AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking AceRx's Weight Loss Thread!!

Hey you guys-

I'm back!! I am starting tomorrow Monday 3/7 for my pre-wedding weight loss. I have right at 11 weeks before the big day and I need to lose some weight and get in better shape. I will weigh in and post my stats sometime in the morning tomorrow to get a good starting point. I am basically going to go back to limiting my calories and selecting better food choices. I am going to do cardio 6x a week for 45 min at each session until the week of the wedding. I am hoping I can lose at least 20-25lbs over the next 11 weeks. The only supplements I plan on using are the multi-vitamin, fish oil caps, and my prescription blood pressure medicine (which I hope to be able to get rid of once I lose the weight). I will check in every day and feel free to post your own advice/stories!!

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    O_o

What do you mean starting? Havent you been doing this all along?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

Yeah I have done alright off and on....Not as great as I had planned but I am jumping back on the bandwagon again today!

OK, I weighed in today with clothes and without shoes and I'm at 200 exactly.

I need to lose 30 in 11 weeks!!

Registered User Pump that iron!'s Avatar
    Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll be with ya along the way man.
    I rep back for those with 1k+ rep power.

Thanks bro!!!

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome back. 30 lbs in 11 weeks? That is pushing it a bit. Why don't you try for 20 lb fat loss and save some muscle in the process. If you go for 30 lbs and that extra 10 lbs loss is muscle, you will look like a smaller version of what you look like now.

No offense intended. I am just giving it to you as I see it.

Good to see you again.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my 8 week plan for 8% bf http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

Thanks man!!

How many calories would you suggest I eat daily to try and meet my goals of 11 weeks? I appreciate your advice....

dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AceRx
    Thanks man!!

How many calories would you suggest I eat daily to try and meet my goals of 11 weeks? I appreciate your advice....

10-12 x bw don't go under.........30 pounds in 11 weeks is going to tough (just under 3 pounds a week, you wont be able to save much muscle doing that). you will have to be very strict with yourself. Your still going to lift right?

BTW I looked fat in about 90% of my wedding pictures(I was about 210 with little muscle mass, 6' tall) it really pissed me off. It is one of the main reason I'm doing my transformation.(2+ months in, I've shead about 10 pounds of fat and gain about 7 pounds of LBM, according to my last BF% test)

also I just took a look at your fitday info ( http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...&Month=2&Day=7 )...................eating those kind of foods is not going to cut it. Also keep in mind that fitday really over estimates the calories burned during a typical day/exercise.

I hope you acheive your goals by your wedding date. To bad you only gave yourself 2 months to do it.
    Last edited by dyhp; 03-07-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks man!!

You have to find your maintenance number for calories. You can try 10-12 x bodyweight or try the calculators. Mine turned out to be 12 x body after screwing around for weeks of trial and error starting with a calculator that over-estimated my needs by 500 calories. You should know by now how many calories are required for your maintenance. If not, it may take you a few weeks to figure it out.

What you need to do is determine your maintenance level and consume that minus 1000 calories. That should give you 2 lbs weight loss per week. Then workout with weights 4-5 times per week balls to the wall. You may not lose 30 lbs but at least you will look good.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my 8 week plan for 8% bf http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

Lightbulb

Actually those inputs on my FitDay account for today weren't accurate. I was showing a friend of mine in class how to use the site and just punching in foods to show him on there. That is not actually what I ate today. I am not going to use the Fitday account this time. I have a journal where I write it all down and it's easier for me to keep track of it all.

Question

What do you guys think about me adding a thermogenic like ThermoDynamX to my diet/workout routine for the short term use?

This is the link to ThermoDynamX so you can see what it contains:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eas/thermo.html

I had bought a bottle of it a while back and didn't use very many capsules. I was worried it might adversely effect my high blood pressure.

Actually those inputs on my FitDay account for today weren't accurate. I was showing a friend of mine in class how to use the site and just punching in foods to show him on there. That is not actually what I ate today. I am not going to use the Fitday account this time. I have a journal where I write it all down and it's easier for me to keep track of it all.
    I use the downloaded PC version of Fitday. I find there are lots of choices for chicken breast (for example), some of them are accuate and others are not. I make it work for the consumption side. As to the calories burned forget Fitday. Trial and error worked for me.

As long as you record everything you should be fine.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004

July 2007

Question

OK here is the new deal for me, I am getting desperate!

Starting tomorrow, Sat 3/20 (8 weeks from my wedding), I am going to hit a low-calorie diet and increase physical activity.

I am going to shoot for an average of 1500 calories/day from "clean" foods and no carb intake after 6pm daily. I am going to do 30-45 min of cardio exercise daily on the elliptical running machine.

As for supplements, I am going to take 2 1200mg fish oil caps daily (one in the morning and one with dinner), take 2 ThermoDynamX fat burning supplement caps daily (one before lunch and one 1 hour before cardio exercise), multivitamin, blood pressure medicine at night, and drink 8-10 glasses of cold water daily to prevent dehydration and speed fat loss.

What do you guys think? How much weight do you think I can shed before my wedding in May (about 8 weeks from now)? Thanks for your input or suggestions!!

PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiSigmaChi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Ace, I think your plan is sound, that's kind of what I'm doing. I'm looking to drop about 25 lbs in the next 12 weeks so right now I'm eating around 1500 calories and cutting carbs during the week. On the weekends I'm still eating clean, but I'm eating about 3000 calories and carbing up. I think low calorie works well until you get to a lower bf. I think you'll do fine on it, and I honestly haven't seen much muscle loss (visibly and strength-wise that is). I've been losing about 2-4 lbs every week.

Good luck man, I know you're motivated with your wedding! I'm sure you'll get there.
    ---Under Construction---
    March 18, 2005: 249
    April 1, 2005: 246.5
    April 8, 2005: 245
    April 15, 2005: 242
    April 22, 2005: 238

LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LucianoTKO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Progress

Hey Ace -

Been a while. I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to check in and see if you're making progress. It's May...have you reached your goal yet? What diet/exercise program are you on?

Thanks and take care,
    Mike

Hey man!!

Thanks for the concern. I have been WAY too busy with school, planning a wedding, and working and have sort of fell off track with the whole losing weight thing. I am gonna jump back on board starting today. I feel like crap most of the time and I need to make a change for the better. Thanks for all of you guys support. I put my FitDay back up if anybody wants to keep track of that as well. I'll keep posting back here......

Man, I am about to explode from the oatmeal this morning. I am going to try and eat a bowl every morning.....any suggestions for things to add to it to make it taste good??

Registered User Pump that iron!'s Avatar
    Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man, I am about to explode from the oatmeal this morning. I am going to try and eat a bowl every morning.....any suggestions for things to add to it to make it taste good??
    Lmao. I know how you feel. I like to cut slices of banana and mix it in. I think any kind of berry would work too, mmm blueberries.
    I rep back for those with 1k+ rep power.

Alright, well I am gonna try this again!! I got married and am about finished up with school now so things should go a little less hectic....

This is the new plan as far as diet/exercise routine:

Calories per day (I used a bodybuilding.com calculator and it gave me approximately 2200 cal/day as my BMR - so I will eating between 1700-1800 per day to start with)

I am going to do 30-35 min of cardio every morning at 6am when I wake up before going off to work. I will also do a 30-40 min weight workout every other day in the afternoons as my weight routine.

I take a multi-vitamin, one 600mg calcium + Vitamin D tablet daily, and 2 fish oil capsules (1200mg fish oil each). I am going to shoot for 6-8 glasses of water per day.

My starting weight is 202. My goal weight is 170 for now. I want to see how I can do and work from there......I will post some pics when I figure out how to use my camera.....

Wish me luck!!

I do have one question about the FISH OIL......

Do you think it's better to take the 2 capsules at one time daily or take 1 capsule two times daily? I was just wondering what you guys thought....

Wannabe reformed fatty... Houser's Avatar
    Houser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick note:

You sure that 2200 is the right cals for your weight?

Did you make sure to factor in your activity level THEN subtract 500 cals from that?
    6' 2"

01/01/05 --> 255
    04/25/05 --> 225
    05/25/05 --> 221
    06/25/05 --> 218
    07/25/05 --> 216

Goal weight 210 (pre college)

I do have one question about the FISH OIL......

Do you think it's better to take the 2 capsules at one time daily or take 1 capsule two times daily? I was just wondering what you guys thought....
    I take 3 capsules 3 times per day after meals. (After meals helps with fish oil burps.) I don't think it matters if you take 2 at a time or 1 twice per day. More would be better.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my plan for 8% bf http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004

July 2007