ImThatBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Love handles while bulking

I do apologize if there's a similar thread I have missed. I searched the site as best as I could before creating a new thread.

I'm about 5'8 and 63kg (138 pounds) and have recently started to bulk. I'm naturally very slim but I've been creating a calorie surplus and I've been gaining weight and of course going to the gym at least 3 times a week.
    What I have noticed, however, is that with the gain weight, I have started to see the formation of love handles and some belly fat. I really dislike this and have started to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
    I am starting to see more muscle definition around my chest, arms, shoulders and legs but not in my stomach/abdomen.

Are there particular foods I need to avoid/increase to help avoid "stubborn fat"?
    Are there exercises I should be doing often?
    Or should I just keep doing what I'm doing and worry about it later?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when you put on fat the first place you're gunna see it is on the stomach, gluten is known to cause bloating. When I removed gluten from my diet I noticed my stomach was a lot more flat.

You can't do much about it the more calories you take in the more fat and muscle you'll put on. If it bothered you a lot cut down on calories, although you won't be gaining muscle as quick.

If I was you I'd take in all the calories I could

Registered User TheFuarkingBoss's Avatar
    TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lower your calories or up your cardio, if you think you are gainning too much.
    Brah

Originally Posted by BallsFullOfTest View Post
    when you put on fat the first place you're gunna see it is on the stomach, gluten is known to cause bloating. When I removed gluten from my diet I noticed my stomach was a lot more flat.

You can't do much about it the more calories you take in the more fat and muscle you'll put on. If it bothered you a lot cut down on calories, although you won't be gaining muscle as quick.

If I was you I'd take in all the calories I could
    That's what I thought too. Except, how would I eventually reduce them? Or will my body just kinda balance itself out on its own?

Originally Posted by TheFuarkingBoss View Post
    Lower your calories or up your cardio, if you think you are gainning too much.
    I'm not sure that's an option for me. I'm already very light, any cardio would be more counterproductive at this stage.

pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ImThatBoy View Post
    I'm not sure that's an option for me. I'm already very light, any cardio would be more counterproductive at this stage.
    A sure fire way to do it is to start counting your calories. It helps take most of the guesswork out.

If you're not happy with the fat gain, cut back a little.

If you're natural, a weight gain of around 2lb per month is a good place to start for lean gains.

BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallsFullOfTest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ImThatBoy View Post
    That's what I thought too. Except, how would I eventually reduce them? Or will my body just kinda balance itself out on its own?
    Once you're done bulking you will then go into a caloric deficit, the more muscle you have the easier it is to burn calories

MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am glad I found this thread! I am having the exact same issue right now.

I am very slim in my upper body (belly as well), but I dislike the fat in my lower back. It is not very visible, but I know it is there and that is already enough.
    I started bulking about three weeks ago, and of course, my strength has gone up and I see gains in my shoulders and arms, but it looks like I am gaining fat in the area I always had more fat than in other places. Yay!

So I have the same question as you. It feels like bulking is going good, apart from that week spot I always had. It is only making it worse. I don't know if I should do more lower back exercises or not, cus everyone knows "you cannot lose fat in targeted places".

Guess I'll just keep going though, I want to gain muscle, and I know that is only possible with a caloric surplus. I am convinced I will get rid of it once I start bulking. Just quiet annoying right now but I guess that's just the beginner's fase. The second time I will bulk I'll probably be alot leaner so I guess it won't be that bad anymore then. Fingers crossed and good luck to you!