Registered User the iron addict's Avatar
    the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000)

The Importance of a Training Log

Do you record your gym sessions in written format? If you don't I can guarantee that you are cheating yourself. I don't care how well you "think" you recall your reps/sets/training poundage’s, from your last session, you will be off. Being able to go back and not only review what you did last session, but what you did 6 months ago, and 6 months previous and so on is an invaluable tool. Don't overlook this!!!!

Iron Addict

Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Brown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a newbie and even I think it's IMPORTANT to keep track of your workouts. You have to im my opinion unless you have a perfect memory which none of us do. It's a great reference guide to what exercises you've done, what routine's worked and didn't and such. I'd feel naked in the gym w/o my notebook. I personally record everything from exercise, to sets, to reps, to time spent and such.
    My Inhibit-E by SNS log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=665411

Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

I didn't use to keep a log book when I first started a few years back, but I do now, it definately helps.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i couldnt imagine not using a training book.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tetsuo
    i couldnt imagine not using a training book.
    Word.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis