dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy push ups and bench press

i used to do about 30 push ups every day which was as much as i could do. then i switched to knuckle push ups 30 reps too. then i would do 10 close hand push ups then another 10 with a wider stance then 10 again with a wider stance and 10 again with the widest stance then go back wards with a total of like 80 push ups. when i flex my chest it's pretty hard and it has some form. ive stopped doing push ups for a while and im doing butterflyes at the gym for about 70 lbs for like5 reps and im am bench pressing which leads to the issue. i can only bench 95 lbs with like 7 reps and and i dont know how much i can max. my triceps arent weak because i can do extensions with a 30 lb dumbbell and max with 35 lbs with two hands. so i can do 15 on each hand basically. i think the problem is that either my shoulders are too weak but i can do dumbbell military press with 25's or that i do the bench press too late in my exercise routine OR that maybe the stabilizer muscles in my delts are weak. I'm confused and I am sick of benching pathetic weight like that and i was wondering what i could do to help my situation. Thanks in advance.

SugarJay3521 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SugarJay3521 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Try this man. Your chest workout could start with a bench chart. Let's just say your max is 140 lbs. Your bench chart would go something like this:
    80 lbs for 8 reps
    90 lbs for 6 reps
    100 lbs for 4 reps
    110 lbs for 3 reps
    120 lbs for 2 reps
    130 lbs for 1 rep
    90 lbs for 5 reps
    This will add size and strength to your chest. This is the method I have used since I've been lifting, and I am currently benching 285. So first of all, find out what your max is, then feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you what your chart will be. Good Luck!

dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dedicationman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

alright. thanks man. I'm pretty sure my max is 105 but ill try to max out tomorrow and ill send you an e-mail.

jamesmac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sugar:

Would you then increase to 90 lbs. and 8 reps, 100 lbs. for 6 reps, etc., etc.? I am new here and I am looking for some pointers on how to improve my chest workout. I really like this routine. Thanks.

SugarJay3521 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SugarJay3521 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeh that's exactly what you would do. When you first increase, you may not be able to finish the chart, but don't worry, once you get it, your max will obviosly go up so stay on that chart until you can get it.

ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what we do mostly with the football team is stuff like:

1 Set with 65% of max-6 reps
    3 Sets with 75-80%-5 reps
    1 Set with 60%-Burnout (as many as u can do)

my chest and arms go crazy after this workout, we aslo do other stuff like drop sets...all kinds of good stuff...

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it sounds to me like your entire routine is all over the map and probably isn't very good.
    <->

TONEY = HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP JamesToney's Avatar
    JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesToney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your shoulders are weak if your only military pressing 25's. Get a good shoulder routine going, rest, and your bench press should improve.

Dumbbell raises.
    Arnold presses.
    Military press.
    are all your friends ;-) Good luck.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    arnold presses suck, unless you like r/c injuries.
    <->

Thumbs up

thanks for the advice. I'll try to focus more on my shoulders.

Smile

nevermind i can military press with 30's and probably do like 2 reps with 35's so i don't know wat the problem is. cause i definitely dont have a weak chest.

Originally Posted by dedicationman
    nevermind i can military press with 30's and probably do like 2 reps with 35's so i don't know wat the problem is. cause i definitely dont have a weak chest.
    if you can only do 2reps with 35s you obviously arn't ready for that weight. keep with 30 or even 25.
    <->

Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kajedanimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sometimes having a spotter will help. You can then perform forced reps. These will help you grow and move on to a higher weight. Make sure you are throughly warmed up. Your shoulders are probably hindering you. They take a while to grow. Your young though, the best thing to do is be consistent. You have plenty of time to grow. If you plateau, change your workout. The bench is not the only exercise for the chest. Try doing flat DBs for a while and then come back to it.
    Kaje

"Bitten by the Iron Bug"

dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Push ups are actually better then bench press(I know it's hard to believe). A recent study has shown that push-ups activates your pecs,triceps and even your shoulders more then a bench press. That's why a guy that can do a lot of push ups can bench more thn a guy who just benchs and can't to push-ups. I have been doing push ups for years now, without doing any bench and the first time I did a bench press(a week ago) I ws benching 265 with ease. I only weigh 165 and benched 265x10(it's amazing I know). This fact and the study prove that, the old saying bench is better than push ups is false and an old wives tale, good luck and take what I said into account if you really want to get big and ripped.