JD1415 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How much does an average workout bench cost?

How much would an average workout bench cost? Also, how much would a barbell w/ sum weights cost? Just looking for an estimate or something. Thanx in advance.

Registered User mynameisgeorgel's Avatar
    mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a pretty good bench with rack for bench press, incline etc, and a leg extension machine for about 95 big ones at a local sporting goods store. Add all of the weights and it could get about $300 or more.
    19 years old

5'9

195 lbs

zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zTPSz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my bench was 120 i believe. it has a lat bar, leg extension thing, preacher curl rest, 3 incline posistion, a decline, and vertical position. and i got a 300lb barbell set from Gart Sports for 88 bucks. it was a sweet deal. dont count on finding them for that cheap.

krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got a bench (cheap one not that sturdy) from walmart for 88 bucks. Got a cheap weight set (those big black ones will with that white stuff) also from walmart for 100$ and it was 150 pounds worths of weight.

If your starting of i'd say go with this. No point in buying all the top of the line things and end up quitting couple months later. If you can stick with it for a year or so, then upgrade your equipment.

JD1415 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lol im not a begginer,maybe more like advanced begginer or something but im very determined to keep at it and so far bodybuilding has been very enjoyable, been lifting seriously for about 5 months now w/ dumbells and a pull-up bar and a make-shift bench, just havent gotten around to get a bench and a barbell w/ some more weights. =(

DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DownSouth05 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You'll probably end up spending more on the weight set/barbell than on the bench, I got a great bench at walmart(maybe not so great in quality, but looks good and i love it) for 110 bucks.....is olympic size, nice and sturdy, lat bar attachment, preacher attachment, leg toner, weight rack, adjustable bench press height, can use it for squats, bench can go vert, flat, incline, decline, and the cushion can actually slide into diff positions onthe bench......
    Jealousy will end Mankind - by Me

vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    before you go to a store, CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!! I got a bench for $195CAN, not very sturdy, but ok as a begining bench from a sports store. A friend of mine bought a bench shortly after from the classified for $100, you can never tell it was used, and the original cost $800!! Turns out the lady selling it got divorced and it was her husband's bench..he got all the weights too (although he quit a month after...)..Now I'm looking through the classifieds for free weights, you can't tell the difference whether they're new or not..

Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ominus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vadox6466
    before you go to a store, CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!! I got a bench for $195CAN, not very sturdy, but ok as a begining bench from a sports store. A friend of mine bought a bench shortly after from the classified for $100, you can never tell it was used, and the original cost $800!! Turns out the lady selling it got divorced and it was her husband's bench..he got all the weights too (although he quit a month after...)..Now I'm looking through the classifieds for free weights, you can't tell the difference whether they're new or not..
    or don't, cause that would be a bitch to ship.

try to buy something local.

BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if your looking to buy something good that you well use for awhile buy a power rack incline and decline bench with a barbell that fits inside it and 300lb of weight

power rack is awsome can do squats benchpress and chin ups with them and more of course

Tank7688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My advice is to compair the price of the weight bench and all the weights to a membership at a local fitness center. I could gurantee that they would have alott more to offer than just a bench and weights for just $100 or so more. Pluss, you would have to be very very dedicated to workout every day at home unless you had someone dedicated too to keep you on routine. This is the problem i had. I bought a weight set from my sister for $100. It was real nice, but i never used it cause i couldnt stay dedicated, so i sold it for about $150 and added it to some money i had and bought a membership to my local Sportsfirst (where everyone in my whole city goes to workout). Trust me, it's worth every extra penny. I go once a day after football workouts for 2 hours and sometimes even up to 4 hours. Not only can i work out, but i also play some pick up games of b-ball for some cardio, or just run the track they have. In the summer, if you local gym offers it, you can swim also. You may not have a nice fitness center near you, but like i said, if you do, i suggest you save your money for now and just buy a membership there.
    I got 14 months for $530 w/ unlimited guest access and 15 hours with a personal trainer, not to mention access to a b-ball court, tennis courts, swimmin pools, tracks, racket ball rooms, unlimited hours, and access to over 300 machines that were made to work every muscle in your body. Pluss its alott more fun if you can kinnda show off while your workin out besides stayin in your basement for 2 hours workin out by yourself.
    Name: Tank
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6' pushin 6'1"
    Weight: 220
    Bench Max: 340
    Squat Max: 460
    Dead Lift Max: 500

Goals for June:

Weight: 230
    Bench Max: 360
    Squat Max: 510
    Dead Lift Max: 530

Registered User WhenMuffinsAtak's Avatar
    WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhenMuffinsAtak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump on the power rack/weight bench idea. Can do anything you would with a regular bench, and more.
    The muffin man is here.

TheLingerer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by krayZ View Post
    Got a bench (cheap one not that sturdy) from walmart for 88 bucks. Got a cheap weight set (those big black ones will with that white stuff) also from walmart for 100$ and it was 150 pounds worths of weight.

If your starting of i'd say go with this. No point in buying all the top of the line things and end up quitting couple months later. If you can stick with it for a year or so, then upgrade your equipment.
    Yeah I'd say your tools don't have too be pretty what matters is the product.