Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sleep No More...

I have noticed that I don't sleep at all really anymore since going to the gym and eating more.

Does anyone have a problem with sleep?

How do you deal with it?

What Could cause someone not to sleep?
    _TheDrumTech_

Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DrumTech View Post
    I have noticed that I don't sleep at all really anymore since going to the gym and eating more.

How do you deal with it?

depression or constant thoughts can keep you awake. I used to have a problem with sleep a month ago i would always be thinking of stupid crap.

After i discovered i was defficient in Zinc and was put on the supplement i must say that i have been sleeping just amazing. I don't wake up at night anymore and its a Solid sleep. Mabey your deficient in Zinc from not eating right, its found in meat and alot of your meals lack a good amount of meat.
    Deport ALL Illegal Aliens

DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Oddball8945 View Post
    depression or constant thoughts can keep you awake. I used to have a problem with sleep a month ago i would always be thinking of stupid crap.

After i discovered i was defficient in Zinc and was put on the supplement i must say that i have been sleeping just amazing. I don't wake up at night anymore and its a Solid sleep. Mabey your deficient in Zinc from not eating right, its found in meat and alot of your meals lack a good amount of meat.
    I have heard that before... is it just a supplement I can go buy?

How to do i add it into what I eat?
    _TheDrumTech_

spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how long have you been training, and how is your intensity/diet?
    "To everyone else who came up with bull**** insulting comments can go **** themselves and simply grow the **** up. My question was a good one. I've never used a shaker bottle before so do you think i'm going to know anything about it???" - Mr. Cruz on how to use a shaker bottle.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    ZMA works very well to send me to sleep

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You can get pills of zinc, just a supplement (non-Rx)

Originally Posted by spinal1 View Post
    how long have you been training, and how is your intensity/diet?
    I havent been training for tooo long.... but I have been very strict on my diet for the past year. Since then I have noticed less sleep.

Also since I havent been touring, working, or really anything but chill at the beach all summer..... I don't sleep....

I have tried reading, listening to music, playin sports, eating cottage cheese, drinking warm milk, tea's, staying up later...

I just don't want it to hurt my rest for muscle recovery or mess up my metabolism.
    _TheDrumTech_

spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spinal1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might be overtraining, you might be not eating enough calories for your routine...

Take a week break, and possibly do cardio/stretching/light workouts... and keep your calories up.

Go to sleep by no later than 12.

Don't sleep for more than 8-9 hours, force yourself to get up.
    "To everyone else who came up with bull**** insulting comments can go **** themselves and simply grow the **** up. My question was a good one. I've never used a shaker bottle before so do you think i'm going to know anything about it???" - Mr. Cruz on how to use a shaker bottle.

I cant sleep in past 7am max... my body has always rised early... If I sleep past 7 my mind turns into mud and I get cranky.

Anyone have a recomended natural source?
    _TheDrumTech_

Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

yea, its just a pill just take it with a meal. Also gives you vivid dreams, lately now that ive been sleeping without inturuption my dreams have been so vivid and cool.

Mirin that you're aware ricekiller's Avatar
    ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    zma zma zma zma zma its amazing

Originally Posted by Oddball8945 View Post
    yea, its just a pill just take it with a meal. Also gives you vivid dreams, lately now that ive been sleeping without inturuption my dreams have been so vivid and cool.
    I like dreaming....

I feel like that one add on TV where the guys dreams are sitting around saying how they miss him....

Must be nice to have them!
    _TheDrumTech_

roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    compare zma to melatonin.......
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=125867701&posted=1#post125867701

Tight Curves product review

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=127158341#post127158341
    work out journal

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I cant get enough sleep since I started eating/working out. I get 7 hrs a night probably, but Id love more If I had time!

tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tweety09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cant sleep in past 7am max... my body has always rised early... If I sleep past 7 my mind turns into mud and I get cranky.

Anyone have a recomended natural source?
    same here.. i hate this.. i want to sleep more but just can`t.. I`ll buy some zinc pills.. and see if it works..
    If you`re always guiding after peoples thoughts what`s the point of having your own?

eat the yolks : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=937460

calories needed calculator : http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/calories-burned

Originally Posted by tweety09 View Post
    same here.. i hate this.. i want to sleep more but just can`t.. I`ll buy some zinc pills.. and see if it works..

I have always been one to wake up early... I like to wake up early... but not when I havent slept....

I wish I could just sleep from 10-6 without waking up!
    _TheDrumTech_

I have always been one to wake up early... I like to wake up early... but not when I havent slept....

I wish I could just sleep from 10-6 without waking up!
    that used to be me i used to always wake up early and cook breakfast cause i couldnt sleep, now i sleep right on through till even 9am-10am solid. Its amazing what this zinc did

Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000)
    when taking Zinc or ZMA, make sure you do not consume calcium within an hour of taking it. your brain prefers calcium over Zinc so to speak, thus the Zinc will not be absorbed, also take at night, around 45 minutes of sleep
    My Body has No Limits

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do you deal with it?

Omg thank you for saying this ..me too ..i cant fricken sleep..i sleep at most 6 hours a night.... what is the deal with that..when i wake up and see the time ?? I am disappointed i didnt get my 8 hours..sleeping is my favorite activity..above all else?? YES even that. LOL

Oh i take ZMA by the way..no such luck could be the cottage cheese or yogurt i eat to before bed ..like someone said i never thought of that.

But last nite i had neither..i had chicken and broccoli..and still not enuff sleep .. and i wake up very tired too.
    Last edited by amberlynn72; 08-18-2007 at 01:33 PM.

wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i noticed when i improved my diet and trained consistantly, i sleep less as well. I don't really feel sleep deprived though, so I wonder if you eat healthy etc. your body doesnt need as much sleep.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my body tends to get less sleep also.. maybe its just beacuse of my hectic summer (3 jobs) i really never get to sleep 8 hours.. maybe two or 3 times all summer.. i get aroudn 6 but i still feel good.. wish i could get more though!

also getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom sucks the worst

oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    x2 on the ZMA...i've read a lot of bad reviews in the supp. section, but when i tried it, i loved it...may not have done much in terms of a test. booster, but i gotta admit that while i was on it, i had some of the best sleeps of my life.

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Zma is a little too expensive for me ATM, so would just Zinc work or do you need the Mag. too?

Keep in mind, I was trying 12-18mg of Melatonin, and that couldn't quiet my mind.
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BabyBodybuilder View Post
    Zma is a little too expensive for me ATM, so would just Zinc work or do you need the Mag. too?

Keep in mind, I was trying 12-18mg of Melatonin, and that couldn't quiet my mind.

Have you tried Valerian? that willl knock you on your ass...LOL

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by amberlynn72 View Post
    Have you tried Valerian? that willl knock you on your ass...LOL
    Yep, I ODed on that too, but it just doesn't shut my mind up! Made my whole house smell too
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do you deal with it?

More meat i eat, less sleep I seem to get. I'm a believer its the concentrated phosporus in meat and maybe the vitamin b12 in high doses

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you are eating close to bedtime, that can cause an increase in core body temp. and make it harder to sleep. If you are going to bed early enough and sleeping until 7am, theres no problem with that. Its just your natural process of waking up at the same time.
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post
    If you are eating close to bedtime, that can cause an increase in core body temp. and make it harder to sleep. If you are going to bed early enough and sleeping until 7am, theres no problem with that. Its just your natural process of waking up at the same time.
    that might be.. but usually when i wake up all the time

i would think being all warm and comfy would make it easier to sleep.. at least it is for me.. and thats how i like to be when i sleep

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DD66 View Post
    More meat i eat, less sleep I seem to get. I'm a believer its the concentrated phosporus in meat and maybe the vitamin b12 in high doses
    I can sympathize with your reasoning. Whenever I consume carbs in my last meal I sleep fine, but not when that meal consists of protein/fats.
    USMC Naval Aviator - F/A-18 Hornets

"At rotation we spontaneously become heart-breakers and life-takers."

Dodge Viper SRT-10

"You're among Spartans now, so stand up and try not to say anything stupid."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Originally Posted by Ryan_Cunningham View Post
    I can sympathize with your reasoning. Whenever I consume carbs in my last meal I sleep fine, but not when that meal consists of protein/fats.
    interesting.. what is ur last meal of the day then if ur having carbs? maybe some WW bread and PB with a lil glass of milk on the side?