SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it ok to drink whey protein right before going to sleep?

I mix whey protein with milk right before I go to sleep and drink it. Is this ok? Since I go about 8-9 hours without eating due to sleep, I feel this is a good time to digest some protein. Is it OK to drink protein before bed?

- SsiK

Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a caseinate/egg shake would be a better choice.

SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can mix some egg whites in there.... Don't know about casein though.

- SsiK

weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    casein is slow digesting protein which is in milk. so you are fine (since you said you mix whey and milk together)

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    id buy a protein blend or something. but what i do is have 10 grams of whey, 4 egg whites, and 3 cups of milk before bed.

Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll usually take a blended protein drink (i use pro blend 55). You want to stay away from isolates or concentrates as they will be delivered and digested rather quickly.

-jake
    Stimulate, don't annihilate.

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    whey and casein wont work, the whey will get to the stomach before the milk does
    1......2......3...... LIFT

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just drink 4 glasses of skim or low fat milk. Thats about 32g of protein.

JustinVincible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinVincible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinVincible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinVincible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinVincible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JustinVincible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The casien gets into the stomache before the milk? I thought the casein was IN the milk...

JV

TerraBulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just because whey dissapates very fast, I only use it imediatly after a workout. I usually settle for some casein/milk before bed.
    a glass, maybe two. ah, milk is great, humans were never ment to have dairy. lol.
    light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.

set the man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

xamilo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, why's absortion is quite fast, but the fact you use milk means you've got cassein (protein) and lactose (sugar) to digest the rest of the night and keep your stomach entertained. Its not the top of the range, but since your muscles grow when you're sleeping, its still a good choice.

Cheers
    Xamilo M.Sc. M.D.
    John Hopkins University.

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes. You can get anabolic at night by using a whey/casein protein shake. Have one before bed, and one during the night.

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by Jean Schernoff
    Yes. You can get anabolic at night by using a whey/casein protein shake. Have one before bed, and one during the night.

Good to see you bro.

Originally posted by LethalGunz34

Good to see you bro.
    Thanks.

irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Jean Schernoff
    You can develop nocturnal eating syndrome from waking up in the middle of the night and eating....

RockECU talked about this several times because he developed it after waking up in the middle of the night and drinking protein shakes.

Originally posted by irpker

You can develop nocturnal eating syndrome from waking up in the middle of the night and eating....

RockECU talked about this several times because he developed it after waking up in the middle of the night and drinking protein shakes.
    Never happened to me. It always worked for me and my friends.

CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't recommend Whey before bed. I personally drink 3 cups of skim milk before I go to sleep.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's my bedtime shake

2 cups skim milk 20g protein; 30carbs; 4fat
    ½ cup skim milk powder 20g protein; 30carbs; 1 fat

totals
    protein = 40g
    carbs = 60g
    fat = 5g
    calories = 445
    neg reds on sight crew