Thread: massage

OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000)

massage

Is there any benefit to massaging the worked muscle area after a workout? A few years ago a chiropracter used a gizmo on my back he called a "THUMPER" it was a massage device that kinda pounded the muscle. It was GREAT! I was in a store a while back and saw one for sale and of course bought it. I use it on my messed up shoulder nearly every day, and I was curious to know if a massage after lifting has any benefit at all or is it detrimental for any reason?

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Massages are Great...

I get them all the tyme... massages are great... I don't wanna get too technical but massages are great for massaging the muscle..

Peace..~G
    A Great Massage Does 1 of 2 Things.. It either...
    1. Puts you to sleep... or
    2. Makes you horny...
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Smile

I really got into the whole massage recovery thing after long cycling rides in which they provided a massage therapist afterwards. What a help towards recovery! About twice a month I go to a massage therapist but after a hard workout I have an electic/heated massager that I use! It is a great recovery tool - increases circulation to the area and works all the junk out of the muscles. I can definitely tell a difference if I don't use it! Not to mention... it just feels GREAT!!!

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes I get them my chiropractor tells me I need to get them from someone with stronger hands though. The deeper the better is what he has been telling me.

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    i try and go every other month or so. i always feel like a new woman after. mr. s has never had one. i know he would benefit from it. i even made him an appointment with this hot chic, but he won't go and i had to suffer thru.

i keep trying to talk mr. s into taking a couples class on how to do it so we can give them to each other. i don't think it would be the same, for some reason i think we might get distracted!

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL, someday! We'd never make it through that class for sure!

I've never had a massage but Brian loves them.

Barb, the electric heater/massage thing sounds cool. I need to get one of those!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DanMc
    Yes I get them my chiropractor tells me I need to get them from someone with stronger hands though. The deeper the better is what he has been telling me.
    My twice monthly massages are from the chiropractic office as well ... deep tissue massage ... but sometimes it can actually be uncomfortable during the process but I am a "wet noodle" afterwards!

Hib,
    You would love one of those massagers ... you can not believe the difference! (Especially, if you can convince the hubby to be the operator!!) lol

1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do the deep tissue about every three months or so. As Powells put it...I'm a wet noodle. Take a long nap afterwards and I'm ready for just about anything.

BTW Steve, they're also great after a long roadtrip or long flight. When I'm going overseas, I always get one ASAP when I arrive.

r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I highly recommend getting regular massages. The muscles benefit greatly from the increased blood flow and the massage works a lot of toxins out of your system. Plus, like others have said, the feeling is . . . ahhhhhhhhhhh!
    I'm sore!

Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Acupuncture for 30 minutes, followed by 15 - 30 minutes deep tissue acupressure massage. Made my chronic shoulder pain go away after two sessions. I had tolerated the pain for almost 6 months, even took 3 weeks off from lifting and no improvement. But shove a few needles in my legs and hands for a half hour or so and I'm feeling no pain!

I knew acupuncture worked when I saw it done on my friends dog. The dog was almost crippled from arthritis, and in 30 minutes was up and running around like a puppy!

Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Massages are great for recovery, they flush toxins and lactic acid, break up scar tissue and improve circulation. Not to mention, they just feel damn good, except for the chickie that gives me my deep tissue massages. She's brutal, I think she almost made me cry once.
    "Our scars have the power to remind us that the past is real." Hannibal Lecter

"If live your life with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you piss all over today"

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Acupuncture...

Man, I'm jealous.. I've alwayz wanted to try that... I don't have any constant aches and pains... but I've alwayz wanted to try it... What the hell.. I'm styll young ryght?? Glad to see we're not afraid of "alternative" forms of medicine.. Even tho acupuncture has been around for a kajillion years..

Peace..~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    after all this massage talk i decided to go and get one last night. i went to see the girl i usually do, but i made the mistake of telling her my hip was bothering me from doing squats earlier in the day. and let me tell you, she got where i needed her to, but i can barely walk this morning. i think i'm in worse shape than i was before i went. i'm sure it will feel better tomorrow and i know it was what i needed, but it was not the relaxing massage i was hoping for.

Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sam_I_Am is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You've discovered a new twist on DOMS = Delayed Onset Massage Soreness

Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Sam_I_Am
    Acupuncture for 30 minutes, followed by 15 - 30 minutes deep tissue acupressure massage. Made my chronic shoulder pain go away after two sessions.
    same here!

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hibiscus09
    LOL, someday! We'd never make it through that class for sure!

I've never had a massage but Brian loves them.

Barb, the electric heater/massage thing sounds cool. I need to get one of those!

Never had a massage!!
    Oh, now, that's a shame.

My father is a physician assistant, and worked for years in rehabilitation medicine. I learned a few things from him, and in my family, we would give each other massages all the time.

While I was studying for my license, I had several people tell me I was highly intuitive, and that I have a gift - I don't know if that's the case. I suspect it's that I have been doing them for so long.

There are many benefits to the bodybuilder of having massage done. The most obvious, is that it can reduce soreness.

Massage releases knots in the fascia, which can prevent or limit muscle growth.

It increases circulation, helping to speed healing time, and helping to increase the supply of nutrients and of hormones to the muscle.

It reduces stress, thereby reducing cortisol.

It increases flexibility and improves alignment, thereby helping to assure that you are able to perform an exercise correctly and through a maximal range of motion.

Oh, and if you drink extra water after a massage, it can help reduce the soreness you feel from deep tissue work. Though some of us drink so much water that "extra" is not really all that easy to manage!

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get a massage every month or so. I usually wait untill after I've rendered myself nearly usless from stress or post-workout sorness. Then, I get my massage and leave fresh as a daisy. The massage therapist at my place always encourages me to drink pleny of water after the massage. I guess it helps wash away all the junk that gets knocked loose from the massage.

Oh, and this is interesting... I used to get massages more often before I started working out. Either working out regularly or having more muscle mass has made my body less suceptible to muscle-knotting stress.

widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Massages are great. The masseuse I go to does a combination of deep tissue massage, thai-style stretching and pulling, and as a final touch, a walk on my back on her knees. Ahhh!

SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I try to do 15 minutes in the my hot tub after every workout whether it be cardio or wt, i really notice a difference if i am running late and do not have time in the morning, really helps with flexibility and muscle soreness and recovery.
    UP the IRONS!

TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sam_I_Am View Post
    Acupuncture for 30 minutes, followed by 15 - 30 minutes deep tissue acupressure massage. Made my chronic shoulder pain go away after two sessions. I had tolerated the pain for almost 6 months, even took 3 weeks off from lifting and no improvement. But shove a few needles in my legs and hands for a half hour or so and I'm feeling no pain!

I knew acupuncture worked when I saw it done on my friends dog. The dog was almost crippled from arthritis, and in 30 minutes was up and running around like a puppy!
    has it ever resurfaced?

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TDE View Post
    has it ever resurfaced?
    His last visit was 2007. I'm proud people have learned to use the search function but dayyum there have been posts brought up from dead people here lately.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Massage is outstanding for helping to keep the spine and hips aligned where they should be. I try to get a full working over every three months. I wish I could afford to get it done every two weeks as euphoric as I feel afterward.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry

Used to get them every two weeks and they are great for muscle soreness. Can no longer afford them since my wife lost her $250k pa job

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, since this thread has been revived....there is a guy on youtube - massagenerd - who has tons of great massage tutorials if you want to learn techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/user/massagenerd
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do a lot of hard physical labor around my place and go for a massage now and then. I was doing a once a month thing and want to get back into it. Even a 1/2 hour massage really feels good.

I had knotted up my forearms using a big snow blower one day over the winter. I saw my therapist a few days later and after that, no pain whatsoever, she worked out every knot in them.

I'm a believer in massages for the body and the mind, yes we are worth it. I have to dig out her card later and make an appointment.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....