tbgibbs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Where is a good place to buy a Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine on the internet

I have a price quote of $755.00 on a body solid Leg Press / Hack Squat Machine #WLPH-1000. I'm going to use this machine at home. I just want a quality Leg Press / Hack Squat Machine that doesn't cost an arm and a leg . Does anyone know have a site or a contact that would have a better deal? Is this machine a good deal?

URL to the product:
    http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Fitnes...tion&linkid=14

Thanks,
    Tim

SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have several pieces of bodysolid equipment and they are made well. That is not the best leg press out their but unless you want to spend at least $1000 that is the best deal. I believe the shipping is free also. Hoist has a little better one but it sells for about $1,000 to $1,000. Stay away from York and Yukon.

SLY,
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'm also going to look for a used leg press.
    Thanks
    Tbgibbs

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    New York Barbell also has a nice 4 way hip sled (hack to leg press) for $995 shipped. Holds about 1500 lbs and seems to be real sturdy.
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/hipsleds.html
    If you want a true leg press, check out the original style at $349
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92065.html
    remember tha a 45° incline gives you an adjusted weight of approximately 70% of the loaded weight, where a vertical gives you true weight
    I prefer the 45° but get a better workout from a vertical
    Last edited by ctgblue; 07-11-2002 at 06:29 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue,
    I have not tried a "true leg press" what are the pros and cons of a vertical leg press verses a 45 degree angled leg press?
    Thanks
    Tbgibbs

IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Check out places like 'Play it again sports'.. e.t.c...

SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SLY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by tbgibbs
    ctgblue,
    I have not tried a "true leg press" what are the pros and cons of a vertical leg press verses a 45 degree angled leg press?
    Thanks
    Tbgibbs
    I have one by Bodysolid, I like it but you can't put more than 400lbs on it. They are cheaper and take up less space . I use mine mainly for a pump after squats and for calf extensions.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by tbgibbs
    ctgblue,
    Thanks
    Tbgibbs
    Basically, space and cost.
    The angled back board is usually somewhat adjustable so you aren't cramped up. The heavy duty ones will handle good weight.
    Remember, If you are using 700 lbs on the 45°, then you only need 490 on the vertical so you don't need as many plates. A lot of people can actually handle less than the percentage difference and it seems harder from the limited times I've used one.
    It takes 7-8 sets of HEAVY on the 45° for me to toast my quads, but usually only took me 3-5 sets on a vertical, but it was a while back.
    Think about guys like Zane, Platz, Schwarzenegger, aside from squats, the vertical press was their main leg blaster.
    Just worth consideration, especially for the money, space difference.
    I bought a smith and do wide and narrow squats.
    I would probably recommend a power cage and olympic set over a leg press for home, but if you want one, it pays to look at all the options
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads