lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilvibez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking cheap and fast way to gain weight?!

hey i just found out a way to gain weight easily! and its reaaal cheap.. recently i was at the supermarket today and i found a pack of chicken back and ribs for only $3.00..(u get 9 ribs intotal) its all seasoned and stuff, so u just pop it into the oven.. i was reading the label and it said 18% protein in each piece, and each piece has 250 calories... i just had 4 right now so i just took around 1000 calories.... is this a possible way?

i mean school is coming up and this will save ton of time?
    Last edited by lilvibez; 08-21-2007 at 10:57 PM.
    -Mentally if you want it bad enough, you can go beyond what your body is capable of.

Any muther ****er can join a gang and cause ****.. it takes a real man to work hard and enjoy a wonderful life-deadlift_405

thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thenoseman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    18% hmmmmm i like the food i eat to have a lot more protein then that. i throw in a lot of stuff that has like 90% or more of the calories from protein. hell all bran is 24-25% protein... eat that. thats much better

and where do you expect the other calories to come from? theres like no carbs in meat..... the rest has to be fat. thats nasty.
    XD
    best smiley ever...

apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lilvibez View Post
    hey i just found out a way to gain weight easily! and its reaaal cheap.. recently i was at the supermarket today and i found a pack of chicken back and ribs for only $3.00..(u get 9 ribs intotal) its all seasoned and stuff, so u just pop it into the oven.. i was reading the label and it said 18% protein in each piece, and each piece has 250 calories... i just had 4 right now so i just took around 1000 calories.... is this a possible way?

You should forget ribs when you can just walk to a McDonalds and get a double cheeseburger for $1. In every burger there's just a little over 500 calories including 25 grams of protein. That means almost 20% of the calories are coming from protein and for a single dollar? That's 2-3 times cheaper than a packet of pure protein that you can purchase from any sports nutrition store which usually contains 24g's or less.

I recommend 4-5 of them a day to ensure sufficient caloric intake and just add-in a protein supplement to ensure sufficient protein intake.

If you follow my instructions there's no way you wont be huge in a few months.

Good luck tyke.

GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by apt View Post
    You should forget ribs when you can just walk to a McDonalds and get a double cheeseburger for $1. In every burger there's just a little over 500 calories including 25 grams of protein. That means almost 20% of the calories are coming from protein and for a single dollar? That's 2-3 times cheaper than a packet of pure protein that you can purchase from any sports nutrition store which usually contains 24g's or less.

I recommend 4-5 of them a day to ensure sufficient caloric intake and just add-in a protein supplement to ensure sufficient protein intake.

If you follow my instructions there's no way you wont be huge in a few months.

Good luck tyke.
    Worst advice ever. You are focusing too much on macros and forgetting the rest.

Is gaining weight worth sacrificing your health? Not to mention most of this weight will be fat, anyway, which you will likely want to get rid of later. Fast food will make this so much harder.

First off, you'll have to worry about trans-fats from McDonald's (don't listen to what they claim) - only 5g of trans-fat per day increases your heart disease risk by 25%. It ****s up electrical currents. It is not difficult at all to get much more than 5g/day when eating fast foods, depending on which restaurant and location (they vary significantly).

Besides that, it has a significant amount of saturated fat, which would be difficult to balance with other fat sources, especially if you are eating 4-5 per day.

Third, it is devoid of micronutrients. Multivitamins won't cut it.

Also, the simple fact that this food is highly processed - it is cooked and frozen to kill off bacteria - this cooking changes the nutrients, generally for the worse. Especially in meat. Cooking something, then letting it sit, it will essentially deteriorate from lipid peroxidation. Mutagens from high temperatures may be of concern (haven't looked at fast food cooking temps yet). Bacteria is generally good for you, no im not even talking about probiotics, but actual pathogens that challenge immunity. This is becoming more and more clear - stuff like antibacterial soaps and sprays that wipe out bacteria and viruses are harmful to overall health.

More controversially, you could do without the bun, IMO. Grains are unnecessary and focus should be on fruits and vegetables as carbs. We did not consume grains until about 10,000 years ago in our evolution and paleolithic research suggests it was very harmful to human health back then in the transition. A small amount of grains may be fine but the buns from fast foods are cheap and lack a significant amount of micros, anyway. Also, fruits/veg are important for maintaining things like ROS and cytokine balance for optimal anabolism. If ROS is too high (or low), your body will focus on other processes. Cytokines such as IL-6 are specifically studied thus far and if are too high, limit anabolism.

To expand on that a bit, fruits/veg contain hundreds of constituents each which regulates gene expression in a slightly different way. Could probably make some connections to myostatin, for example, but I haven't covered enough yet. Hell, here is one way - eating McDonald's would screw up your hormone levels negatively, especially if you don't balance the fats, test obviously enhances anabolism directly and indirectly through myostatin inhibition. Without a balance of nutrients similar to our ancestors, gene expression changes cascade throughout the body and result in a suboptimal environment for building muscle, for anything. This is why you see so many health problems in westernized countries. If you spend enough time reading about the body you see that everything is connected in multiple ways.

Fruits/veg high in fiber are important. This is an underrated problem with modern diets. Burgers don't have much. If you are eating half of your daily calories from burgers, you won't be able to stuff enough fiber from other sources in. I am not convinced fiber supplementation can make up for this.

The key to gaining weight is BALANCE, LONG TERM. Short term gouging is dumb. Highly simplified reasoning here, but the point should be taken. If you have a high metabolism now and stuff it with fast foods, you will significantly change your future metabolism negatively. The body adapts in so many ways and does have memory in many of these adaptations, so everything you eat has effect on what happens next. Additionally, there is SO much that is unknown or not understood yet.

I don't know why anyone would want to play lab rat by eating fast food when there is a plethora of evidence of previous lab rats dying from it.
    Last edited by fitnecise; 08-26-2007 at 01:36 AM.

WowWowWowWow ab-swing asianbabe's Avatar
    ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lilvibez View Post

What else is on the label?? Using 18% protein for a protein source is not great. I don't know what is in the "seasoning" but there must be a lot of fat/carbs/sugar to fill in those macros...Tuna is cheap too if cost is an issue.

To answer your questions, you'll probably gain weight, if that is your only goal, but how much of that weight will be fat.. well you'd be trying your luck, I personally wouldn't, especially considering you seem to be planning on taking regular/multiple servings.

And listen to fitnecise, he has a point.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    Worst advice ever. You are focusing too much on macros and forgetting the rest.

Is gaining weight worth sacrificing your health? Not to mention most of this weight will be fat, anyway, which you will likely want to get rid of later. Fast food will make this so much harder.

First off, you'll have to worry about trans-fats from McDonald's (don't listen to what they claim) - only 5g of trans-fat per day increases your heart disease risk by 25%. It ****s up electrical currents. It is not difficult at all to get much more than 5g/day when eating fast foods, depending on which restaurant and location (they vary significantly).

Besides that, it has a significant amount of saturated fat, which would be difficult to balance with other fat sources, especially if you are eating 4-5 per day.

Third, it is devoid of micronutrients. Multivitamins won't cut it.

Also, the simple fact that this food is highly processed - it is cooked and frozen to kill off bacteria - this cooking changes the nutrients, generally for the worse. Especially in meat. Cooking something, then letting it sit, it will essentially deteriorate from lipid peroxidation. Mutagens from high temperatures may be of concern (haven't looked at fast food cooking temps yet). Bacteria is generally good for you, no im not even talking about probiotics, but actual pathogens that challenge immunity. This is becoming more and more clear - stuff like antibacterial soaps and sprays that wipe out bacteria and viruses are harmful to overall health.

More controversially, you could do without the bun, IMO. Grains are unnecessary and focus should be on fruits and vegetables as carbs. We did not consume grains until about 10,000 years ago in our evolution and paleolithic research suggests it was very harmful to human health back then in the transition. A small amount of grains may be fine but the buns from fast foods are cheap and lack a significant amount of micros, anyway. Also, fruits/veg are important for maintaining things like ROS and cytokine balance for optimal anabolism. If ROS is too high (or low), your body will focus on other processes. Cytokines such as IL-6 are specifically studied thus far and if are too high, limit anabolism.

To expand on that a bit, fruits/veg contain hundreds of constituents each which regulates gene expression in a slightly different way. Could probably make some connections to myostatin, for example, but I haven't covered enough yet. Hell, here is one way - eating McDonald's would screw up your hormone levels negatively, especially if you don't balance the fats, test obviously enhances anabolism directly and indirectly through myostatin inhibition. Without a balance of nutrients similar to our ancestors, gene expression changes cascade throughout the body and result in a suboptimal environment for building muscle, for anything. This is why you see so many health problems in westernized countries. If you spend enough time reading about the body you see that everything is connected in multiple ways.

Fruits/veg high in fiber are important. This is an underrated problem with modern diets. Burgers don't have much. If you are eating half of your daily calories from burgers, you won't be able to stuff enough fiber from other sources in. I am not convinced fiber supplementation can make up for this.

The key to gaining weight is BALANCE, LONG TERM. Short term gouging is dumb. Highly simplified reasoning here, but the point should be taken. If you have a high metabolism now and stuff it with fast foods, you will significantly change your future metabolism negatively. The body adapts in so many ways and does have memory in many of these adaptations, so everything you eat has effect on what happens next. Additionally, there is SO much that is unknown or not understood yet.

I don't know why anyone would want to play lab rat by eating fast food when there is a plethora of evidence of previous lab rats dying from it.
    serisous reps for this guy right here

there is no real fast way to gain weight fast unless u want to really sacrafice and put on some Body Fat.. thats about ur only way.. if u want to put on lean body mass it takes a nice slow trot..

but some things i can advise that are in high in calories and easy to make.. 2 recipes come to mind

Whole Wheat Pasta.. mix with Chicken and Veggies and top with Olive oil <--- high calorie meal and totally claean

The Power Shake
    1-2 scoops whey protein
    1-2 cups milk
    1-2 tablespoons natty pb
    1 piece of favorite fruit or handful of berries
    1 cup of oatmeal

if u want to gain weight fast make sure u are eating clean foods.. those ribs u get are only 20% protein and 80% of it is nearly going to be bad fats.. actually loaded with fats.. there is literally maybe 10% carbs in meat if that.. so 70% of ur meal is going to be fats and sodium and stuff u really dont need.. really ditch those.. thats y they are so cheap

make some homeade shakes, look up recipes online.. always check my bodybuilders grocery list.. mix and match some stuff on there

aim for 6 meals a day evenly divided.. 3 of Protein + Complex Carbs + Fruit, and 3 with Protein + Fat + Veggies
    Also drink a lot of water
    get at least 6-7 hours of sleep a night

ur last meal of the day should be Protein + fat (veggies or optional) but i would reccomend somehow incorporating 3 servings of veggies a day and at least 2 pieces of fruit a day..

also dont forget ur PWO shake so its kind of like having 7 meals a day when u train

eat every 2-3 hours if possible

Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chin@man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to China and eat with me.
    THE TRUE MEASURE OF CHAMPIONS IS HOW HARD THEY WORK WHEN NO ONE IS WATCHING

$$$$$$$$$$$Chin@man$$$$$$$$$$$$