for working on technique only on the 3 powerlifts but you should be concentrating on that no matter what routine you are doing.

As far as WSB being good for beginners, I beg to differ. WSB is all about fixing weaknesses. When you are a beginner, everything is a weakness. And take into consideration that most beginners want to just move weight, they are going to use the lifts they can move the most weight in, and not use the ones they are weak in. So their strong points get stronger and their true weaknesses never get addressed. When it's time to test the full lift, you haven't made any progress.

You should be building a solid foundation on the main lifts- bench, squats, deadlifts, rows/chinups. Then, once you have done that for a couple years and think you need to address specific weaknesses, you could try WSB.

great. good job for giving bad advice.

3x3 was developed ONLY for the advanced. many not realy this until injured or over train.

for a couple of years???mor bad advice.

next time, reasearch more please.

also i have a journal in powerlifting workouts of 3x3. LOOK AT THE VOLUME OF WORK.

Westside is one of the best methods to train....for a beginner...

3x3 IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do the math:58%

squat-5x5-120kg
    bench-6x6-100kg
    deadlift-5x5-90kg

now, add in 3 times a week MWF and amount of sets and weight.

it gets harder in weeks5-9(80%-100)

AND MANY CAN NOT HANDLE IT.

TRY WESTSIDE TO FIND STRENGTH/WEAKNESS.

most people(like me) do 3x3 WHEN THEY ALREADY KNOW THERE WEAKNESS AND STRENGTH.

Bavarian Iron

tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never flamed anyone in any forum, but I just have to say that Pridg01 is the most arrogant, patronising fcuk I have ever encountered. For God's sake, is it not possible to disagree with someone without resorting to a "oh you're so unbelievably stupid, why don't you just listen to me because I know everything" tone? I mean, just listen to this ****:

"great. good job for giving bad advice.

3x3 was developed ONLY for the advanced. many not realy this until injured or over train.

for a couple of years???mor bad advice.

next time, reasearch more please."

I should also say that I agree very much with the advice which this pathetic trash was in response to: 3x3 is a very good routine for those beginning in powerlifting, for those reasons mentioned above: it affords a good volume of work on the competition lifts at a relatively low intensity at first, giving ample opportunity to practise good form. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who'd done no lifting before, but for a lifter with a good training basis of compound movements three times a week or so it is excellent. I have encountered plenty of people on other boards who have used 3x3 as their introduction into powerlifting and found it very effective.

Westside, on the other hand, though clearly a very effective training method in the right hands, depends for its efficacy on identifying weak points on which to focus on both max effort and assistance exercises. As Danimal quite correctly pointed out, beginners don't have weaknesses to speak of. Or if they do, they are very unlikely to be able to identify them without the help of a coach. So Westside is not a good option for a beginner.

Pridg01, of course, will in response to this, make some witheringly patronising retort based on the premise that he knows everything and everyone who disagrees with him has "not done their research" or something equally contemptible. But- and it is important to say this- Pridg01 is a complete prick who simply has no patience for anyone who refuses to accept that his opinion is in all cases correct.

Arrow

one more thing:

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GOOD FORM, YOU CAN GET INJURED IN 3X3 . THERE ARE MANY SETS AND DISCIPLINES.

here is a link to a Westside cycle(normal):

http://www.elitefitnesssystems.com/d...ng-program.htm

good night.
    Last edited by Pridg01; 03-10-2005 at 04:04 PM.

Bavarian Iron

My only response to Pridge is that at no time did I endorse 3x3. I don't like that system because of the volume. I only stated that our original poster's numbers were advanced enough if he wanted to attempt it. I still stand by a routine of cycling weights on the main lifts, getting proper core work and back work, and choosing efficient assistance lifts. You don't have to be a beginner to make gains doing that. Even some of the most advanced lifters are doing pretty traditional routines.

Thumbs up back to bed

My only response to Pridge is that at no time did I endorse 3x3. I don't like that system because of the volume. I only stated that our original poster's numbers were advanced enough if he wanted to attempt it. I still stand by a routine of cycling weights on the main lifts, getting proper core work and back work, and choosing efficient assistance lifts. You don't have to be a beginner to make gains doing that. Even some of the most advanced lifters are doing pretty traditional routines.
    very well. ^^^good post.

offtopic-i remember when i was arguing with members tell them 3x3 is the BEST METHOD ever and it is better than Westside or any other method long ago...that was before i had my ego and not much research...

one thing i would like to add relating to Verhonsky(spelling) and Simmons:

6-8 Week cycles will not do justice forever, also for powerlifting meets. the body cannot perform continusly like that forever. year-month cycles are a better basis.
    Last edited by Pridg01; 03-10-2005 at 08:17 PM.

Bavarian Iron

Arrow

Originally Posted by mightybanani
    I have had some pain feelings in my right elbow/shoulder so I thought it could be a good thing to train with smaller weights for a while.

this will be agrivated by 3x3 training. not the best idea. get a doctor to check you out.

Bavarian Iron