JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JDR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just started doing cleans and jerks again, wrist are killing me!

I just started incorporating power cleans and jerks off the rack into my shoulder workout after not having done either of those in a few years. I'm not an olympic lifter, I just like to do those lifts for some added power and I used to be quite good at them years ago.

The problem I'm running into is my wrist have been getting very sore since I started doing those exercises. Is this normal, and does anyone have any tips to help this?

sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
    I just started incorporating power cleans and jerks off the rack into my shoulder workout after not having done either of those in a few years. I'm not an olympic lifter, I just like to do those lifts for some added power and I used to be quite good at them years ago.

The problem I'm running into is my wrist have been getting very sore since I started doing those exercises. Is this normal, and does anyone have any tips to help this?
    Not sure if there is anything you can do about it. It used to happen to me to when I did them. (Don't anymore.) I guess you could ice them, but that would really be it.
    "Rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. " 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post

Front squat with the clean grip. it will hurt, you mite cry but eventally you will get used to it.

Good luck

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just stretch a little before you lift. You will be Ok after a little while.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

jesus thinks youre a jerk ehlpitel's Avatar
    ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll get used to it.
    How many gymrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Seven. One to screw in the bulb and six to say, "Bro, you're huge, man! Ripped!"

The Mighty Devourer matthewluke60's Avatar
    matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matthewluke60 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stretch wrists and wear wrist wraps, all you can do.

I Stayed at a Holiday Inn gdawg0987's Avatar
    gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gdawg0987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Big_fuzzy View Post
    Front squat with the clean grip. it will hurt, you mite cry but eventally you will get used to it.

Good luck
    ^^^

Also, you can just load the bar up with weight (at the height you would squat at) and get under it in clean position to stretch out your wrist and to get accustomed to the weight.

Lastly, be sure you're catching the bar with your shoulders and not with your wrists. Your elbows should be out in front of you in the finished position; not down near your sides.

rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my wrists used to hurt aswell but they've now become more flexible and the terrible pain i would have the next day is completely gone...

give it some time
    Current weight: 144LBS / 12% BF
    Goal weight: who knows / 9% BF

DL: 375 x 1 raw
    BP: 240x1
    Front squat: 180x3
    Back squat: 200x4
    Dips: BW + 70LBS x 5
    Power clean: 170x1
    Snatch: 135x1