panzerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Confused and Frustrated

There is so much advice out there on take this or take that supplement that I am more confused than I was at 14. I am taking 100% Whey protien, Myozene, Kre-Alkalyn, and mulitvitamins. I PT twice a day, lifting in the a.m. and cardio in pm.(5-6 days a week) I am a natural fat body and have fought weight gain all my life with varying degrees of effectiveness. I am getting nowhere and seem to actually be getting fatter. The Myozene seems to help alot with postworkout recovery but it is chock full of sugar. Does anyone have some sane advice or ideas? I am 43 and 210, fully 20 pounds heavier than I was in April and it is not muscle.
    "Ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth"

Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50)

diet?

how's your diet looking? what's your carb intake look like, total cal intake, etc.? what kind of cardio are you doing? duration? intensity? how are you lifting? how long have you been exercising?
    sugar intake is ok right after a workout, but the only time it's ok, spikes insuline and helps carry nutrients to hurt muscles

Diet n things

My diet is off and on good, I try to keep it at about 2k-2.5k, low in carbs as I seem not to handle them well. My metabolism is that of a tree sloth I think and I do not tolerate fat lose supps well so simply use coffee as a kick in the ass. I can drop pounds by stopping the creatine but I lose some strength then as well and I run out of energy in the gym. Cardio is mainly running 3-5 miles (3-4 times as week), elipticall trainer for 45 min,(2-3 times a week) and (aerobic type class 2x a week). I mix my lifting up between some low rep heavy days and higher rep lighter days. I have it broken into 4 training days doing back/bi, chest/tri, shoulders, and legs. If a routine becomes too familiar I will switch to another for 6 weeks or so.

Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Mahns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how long have you been on that routine? How much weight on average are you losing per week?

Not losing any weight, been gaining since April, slowly but it is fat as my mid section is getting thicker and flabbier. Been doing this routine for about 8 weeks now.

The best i can say is to keep your diet "good" and on, don't let it fall into that "off" category. stay away from simple sugars except immediately post workout. don't do cardio EVERY day, as that just leads to muscular breakdown, you need to give your central nervous system a rest. drink nothing but WATER. high quality foods.

don't fall into that "3 sets of 25 for "toning"" for hypertrophy you want to keep your reps between 8-12 and stay around the 4 set range, but be careful not to overtrain, as this will lead to muscular breakdown as well. stay around 2-3 exercises per body part.

hopefully this will help you out, but like i said, you have to keep your diet "on" and not "off" those off days add up and can be detrimental.

are you still in Iraq? what are the chowhalls like out there?

Thanks, no I came home in early May. The chow halls are incredible to say the least. Over there you can eat healthy or crappy, it is up to you. There is a tremendous selection. I stopped the Myozene. I was taking the Kre and getting creatine mono form the Myozene, perhaps too much creatine all together? Taking a protien shake and a fruit immediately following the workout. Take care.

Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your body may be in starvation mode due to the low calories. At 210 you should be eating more than 2500 calories per day. Check out the nutrition section for sure. It's a battle man, you gotta earn it everyday.

Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)