MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein Shake - Interfere With Amino Acid Pills?

I'm looking for four major amino acids.

GABA
    Arginine
    Lysine
    Ornithine

I currently have amino acid pills that supply everything, but I have to take 9 pills to get at least 500mg in everything. I found a whey protein supplement that supplies more arginine and lysine. Would it interfere with the absorption of GABA, arginine and lysine from the pills, and ornithine significantly? Should I just drop the arginine/lysine/ornithine pills and just take the protein shake and GABA? But the GABA is a single amino acid, and its absorption is maximizedwhen in a non-competitive environment (kudos to the cyberstore for this info) but I'm planning on taking the shake at night so GH levels can be elevated during sleep.

Any suggestions?

MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sure there are people who are knowledgeable to answer my inquiries. I did my own research but got mixed answers.

scooterman41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey, i wish i could help, but i take aminos with every shake, and it has never adversly affected me in any way

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have no evidence or proof, just a thought. There are 2 ways to look at this. One one had a protein shake should naturally have those aminos already so taking them with the shake will most likely result in less of the pill form being absorbed. On the other hand taking the pills alone with no protein make not be as absorbable by the body. Thing like that tend to absorb better when mixed with food.

I would say its a safer bet to take the pills with the protein shake. Even if not all of the mgs in the pills are absorbed you will still be getting the amount the body is asking for with no question, and logically that is what you should be going for.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Positive K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    amino acids pills are a waste of money, i mean there in the protien we eat! try glutamine.

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with you positive K but if the amino pills you purchase are the L form or peptide form there are possible benefits. Most large Amino pills that contain them all suck terribly though, but Martial Artist is using individual aminos.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by sfetaz
    I agree with you positive K but if the amino pills you purchase are the L form or peptide form there are possible benefits. Most large Amino pills that contain them all suck terribly though, but Martial Artist is using individual aminos.

FCould you go ito detail why the "alrge amino pills suck terribly"???

I'm taking twinlab's Amino Fuel pills 4 pills @each dosage for 3 dosages a day.They are the L forms,I would rather be taking liver tabs but I can't due to the nasty side effect...ugh.

Sports Supplement Review 3rd Edition is my source.

To make the section short, the methods used to make these pills cause the pill to be difficult to be absorbed and most gets pissed out. What little that may get absorbed is utilized very little by the body since most Amino Acid pills use Free Form Aminos instead of L versions or peptides. Free Form Amino stay in the blood stream instead of being absorbed into the muscle areas of the body.

But most good amino acid formulas use peptides.