h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Diets dont really work unless

Diets dont really work unless your competing. I have tried eating chicken and getting rid of the carbs and eating like 1000 calories a day and it just doesnt work. I always bounce back to 2000 calories a day and feel more energized and feel better...

I find eating 2000-2500 calories a day with consistent physical activity including weights and at least 1 hour of cardio and if your on your feet all day and making healthy choices, well your body just burns it off...

& low carb diets suck (again, you gotta do the carb loading stuff when you compete) but when not competing I think its normal to eat carbs after 5, especially if your hitting the gym after that time. But just healthy carbs ... not icecream or anything.

I also find deprivation is bad too and when you deprive yourself you feel like ... left out and you crave it more and then you binge. I do that when I say no sweets ever or ice cream. So I try to incorporate it ... like today I had some nutella and trailmix. Neither is gonna kill me or make me fat ... or make my abs less visable. Might not get to 7% bodyfat with those food choices but unless your competing ... who'd really want to.

Does anyone else agree and think its better for the body to eat more and be active more, give your body those nutrients ya know? And just go nuts in the gym and run your ass off when doing cardio, put the food to good use instead of eating 1500 calories or less a day and not being able to put your best effort in at all and just slowing down your progress and muscle building.

Anyone else think its ok to have a treat like trailmix in your diets and carbs after 5

Registered User Definitelynotme's Avatar
    Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

not true

Originally Posted by h@rdc0re View Post
    Diets dont really work unless your competing.
    this is not true. most fad diets dont work at all. and intelligent diets dont work unless you follow them properly.

to answer your questions, yes, trailmix is fine in moderation. and yes, carbs after 5 pm is also fine.
    If your parents didn't have children, chances are you won't either.

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It is all about your Training and intensity.

Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Diets dont really work unless your competing. I have tried eating chicken and getting rid of the carbs and eating like 1000 calories a day and it just doesnt work. I always bounce back to 2000 calories a day and feel more energized and feel better...

I find eating 2000-2500 calories a day with consistent physical activity including weights and at least 1 hour of cardio and if your on your feet all day and making healthy choices, well your body just burns it off...

& low carb diets suck (again, you gotta do the carb loading stuff when you compete) but when not competing I think its normal to eat carbs after 5, especially if your hitting the gym after that time. But just healthy carbs ... not icecream or anything.

I also find deprivation is bad too and when you deprive yourself you feel like ... left out and you crave it more and then you binge. I do that when I say no sweets ever or ice cream. So I try to incorporate it ... like today I had some nutella and trailmix. Neither is gonna kill me or make me fat ... or make my abs less visable. Might not get to 7% bodyfat with those food choices but unless your competing ... who'd really want to.

Does anyone else agree and think its better for the body to eat more and be active more, give your body those nutrients ya know? And just go nuts in the gym and run your ass off when doing cardio, put the food to good use instead of eating 1500 calories or less a day and not being able to put your best effort in at all and just slowing down your progress and muscle building.

Anyone else think its ok to have a treat like trailmix in your diets and carbs after 5
    I agree.

If not competeting I see no reason to make nutrtion and lifting an all of nothing thing.
    Personally I dont count calories just protein intake and make all healthy choices 6 days a week out of 7. 1 Day a week I eat whatever I want. And the other 6 days if I go out to eat ill just make the healthier choice. But I dont set limits on what I can or cant have just try to make the healthy choice.

As long as you lift and do cardio and make healthy choices most the time then your golden.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diets doesnt work, its the calorie restriction. If I told you I was intaking 200g of fat, and 100g of protein a day, youd call me crazy, yet I'm losing weight due to calorie restriction. I can eat lard all day, lol and still lose weight.

But I like the way you think. Eat in moderation, doesnt always need to be heatlhy, and you're okay. But again..you ARE on a bodybuilding site =)

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Does anyone else agree and think its better for the body to eat more and be active more, give your body those nutrients ya know? And just go nuts in the gym and run your ass off when doing cardio, .
    THis sounds good in theory, but it doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is because all that excess activity (weights + cardio) is gonna overtrain the **** out of you eventually-and if you do that long enough you will lose PLENTY of muscle. A caloric deficit is just a metabolic stress, it doesn't redline your CNS like excess lifting + cardio will.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50) norxcal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by young_squatter View Post
    I agree.

If not competeting I see no reason to make nutrtion and lifting an all of nothing thing.
    Personally I dont count calories just protein intake and make all healthy choices 6 days a week out of 7. 1 Day a week I eat whatever I want. And the other 6 days if I go out to eat ill just make the healthier choice. But I dont set limits on what I can or cant have just try to make the healthy choice.

As long as you lift and do cardio and make healthy choices most the time then your golden.
    It's more of a discipline for me, I mean in a world where so many people are obese it's admirable to be able to say that someone follows a diet to the T and has an extraordinary body.

On top of this it carries over to everything else I do. I use the same techniques in school, work, etc. The way I look at it is if I want extraordinarily great results I have to BE extradorinarily great, and to me that means pushing myself to the limit and being able to delay gratification.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Competition diets are non sustainable long term. They are strict hardcore diets used to acheive a goal of maximum fat loss with maximum muscle preservation. Many times people fail with weight loss because they can't quite differentiate between a fat loss "diet", and just living a healthy lifestyle. So they lose the weight on a fad diet, then don't know what to do to maintain weight loss, so they go back to old habits. I do a competition type diet 3-4 months out of a year to get lean, then for the remainder of the year live a healthy lifestyle that I know I can sustain long term. And I think eating carbs after 5 is fine, I eat carbs anytime I feel I need them, it's the total daily/weekly calories that are important.

Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Belloc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

& low carb diets suck

amen to that sister

... 2 bad I gotta go low carb to lose weight, trust me I tried everything

low carb works

sucks ass

but works

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    low carb is absolute bull, im sorry.. but calories in calories out(within reason and balance)

the only reason imo u lose so much more "weight" with low carb diets is because of less glycogen stored= less water being held

ive done both keto and 40/40/20.. fat loss is the same, its just keto sucks a lot more
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    low carb is absolute bull, im sorry.. but calories in calories out(within reason and balance)

the only reason imo u lose so much more "weight" with low carb diets is because of less glycogen stored= less water being held

ive done both keto and 40/40/20.. fat loss is the same, its just keto sucks a lot more
    X2 and with low carb diets, your workouts suck more too, i find...not to mention the fact that my muscles always look flat. the look alot fuller when u have glycogen constantly stored

h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50) h@rdc0re will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys for all of your replies.
    & I agree ... Like ... I dont think a person should eat bad foods but like here's like the perfect diet k ... I would love to follow

meal one(pre workout): 1 slice rye bread + almond butter + skimmed milk + organic cereal
    460 calories
    meal two(post workout): protein shake
    250 calories
    meal three: whole wheat sandwich with turkey, fat reduced cheese, lettuce, tomato, hot pepper rings and mustard
    310 calories
    meal four: 1 sweet potato + chicken breast + side salad with tomato, lettuce, green peppers and cucumber
    360 calories
    meal five(before bed): 1 full glass skimmed milk + 2 tbsp almond butter
    330 calories

1,710 calories consumed

Now if you wanna have a bit of a cheat have nutella instead of almond butter or have a sub at subway or something, just dont go overboard with the crappy foods, you know? I find its the sugary stuff ... not subs and stuff that make me feel crappy. Just in moderation and dont do it everyday