Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    branch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

7 weeks out /// FIRST competition (pics)

im 22 yrs old getting ready for my first competition (natural) for the first week of october, im 5'6 at 190 lbs trying to get down to 176. i kno i have a lot of work to do but any help would be greatly appreciated.

my workouts consist of cardio 30 - 40 min 4- 5 times a week in the morning. followed by abs and calves

then i workout at at night

day1 chest/delts/bis
    day2 back/traps/tris
    day3 legs
    day4 chest/delts/bis
    day5 back/traps/tris
    day6 legs

i think im going to switch my workout up next week for the rest or the following weeks to 4 days on one day off cause i feel drained after these workouts.

day1 chest/delts
    day2 back/traps
    day3 legs
    day4 arms
    day5 off
    day6 chest/ delts

nutrition wise
    cals 2325
    fat 44
    carb 220
    pro 243

is this ne good? maybe jack up the protein....?

meal 1
    5 egg whites/ 2 whole/ 1/2 cup oatmeal

meal 2 (precardio)
    protein shake (optimum whey/ 2 scoops)

meal 3 (post cardio)
    1/2 cup oats/ 1 can of salmon

meal 4
    shake same as above

meal 5
    chicken 4oz/ 4oz rice

meal 6 (pre workout)
    shake

meal 7
    shake / 1/2 cup oats

meal 8
    steak 12- 16oz

im ordering vasoxplode/ substance wpi/ xtend/ alcalean/ and ala

for pre and post workout

any help would be graetly appreciated thanks guys. and my avater is a pic of me last yr at 176.
    Attached Images

2 more pics
    Attached Images

Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking good. With a show in the first weekend in October...it does not leave you too much time. In other words....no room for error..and your gonna have to hit the diet pretty hard. On the positive side...you are already pretty lean. Going from 190 to 176 in that short amount of time will leave you w/ some muscle loss...but sometimes that is the case. Sip that Extend alllll day long. I would honestly do cardio 7x per week and maybe have 2 of those sessions as HIT (uphill sprint intervals). Also, I'd up the protein and decrease carbs. Keep in mind, I'm no expert and I use Layne for my contest prep...but that is just what I would think. Ideally you want to lose about 1 lb per week...but Your going to have to push a bit more than that to reach your goal. Keep us updated....Once your a bit more leaned out...your gonna look sick...you have a ton of muscle on your frame. With your first show....you will gain soooo much experience...I know I did. Best of luck....and again continue to post pics and let us know how it is going. These boards are a great source of motivation.
    "Sell yourself short on nutrition and you're selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development." -Ernie Taylor

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vincent T. Lombardi

Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just saw the second set of pics....Dude, your a tank....get lean enough and your gonna be one tough SOB to beat.
    "Sell yourself short on nutrition and you're selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development." -Ernie Taylor

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vincent T. Lombardi

gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gangsta1087 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i c u train each body part twice a week seems like its working 4 u also how amny grams of protein fat and carbs are u taking in, by the way u are looking good keep it up

i havent really ever trained 2 body parts a week but im tgrying it out and it sucks, so i think im going tgo switch it up.

yea i have been using a lot of laynes threads to help out

how does the rest of the diet look?

im tryin to do bout 6 days of cardio a week giving my legs a break on leg day/ or do you guys think i should just suck it up/ my legs blow up easily.

any other suggestions on supplements?

i kno the posing sucks in these pics i was really tired.

ill keep you guys posted with new pics every week

AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking good bro. Increase your protein intake. Watch out not to overdo it with the cardio, you don't want to lose too much muscle. Your diet will cut you up, and you can always up the intensity in your weight training sessions. Don't forget to drink your water. Practice your mandatory poses! Good luck!

wnbfprowww has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you have alot of mass, and your abs are showing, if you can do another show right after your first, even if its a couple weeks apart you will only look better. next time give yourself more time to diet maybe 16 weeks and don't try and make a certain weigh just come in very hard, and then in the future you can tell what your weigh should be. good luck bro train hard but smart.

brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brademan76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are looking good man. Good ab difinition for 7 weeks out. If you stick on diet to a T and strive for your best you'll look good. Good luck with your comp prep. I look forward to seeing what progress you make by the time your show rolls around.

supplies ordered

MHP Xpel, 80 Capsules
    SciVation VasoCharge, 347 Grams, Lemonade
    PrimaForce Substance WPI, 2 Lbs., Chocolate Malt
    PrimaForce Substance WPI, 2 Lbs., Juicy Watermelon
    SciVation Xtend, 1016.1 Grams, Grape
    PrimaForce Alcalean, 100 Capsules
    PrimaForce Pure ALA, 300mg/180 Capsules
    Ultra 40, 500 Tablets
    PrimaForce Insopro-R, 100 Capsules

any other suggestions?
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

afgymrat what did you use for your tan

dream tan?
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well developed frame, keep up the hard work!

AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AFGymRat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by branch View Post
    afgymrat what did you use for your tan

dream tan?
    About a month out I went to the tanning bed 2 to 3 times a week. Then two days before my contest I applied one coat of Pro tan. The day before my show I applied one coat of Pro tan in the morning, then another coat of Pro tan in the evening. The morning an hour before pre-judging I put on one coat of Dream tan. IMO I had a very good color. Hope this helps.
    AFPA Certified Personal Trainer

yea cause i had no idea waht worked and the timing of of the products, how is protan is it like dreamtan how it gets all over everything?
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used protan, about 4 coats, my buddy used protan then backstage applied dream tan on top of the protan, much darker color with the dream tan! It is a cream that you rub on, protan is a spray on that takes several coats.

yea cause i had no idea waht worked and the timing of of the products, how is protan is it like dreamtan how it gets all over everything?
    Yes the pro tan gets all over everything, probably worse than the dream tan. Tip: Pour the pro tan in a bowl then use the little brush that comes with it to apply. It is much quicker putting it on and makes you darker than simply spraying it on.
    AFPA Certified Personal Trainer

billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MHP Xpel, 80 Capsules
    SciVation VasoCharge, 347 Grams, Lemonade
    PrimaForce Substance WPI, 2 Lbs., Chocolate Malt
    PrimaForce Substance WPI, 2 Lbs., Juicy Watermelon
    SciVation Xtend, 1016.1 Grams, Grape
    PrimaForce Alcalean, 100 Capsules
    PrimaForce Pure ALA, 300mg/180 Capsules
    Ultra 40, 500 Tablets
    PrimaForce Insopro-R, 100 Capsules

any other suggestions?
    You might want to try Yohimbine HCL and stack it with Alcalean and VasoCharge. I use this as my version of the Stubborn Fat Stack. Others stack Dialene$ with Alcalean, and Yohimbine HCL. For me I get more energy and a better thermo reaction by using Vasocharge instead.
    He who argues for his limitations gets to keep them.

Animal Pack

do you guys know if animal pack test or the reg version will show up on a drug test cause i dont want to take it if it will.
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beniger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Animal Pak will not show up on a drug test. It's a great multi that I've taken for over 10 years. You can check with your organization to see if it's a banned product if you are still uncertain.
    The guy standing on top of the mountain did not fall there.

Nutrition Data

at 22 yrs old 5'6 186 lbs tryin to get down to 176 is this a good nutrition goal im also 6 weeks out.

cal 2325
    fat 44
    carb 220
    pro 243

i feel like this is not enough. im eatting 8 meals a day. i know the protein has to go up i got that at around 300should i go ne higher ?
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

im also between 8- 10 % bf
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would up your protein and lower your carbs,

Unhappy 6 Weeks Out New Pics

I Know The Legs Need Some Catchin Up But I Think Theyll Come In Nice When Its Time With All The Hit I Just Started.

Ne Suggestions?
    Attached Images
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

Some More
    Attached Images
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

Continued...
    Attached Images
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lookin good brotha. After seeing the first pics I said this cat is way behind and will never make it to the show in shape but after a week I can see a lot of improvements condition wise. Keep up the great work
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

Carloz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking good branch. I'm sure you're going to do some damage at competition! I'll send you a PM later.

Cheers,

A. Carlos
    Look good when the clothes come off!!!

Registered User canibalistic_js's Avatar
    canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canibalistic_js has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Broski I'm just trying to help you out when I say this but your wheels don't match the upper body. Your upper body is awsome but your wheels are not as lean as your upper body and your hams appearto be lacking. You upper body looks amazing by the way! You are really vascular and big!
    Its not the law just another opinion.

www.bbforums.com

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lookin' good and big. You are right about the legs but hopefully they'll come in with the HIT. Everyone is different on what comes first and last. For me my legs come quick but my arm separation is the last to appear. Stick to the plan, you'll tear it up.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

thanks guys i really appreciate the criticism, i know they need work, i stopped working them for a while cause they were too big, so im gettin a late start on them so im hittin the HIT real hard and will see what happens.

im also having one of my boys from mtv video tape this next 6 weeks so be prepared for a sick video of this jurney.
    "Every rep counts"

"Whatever It Takes"