pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Going on a cruise leaving Saturday! Need to keep off fat!

Okay, so im leaving for a 7 day cruise this saturday where i will be spending that night in Miami and leaving Sunday returning the following Sunday. I am going with one of my closest buddies and his family along with a few other families they are close with. I plan on drinking around 7 days of this vacation ahaha. I also plan on maintaining my workout and keeping my calorie intake all the same (not counting empty calories from alcohol) to try cutting. Even though i expect to gain some weight what should i do. Eat and try bulking up this week, take off working out all together I DONT KNOW! Cardio, or any suggestions to maintain weight muscle and size or will this week be easy to recover from.
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Lift Hard Get Big Be Happy

pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Lift Hard Get Big Be Happy

proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I go on cruises often and I try and eat sensibly through out the day. Then have some fun at dinner time. I usually workout twice a day one weight session and one cardio session about an hour each session. The great thing is your strength will be through the roof with the extra calories consumed, take full advantage of it!

gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gettinfit26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here is my two cents...

I went to South Beach in April and planned on the same thing. Keeping up workouts, etc.

Long story short I drank like a fish and partied like a rock star. I worked out once out of pure guilt on a major hangover. My point is this.

It is a vacation. If you have been lifting for awhile this can be a break. One tip would be try to eat as healthy as possible. I gained 12lbs on my trip. It was gone in two weeks. Water weight.

Have fun on your trip!! I am jealous.

Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by proteinpump View Post
    I go on cruises often and I try and eat sensibly through out the day. Then have some fun at dinner time. I usually workout twice a day one weight session and one cardio session about an hour each session. The great thing is your strength will be through the roof with the extra calories consumed, take full advantage of it!

every cruise i have been on has a weight room... make it a mini bulk!
    **disclaimer** the above is only opinion. it contains no capitalization, too much punctuation and (most likely) includes spelling errors.

Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread is great!! I was jsut about to ask this question .... I'm going on a cruise in a month, and I have never been on one before. It's on Royal Caribbean. I was hoping someone could tell me if I would at least have good choices for food. I'm not kidding myself i know i'll be drinking a lot and that i'll be eating a lot. But i'm hoping that I'll be able to take advantage of the gym on board. Any advice from anyone who has been on a Royal Caribbean cruise?
    Life Changing

jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jab210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just hit the gym when you can...Remember that it is your vacation and thus your time to relax.

On all of the cruises I have been on, you leave the islands in the early evening - about 5 pm to 6 pm. I have always been able to hit the gym once getting back on the boat before getting ready and heading to dinner. Lift for a little bit and do some cardio if you have a chance.

If not, you can always do some ab work and various other exercises in your cabin...or just relax and enjoy paradise.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    man its a holiday, go have fun...
    hopefully theres a gym still onboard so u can at least do some cardio and weights daily if u can drag yourself, otherwise just take the week off
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the other posters above...

For those of us who are trying to lose fat / add muscle for general health, fitness and appearance - and not as a sport trying to win a competition - then I think one of the biggest benefits of being healthy is that we can afford to cheat without hurting ourselves much (if at all).

I like what Dave Ramsey (financial consultant radio personality) says about money: if you live like no one else now (getting rid of debt, saving, not spending your extra money), then you can live like no one else later (afford nice cars, vacations without any financial worries).

It's the same with nutrition and health. The human body is pretty amazing at how efficient it is at removing waste and junk and overcoming short-term binges. You've worked hard...now go play hard! Don't count calories, don't go lift unless you want to. Just listen to your body (i.e. don't go get yourself sick by eating too much junk) and have fun.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been on a few cruises. Find the gym. On a 7 day cruise, I usually do 4-5 days in the gym. On the "at sea" days, there is a lot of time with nothing to do but lay around or play bingo with the blue hairs. Slip into the gym for an hour and you'll feel great. It will at least cancel out some of the buffet......Oh, and stay away from the buffet......
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lifthard3 View Post
    This thread is great!! I was jsut about to ask this question .... I'm going on a cruise in a month, and I have never been on one before. It's on Royal Caribbean. I was hoping someone could tell me if I would at least have good choices for food. I'm not kidding myself i know i'll be drinking a lot and that i'll be eating a lot. But i'm hoping that I'll be able to take advantage of the gym on board. Any advice from anyone who has been on a Royal Caribbean cruise?
    Been on royal caribbean many times, and the food is awesome. Definitely look forward to steak and lobster night. Cruises are definitely not for those who are cutting. Talk about temptation.
    We are what we repeatedly do; Excellence is not an act, but a habit -Aristotle.

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer 29:11

Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Haha well it's my vacation so even though i'm cutting I'm obviosuly going to enjoy my vacation.

Thanks everyone for the tips I appreciate it!! To the OP Have fun!!
    Life Changing

phillycore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillycore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillycore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillycore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillycore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillycore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been on several cruises in the past and leave for another one in 25 days!!

The equipment on the ships is actually nice and it gives you a chance to try out some things that you might not normally use during your normal workouts.

You can also do some cardio on the track which is conveintly located on most ships not too far from the adult only deck!!

My wife and I just try to use the stairs as much as possible and avoid the elevators which helps work the legs as well..... the wait for the elevators sucks anyway unless you are going down like 10 floors or some crap...
    Phillycore's Rippetoe Workout Log
    Start Date 07-24-2007
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3899633