Andrew8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Avoid muscle failure?

I was read an article in the EAS sport supplement guide by that Russian guy (Pavel something) that reccommended avoiding failure in weight training. He insinuated that training to failure caused overtraining. Recently I've been training to absolute failure on each of my sets, excluding a warmup set, and haven't been getting any results. Should I back off on the failure?
    andrew

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Overtrainning generally, isn't a result of going to failure or training too intensely. It's usually due to proper nutrition and not enough sleep. You don't need to go to failure for every single set but I think it definately helps to go to failure on the last set of every excercise.

Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ze_ev is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like you, I've always went to failure at the end of every set except for warmup, no matter what system I used (I've went though quite a few different splits and workout programs), and I've been getting pretty good results, so yes bump on Logo, I don't think it's that. Like he said, probably something that has to do with improper nutrition, lack of rest, or maybe the sheer volume of exercise (I, for one, train as intense as intensity gets, but never stay in the gym for more than 1 hour at a time).
    Peace,
    Ze'ev

Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pavel Tsatsouline trains for functional strength. His routines are NOT for bodybuilders. IF you want strength; do what he says.... if you want pretty muscles than going to failure is recommended most of the time.

Could I have a link btw? Trying to get my hands on as much of his stuff as possible. Thx.

-Zulu
    ~Insert witty quote~

chrisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah ur best bet is going failure on the last set\

btp