samuel22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question CARDIO: bad for muscle

I heard somewhere that cardio could make you lose muscle. I'm doing some skipping, so I would like to know if it true. Also is it bad i my legs are sore after a legs workout and the next day I skip. thanks everyone for the help.

un debutant
    M

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by samuel22
    I heard somewhere that cardio could make you lose muscle. I'm doing some skipping, so I would like to know if it true. Also is it bad i my legs are sore after a legs workout and the next day I skip. thanks everyone for the help.

un debutant
    M

you have to train while your cutting. Do you cardio watch your diet, yes you will get smaller but you have to be willing to scarfice that
    Chicks dig big calves

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Skipping, huh? How cute. Anyway, cardio is not bad while bulking. I think it is imperative regardless of what kind of program you are using. Don't overdo after a leg day, for example. If you are worried about calories, simply eat more.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah it's not bad. you just have to get your diet right to not lose muscle. and if you're sore just walk. you'll burn the same amount of calories walking a mile as you will running one. it'll just take longer.

jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you won't lose muscle unless you have low BF of if you don't have proper nutrition and you are an endurance athelte. Your body only turns to your muscle as a last resort. Once agian like everyone esle has stated proper nutrition is the key. Cardio can be very benefitial not to mention healthy for you.
    "To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance."
    -Buddha

Jampie77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

I think the most important thing is diet. I do Cardio 3 times a week and my mucles are growing. At first I was not making very good gains but once I changed my diet that all changed. From personal experiance i think Diet is the most important. Also recovery. I like to play sporst so cutting out Cardio was not a option. my advised don't cut out the Cardio instead consitrate on your diet this is the key. does not mean i am right i am just speaking form personal experiance.

mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about when to do the cardio? For instance, today after my chest workout, I ran for 30 mins, went home, and had my post workout shake/food. Is this ok to do?

Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your heart is your most important muscle.

Sounds good. The way I do it is I have day I lift harder that others. curently my split is 1- Chest/Back 2-Shoulder/Waist 3-Legs and 4-Bicepts/tricepts. On day 2 and 4 since I do smaller Muscle groups i do my cardio. I also do some kind of team sport with with is my 3 day of cardio (I do not lift on this day).

Originally Posted by Boridi
    Your heart is your most important muscle.
    Could not agree more

MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mike79
    What about when to do the cardio? For instance, today after my chest workout, I ran for 30 mins, went home, and had my post workout shake/food. Is this ok to do?
    i dunno. i would suggest doing them seperate. get up in the morning and do your cardio. then do your workout in the afternoon or something to that effect. your body is in a pretty big catabolic state after a serious lifting session and you're gonna need to eat something right away. i don't know if you can afford 30 minutes of cardio AFTER lifting if you're looking to grow.

mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MT!
    i dunno. i would suggest doing them seperate. get up in the morning and do your cardio. then do your workout in the afternoon or something to that effect. your body is in a pretty big catabolic state after a serious lifting session and you're gonna need to eat something right away. i don't know if you can afford 30 minutes of cardio AFTER lifting if you're looking to grow.
    See thats what im afraid of...am I going to burn more fat that way? Or just hurt my muscles from their ability to grow, by not eating when I could be, 30 minutes sooner?

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See thats what im afraid of...am I going to burn more fat that way? Or just hurt my muscles from their ability to grow, by not eating when I could be, 30 minutes sooner?
    Personally, I have my Post-WO shake in a shaker bottle, and after my last set, I mix it up and drink it while I am stretching. You are potentially losing out on some gains by doing more exercise (cardio) then having your shake. What are your goals? Are you trying to gain muscle, cut, etc.?
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Whether or not you should eat something before doing cardio is something everyone has a different oppinion on. Some people say don't because it'll burn more fat by not having anything in your stomache to use instead. Other say take in some protein, but stay away from carbs before so you have a smaller risk of burning muscle. I think there's actually a thread on this stickied somewhere. I'll check later. However something that is probably agreed uppon by most everybody is always eat AS SOON AS YOU CAN after a heavy workout.

The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My personal trainer told me to only do cardio for a half hour on my days off from working out. That works for me.

Originally Posted by dookie1481
    Personally, I have my Post-WO shake in a shaker bottle, and after my last set, I mix it up and drink it while I am stretching. You are potentially losing out on some gains by doing more exercise (cardio) then having your shake. What are your goals? Are you trying to gain muscle, cut, etc.?
    Cutting, but I do not want to lose any muscle, while doing so (if I can gain any while in the process, hell i'm all for it)
    I think I may stick to the cardio on my smaller muscle days (tri's, bi's) and my off days then. I do not want to lose any muscle!!!

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you have to compensate for the loss of calories by eating more. that simple. (unless you're trying ot lose them)
    <->

samuel22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

merci beaucoup

thanks everyone for the infos..so i guess i,ll just continue doing it on my days off and make sure a eat well...have a nice day bye

Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100) Jujitsu is not very well liked. (-100)
    Light cardio should help you with leg soreness. Just don't over do it.

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes

there are two types of metabolism anabolis and catabolism

anabolism is converting food into living tissue where catabolism converts living tissue into food

when you do cardio and deplete your body of energy it turns to catabolism both fat and muscle an enzyme called BC Oxacid Dehydrogenase is realeased braking down BCAA'S (branched chain amino acids) for fuel this obviously breaks down muscle

Originally Posted by Aftershock
    yes

there are two types of metabolism anabolis and catabolism

anabolism is converting food into living tissue where catabolism converts living tissue into food

when you do cardio and deplete your body of energy it turns to catabolism both fat and muscle an enzyme called BC Oxacid Dehydrogenase is realeased braking down BCAA'S (branched chain amino acids) for fuel this obviously breaks down muscle
    Is there any way to block that enzyme so that you can burn the fat and keep the muscle, if you do the cardio after working out?

Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swizzle Dizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dookie1481
    Skipping, huh? How cute. .
    LMAO
    "You better push,cuz im not lifting it off of you." By: my brother-every single time i lift.

"i know youve got it down... fap fap. or choo choo

the choice?

yours."--WakingMalice