~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Cinnamon - Fat Loss

Just passing on some info that I stumbled upon lately. You probably already know about it but just in case...

http://www.life-enhancement.com/arti...ate.asp?ID=914

Bloody amazing stuff by the looks. All that and anti bacterial and anti fingal, so will cure any ills known to man it seems.
    Last edited by ~*IronBelle*~; 03-01-2005 at 04:04 PM.

~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and this article is another that I read re abdominal fat loss consuming cinnamon:

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/cinnamon.htm

There appears to be a gap in the text here:

In addition, addressing elevated blood sugar levels and helping to combat insulin resistance may be a successful factor in helping you lose weight. The fat cells in your abdomen are particularly sensitive to high insulin levels, and are very effective at storing energy – far more so that fat cells you’d find in other areas such as the lower body (i.e. hips, rear end, thighs). Because abdominal fat cells are so close to your digestive organs, and there is an extensive network of blood vessels circulating in the abdominal area, it’s even easier for fat cells to store excess glucose there. So tactics that help to reduce
    and I presume from there that it should read:

So tactics that help to reduce blood sugar, should also technically prevent or reduce glycogen storage in the abs or reduce the ability to store glycogen in the fat cells in the abs area?

Sooo, me is gonna be the BB COM cinnamon guinea pig for a while.

Watch dis space...
    Last edited by ~*IronBelle*~; 03-01-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, I posted something like this a while back.

Cinnamon works on blood sugar and mediating insulin the same way as metformin (Gluco****e) without metformin's side effects. But keep in mind that cinnamon does not seem to work for everyone, and it really should be the standardized extract.

But if you use powdered cinnamon, you can use up to a couple of tablespoons per day. You need more powder because it's not concentrated.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ~*IronBelle*~

Sooo, me is gonna be the BB COM cinnamon guinea pig for a while.

Watch dis space...
    I'll be keepin' an eye out.
    Been sprinkling cinnamon in my whey shakes and mixing it with natural yoghurt for a while now.

Can't tell what is attributable to cinnamon and my general dieting regime.

Be sparing with it as its pretty strong.

I'm Diabetic and every little bit helps.

Good luck ..
    6'2" 220lbs
    330 x 6 Bench
    132 x 8 Weighted Dips
    900 x 8 Leg Press
    -=Transmogrification in progress=-

Originally Posted by Minotaur
    Yes, I posted something like this a while back.

Cinnamon works on blood sugar and mediating insulin the same way as metformin (Gluco****e) without metformin's side effects. But keep in mind that cinnamon does not seem to work for everyone, and it really should be the standardized extract.

But if you use powdered cinnamon, you can use up to a couple of tablespoons per day. You need more powder because it's not concentrated.
    Yeh apparently it is the water soluble stuff in the cinnamon powder and I surmise the bark bit (sediment) that sinks to the bottom is not much use anyway. I'm planning to start with three cups of green tea a day with x1 tsp of cinnamon powder added and a tsp0 of Manuka honey. I'll make it up first thing in the morning and have it hot then and then cool it down for drinking later in the day. Morning, Afternoon and Evening.
    I'll see what happens from that and then step up the amount from there if required.

Apparently in studies, the smaller doses were AS effective as the larger doses experimented with. So senseless over dosing anyway.

Talking

I have a lot of abdominal fat, and I attribute my fat gain to having had a high junk carb diet with a lack of protein for many many years, so I feel I may have had a touch of insulin resistance going on there anyway as I have reached the late 30's early 40's. So I feel that it may just assist me a little. Worth a shot anyway.

KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My training partner read those same studies and is now putting cinnamon on his oatmeal every morning. I will wait and see.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yummm, this thread made me want to make cinnamon toast.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a lot of abdominal fat, and I attribute my fat gain to having had a high junk carb diet with a lack of protein for many many years, so I feel I may have had a touch of insulin resistance going on there anyway as I have reached the late 30's early 40's. So I feel that it may just assist me a little. Worth a shot anyway.
    Same here. I have a Buddha Belly and it is completely recalcitrant. To look at me chest up and waist down (I have a muscular squatter's butt, it's not fat), you'd think I have just a few pounds to lose, not the total 20-25 that is stored mostly in my gut.

However, my endo does not think I have an insulin or blood sugar problem, (but I do: fasting glucose 101-104 on a scale of 65-99) because my Hb1AC (3 month blood sugar test) is normal. She's on top if it with everything else, so who knows?

I started cinnamon again this morning, I'm back on a more balanced 40/30/30ish (p/low gi c/f) diet, and am doing cardio again.

Another new supposedly wonder herb is holy basil, which helps control cortisol. Maybe the two together, cinnamon and holy basil will be a one-two punch. I'm going to hit Vitamin Shoppe for the holy basil.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09
    Yummm, this thread made me want to make cinnamon toast.
    Low gi, whole grain bread, Splenda and only a smidgen of butter. No trans fats!

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL -- I hardly ever have any, Mino -- but if I'm gonna -- it will be whole grain bread, plenty of butter, a tablespoon of refined sugar, and cinnamon!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Actually I have a good recipe for spread for toast. It's called "Better Butter."

You take some softened butter, and you mix it with the equivalent amount of extra virgin olive oil until it is well blended and then put it in a container into your butter conditioner in the fridge. It halves the saturated fat you take in when you use it.

I hate the shop bought margerines (dont know whats in em trans fat wise) but cannot bring myself to use concentrated butter--and I like the butter taste, and found a recipe for that.

I'm beginning an apple fast on the weekend and the drink above will be pirmarily used for clearing out. A lot of the reason I am using it though (cinnamon) is because it is anti bacterial and anti fungal, and I just want to use the apple fast to de acidify my system before I embark on a wholesome diet. The fast will be for 2-3 days. Most likely 2 as I plan to do it over the weekend and then break into a cleaner diet from Monday onwards and will need two whole days where I can relax and kick back whilst on the fast.

After that I will be increasing my proteins and eating a lot more vegetables and fresh fruits.
    Just giving myself a good spring clean first.

The cinnamon should be great because it is a blood thinner and will help to eliminate any toxins that little bit more quickly. It seems to have all the qualties one would need to detox so I'm giving it a try.

Plus I can personally vouch for the fact that cinnamon IS an aphrodisiac...
    oh yeh... definately.

I'm beginning an apple fast on the weekend

LOL -- not meaning to be gross here, but haven't you ever heard of the apple squirts? You're not just eating apples all weekend are you?

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plus I can personally vouch for the fact that cinnamon IS an aphrodisiac...
    oh yeh... definately.

Hmmmm.... after seeing your title there....I'm guessing just about anything is!!

BTW, there is NOTHING wrong with that!!

Basically the fast contains apples and mineral water. Apples because they are non acidic and help to clear toxins out. Apparently apples speed detox up. Plus they contain a lot of pectin and anti oxidants.

Many people go on fasts but stay on them too long I feel. There is however, nothing wrong with having one every once in a while, in fact your body will if anything thank you for it. Pectin will help to shift any toxic metals in your body that are stored in tissue. Lead, cadmium, aluminium etc etc much more quickly.

Plus you know what they say... an apple a day will keep the Doctor away.

INFO:

How to Understand an Apple Cleansing Fast

The apple is a very energizing food, so this fast should allow you to maintain a normal life (provided your schedule is not too strenuous).

Steps:

1. Know that this is good for first-time fasters, because it is short, energizing and simple.

2. Realize that this purifying diet is designed to cleanse your alimentary canal, kidneys and liver, as well as your whole system. Yellow apples also contain high amounts of pectin, which is known to reduce cholesterol.

3. Understand that avoiding other, more difficult-to-digest foods for three days gives your body time to digest, clean out and rejuvenate.

4. Understand that this is a good, simple fast to repeat every few months to achieve the best results.

5. Do this fast in the springtime as an easy, general spring-cleaning fast, or any time of the year.

Tips:
    Recommended apple brands include: Jonathon, Jenneting, Black Arkansas, Oregon Red, Sheepnose, Delicious and Arkansas Russet. Make sure the apples you buy are organically grown.

You may drink coffee if you desire, but do not add milk or cream.

Avoid strenuous exercise during your fast. Light yoga is excellent, though.

Be sure to repeat this fast once a month for the next couple of months to obtain maximum benefits.

Educate yourself about fasting before you begin. You may wish to integrate some special herbal teas into your fast.

All I know is, it is different from simply not eating enough over a longer period and is no threat to losing mass as no sooner is it over than it is done and as it says, as long as you don't do strenuous stuff, mass is not going to be lost to a great extent.

Talking

Mr Someday...anything that thins the blood out or dilates capilaries acts as a good aphrodisiac. I'm on x2 tabs of Gingko Biloba per day so that should give you a clue. LOL!
    Last edited by ~*IronBelle*~; 03-02-2005 at 12:45 PM.

Talking

As for Apple Squirts...lol... I'm not 100% sure what this means but I can guess. All I can say is this has to beat drinking the Chinese Slimming tea that my Sister sent to me. The woman selling it to her at the Chinese Super Market said:

"It cleen u out!"

Oh it cleaned me out alright...I thought my large intestine was gonna drop out in the process. LOL!

I swear it was PURE senna in the darn tea bags and I never stopped running to the loo. Nasty.

If I do get hungry, I'll chow on some steamed brown rice and steamed veggies. LOL!

Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been using cin. on the oats every morning for a long time. Note sure if the benifit has been there. I didn't know the volume had to be so high. There is an extract form of cin that is higher concentrate? Where do you get this and how much does one use. If you know please post a note directly to me, Thanks

Talking

Just search for it online, I've seen cinnamon capsules on my travels doing that.
    However, you dont need to just take the extract form. Cinnamon powder is as effective. You can take up to 3-6 tsp of it a day with no ill effects.
    One remedy for bladder infection I read of stated to take 2 tablespoons of it with 1 tsp of honey and luke warm water. It kills the bladder bacteria.

So far I have only been making up my tea with 2x3 tsp of the stuff but I'll raise the dose if I need to. I've seen a definate reduction in the abs over the last two days doing that actually.

Today I boiled up a pint of water and soaked x2 green tea bags in it for 5 minutes, then strained them off, added x1 tablespoon of manuka honey, x3 tsp cinnamon and 1 litre of 100% cloudy apple juice-no sugar added.
    Then I allowed that to cool, and put it in my refridgerator. it tastes ok actually and is quite palatable. If I see no effect from that, I'll increase the green tea and the cinnamon in it I think.

The chinese tea that my sister gave me has 65% Hawthorn Berries in it:

HAWTHORNE BERRY helps to offset the increased demands made on the heart by the condition of being overweight. It also helps recondition and tone-up the heart muscle while reducing body weight, especially if the weight reduction plan includes some form of routine exercise (as it should). In this case, it is very important that the heart be able to supply sufficient oxygen to the tissues in order to maintain good health. Hawthorne berries have been shown to have an oxygen-saving effect on the heart muscle. Hawthorne also exhibits a very strong vasodilatory action, and it lowers peripheral resistance to blood flow. After several hours of food abstinence, this herb produces a significant decrease in free fatty acids and in lactic acid within the body. These findings indicate that Hawthorne has an anabolic (building up) effect on the metabolic process, and helps reduce coronary stress induced by being overweight.

EFFECTS:
    • Improves Metabolism
    • Reduces Weight
    • Removes unnecessary fat through bowel movement while facilitates burning of body fat
    • Improves digestion
    • Promotes cardiovascular health
    • Reduces absorption of fat
    • Reduces bad cholesterol.

Hawthorn removes unnecessary fat through bowel movement while facilitates burning of body fat. Traditional Chinese medicine uses it to prevent and treat obesity, high blood fat, lipoid liver, high cholesterol, constipation, etc.

Hawthorn helps promote cardiovascular health by improving blood and nutrient flow to the heart muscle. A healthy heart maintains circulation and nutrient delivery throughout the body and is essential for overall vitality and well being. Hawthorn berries are historically popular as a cardio tonic.

Hawthorn tablets is a technically advanced herbal product. Standardization assures specific measurable levels of important compounds that provide beneficial activity in the body.

Uses: Chinese medicine uses them to reduce absorption of fat so as to reduce weight and food stagnation.

Just put "Cinnamon Extract" into the search engine and it throws up stacks though.

I am laughing at this one:

• Removes unnecessary fat through bowel movement while facilitates burning of body fat

Geez it did that bowel movement thing alright. LOL! I just could not stop going and I think I made the tea too strong. Also, your not meant to put those t-bags into boiling water but steep in cold water for a few minutes then remove the bag, which I did do, but still got the runs all day and peed like there was no tomorrow. So if anyone wants to get rid of fluid in the body, Hawthorn Berries are your best friend!

I think I may try it again later on but make it weaker or something. It was possibly too strong.