thankful for good advice! fishfreakMaddin's Avatar
    fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to decide whether to keep bulking or cut...

Hi guys, I'm 17 years old, about 6 feet tall and around 165 pounds. I will add some pictures so you can see how I look like. I'm thinking about starting to cut, because my pants don't fit well anymore and my upper legs and my ass have too much fat.

So I'm thinking of cutting maybe 5-10 pounds, would this be a good idea?

After that I would start a REALLY clean bulk, so that I add muscle mass SLOWLY (my genetics are not that good anyways - need lots of time to add muscle).

My problem has always been my leg size, cause they are almost as wide as my shoulders (which are not wide naturally)....But on my shoulders there's no fat stored at all, just in my upper legs, in my ass and my belly...

Hope you understand my problem and you can give me serious advice

Pics were all taken on July 24, 2007.
    Attached Images
    The iron never lies!

Bodybuilding is not just a sport or a hobby - It's a lifestyle...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4300463

Xeroxipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xeroxipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right now I'd say bulk up a bit more...not alot just a tad more and then cut.

dustcakeboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You pretty much have the same body-type as me..albeit you're much buffer than I am.

I've got the same upper leg/ass fat storage problem though. I've just started a clean bulk.

Out of curiousity, how many cals are you on fishfreak?

fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishfreakMaddin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm eating about 3500 cals a day right now....For the cut I will probably go to 3000 and try that. If nothing happens, I will go lower. But I will cut the carbs and probably don't eat a lot of carbs after 5 pm. except for fruits or something.
    The iron never lies!

Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was in the same boat as you when i started except you ahve a bit more muscle to work with, id put on another 10ibs from a clean bulk and then cut, it will be easier to remove the fat when u have more muscle

gl

So everybody would say, keep bulking first??? I tell you guys, I'm a hardgainer....and if I add those 10 lbs. I won't fit in my pants at all anymore^^

I wish my body composition would be different, I hate guys who have no ass and wide shoulders without doing anything for it...
    The iron never lies!

Xeroxipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xeroxipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been there, I just ate what ever I could get my hands on even if it was chips and dip ya kno?

Just eat I never went on a "Bulking plan" or anything like that just go with what you feel most comfortable with and what works and well me eating non stop and working out everyday is paying off cept for the fact that I dont sleep at night....

Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely Keep Bulking

okay, I think I will keep bulking then....for some reason I don't notice any gains in my bicep/tricep size anymore...my quads are gaining a lot recently
    The iron never lies!

killyourswitch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bulk more. Bulk until you think you'll be happy once you cut, because once you're cut you will NOT want to get fat again.

Also, 3000 calories won't get you cut, you need to eat BELOW maintenance when cutting. 3000 calories would be for someone with a maintenance level of at least 3500, which is around around 230lbs.

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    definately bulk. 165lb's at 6" would be 'ok' if you were ripped to shreds, but you would have to cut to around 150-155lb's to achieve that, and you'd just be really skinny.

Your not fat/overweight AT ALL, you have a good solid base to build from. Bulk up to at least 185-190 then cut up so you can be around 165-170 shredded.
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Okay guys, I will do that....

At the moment it looks like my upper body doesn't gain size anymore, just my legs, but I will continue...my problem has always been my narrow shoulders but that's genetics I guess
    The iron never lies!