Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why so sore after leg day?

Simple question really, my other muscles will get sore but only if i train them very intensely but after leg day my thighs are always sore even if i have only used 10 or so sets. Its annoying because I train legs twice a week and I had to cancel today because they are still sore from wednesday.

Oh and I do squat

ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kenmcv View Post
    Simple question really, my other muscles will get sore but only if i train them very intensely but after leg day my thighs are always sore even if i have only used 10 or so sets. Its annoying because I train legs twice a week and I had to cancel today because they are still sore from wednesday.

Oh and I do squat
    thats weird, are you going very heavy? are you taking creatine?
    You are born weak and small and you die weak and small... What ever you decide to be in between is up to you.

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thats why I don't have "days" and instead do a rotation. If I need a rest, I take one, and then resume my rotation the next time I work out.

The only reason to have specific "days" IE, legs on monday, etc, is if you are an athlete and have to plan your lifts around your practice/competetion schedule. Even then, you can usually still rotate.
    BTDT

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    Thats why I don't have "days" and instead do a rotation. If I need a rest, I take one, and then resume my rotation the next time I work out.

The only reason to have specific "days" IE, legs on monday, etc, is if you are an athlete and have to plan your lifts around your practice/competetion schedule. Even then, you can usually still rotate.
    x 65 million. working out on a weekly rotation never made sense to me. i go 4 days on 1 day off. somedays i'll feel burnt out and take an extra day.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    What kind of job do you have?
    im a trainer at a studio. yes i understand that jobs can interfere with lifting.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    im a trainer at a studio. yes i understand that jobs can interfere with lifting.
    Oh, I deleted that post cause I remembered I thought you were an exercise physio.

I agree that not being tied to a calendar is often best, but often not the most practical.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Oh, I deleted that post cause I remembered I thought you were an exercise physio.

I agree that not being tied to a calendar is often best, but often not the most practical.
    yea. what kind of rotation are you currently on?

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    yea. what kind of rotation are you currently on?
    Basic three day full body.

I have to adhere to a calendar schedule because I train at a private lifting club, not a commercial gym, and they keep funny hours.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    dude, never cancel a workout because your legs are sore from the previous workout (as long as it was 48 hours prior and you got enough food + rest)

the best way too heal it is to work it!
    just got back from summer holidays, went back to the gym, did squat 3x5 (80kg) which was my max before leaving
    next workout, up'd it to 85kg. legs were still hurting like hell from the previous workout (48 hours before), but i was able to do it and felt so good afterwards.

if you keep pounding on the weight, and getting enough rest + protein etc, the pain you feel after leg workouts will reduce and keep getting lower
    ===Goal achieved. Now lean bulking for life===
    Format: Start (Dec-11) ---- Goal achieved (Aug-12)

Squat: 50kg x 5 ---- 170kg x 1
    Bench: 50kg x 5 ---- 100kg x 1
    Deadlift: 85 kg x 5 ---- 200kg x 1
    Total: 185 kg / 408 lbs --- 470 kg / 1036 lbs

*CEO 10k/day crew*
    *99.9th percentile IQ crew*

ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

give it a rest...

Originally Posted by tund3 View Post
    dude, never cancel a workout because your legs are sore from the previous workout (as long as it was 48 hours prior and you got enough food + rest)

the best way too heal it is to work it!
    just got back from summer holidays, went back to the gym, did squat 3x5 (80kg) which was my max before leaving
    next workout, up'd it to 85kg. legs were still hurting like hell from the previous workout (48 hours before), but i was able to do it and felt so good afterwards.

if you keep pounding on the weight, and getting enough rest + protein etc, the pain you feel after leg workouts will reduce and keep getting lower

what is that? don't cancel a workout because your sore? if your sore and you work out... theres no point. your not letting your muscle heal and recover. THE BEST WAY TO HEAL IT IS TO REST AND NOT WORK IT OUT... c'mon bro its simple if your legs are sore then work out on something else.
    You are born weak and small and you die weak and small... What ever you decide to be in between is up to you.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your legs probably react this way to stimulus. Unless it's debilitating soreness, I would complete your scheduled session. A little active recovery technique wouldn't hurt.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandManTFC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I train my legs every friday(No work all weekend) and my legs are in pain all weekend(Getting used to it) I've took it easy on them before and feel no pain but know that the workout was a bad one, I know training them hard gets results but does more rep less weight?thats when i feel no pain.

Originally Posted by SandManTFC View Post
    I train my legs every friday(No work all weekend) and my legs are in pain all weekend(Getting used to it) I've took it easy on them before and feel no pain but know that the workout was a bad one, I know training them hard gets results but does more rep less weight?thats when i feel no pain.
    your body isn't use to the heavy pressure yet. everytime i up my squats its just sore as hell. i'd give it a week or two and i'm use to it like i do it all the time. your body is just adjusting, you'll be fine as soon as they get proper rest and recover time.

kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenmcv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok thanks for the replys.

I just wondered why the thighs would be more sore than any other bodypart?

TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRealCartman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ummmpain View Post
    what is that? don't cancel a workout because your sore? if your sore and you work out... theres no point. your not letting your muscle heal and recover. THE BEST WAY TO HEAL IT IS TO REST AND NOT WORK IT OUT... c'mon bro its simple if your legs are sore then work out on something else.
    I thought that it was a good idea to put in a light workout if you're sore to keep the muscle from tightening up and get the blood flowing, is this wrong?

bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000)
    I trained my legs last sunday and they were sore all week until saturday, it was really annoying because i could barely walk. i really wanted to train them on wednesday again after deadlifting but the pain was way too much.
    SIZE DONT LIE

chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuckiechuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Oh and I do squat
    Sounds like new lifter soreness. If you just started giving legs more attention or just started at the gym, work through the soreness. It will not bother you anymore after a couple of weeks.
    Chuck Hayen

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, now I'm confused. I could swear that it is just fine to work out even if you're sore from a few days ago. I have the same issue with legs. I do sqats and they hit hard. I stay sore for days, but if I have had a couple days rest at least, why wouldn't I hit them again?

If I waited until I was not sore at all before hitting the same body part, I would work out like twice a week. Somebody enlighten me here.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dragging a sled=INSTANT relief from D.O.M.S.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Originally Posted by TheRealCartman View Post
    I thought that it was a good idea to put in a light workout if you're sore to keep the muscle from tightening up and get the blood flowing, is this wrong?
    Honestly you should properly let your muscles heal and recover before you hit them again, because if your not going to let your muscle heal it'll stay sore and torn. During resting time and giving it time to recover thats when you start growing and getting results.

Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post
    Ok, now I'm confused. I could swear that it is just fine to work out even if you're sore from a few days ago. I have the same issue with legs. I do sqats and they hit hard. I stay sore for days, but if I have had a couple days rest at least, why wouldn't I hit them again?

If I waited until I was not sore at all before hitting the same body part, I would work out like twice a week. Somebody enlighten me here.

Sure of course you can work them out, but the smartest thing to do is let your sore/ torn muscle rest and recover. Are you guys taking creatine? stretching, staying hydrated, enough sleep and self massage? It's not really going to benifit you much if your working out with your sore muscle, you can't really give it your all and your going to keep that muscle sore which leads to OVER TRAINING then leads to injury. Your sore muscle won't go away, increased fatigue.

I trained my legs over and over before i went on vacation and i didn't work out for two weeks straght. My muscles grew my weight went up and i got a lot stronger. so with that said REST!
    Last edited by ummmpain; 08-19-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Registered User DMBsAmricanBaby's Avatar
    DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree..
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

HI MISC! RED'S MY FAVORITE COLOR! :D

itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok thanks for the replys.

I just wondered why the thighs would be more sore than any other bodypart?
    You just feel the soreness alot more in your legs because you are walking around on them all day. Do a good shoulder and tricep workout and then walk around on your hands the next day...you'll see what I mean!

Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Howard 6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you have to train your legs to adapt. For me I use to squat 2x a week and I was fine, now that I have gone to once a week I can't imagine doing it twice a week heavy my legs are too sore for awhile.

Originally Posted by Howard 6 View Post
    I think you have to train your legs to adapt. For me I use to squat 2x a week and I was fine, now that I have gone to once a week I can't imagine doing it twice a week heavy my legs are too sore for awhile.
    yeah going 2x the most because when your hitting your squads i'm pretty sure most of us here hit them hard. When you hit that hard your gonna be needing some time to rest doing it once a week is totaly understandable.

Wink

I am not new to lifting and hav been training for about 8 months (incuding legs). Anyway I am doing legs again today and see what i feel like tomorrow.

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    training legs twice a week seems counterproductive to me but ohwell

anywho im never sore the day after legs. day 2 and 3 after legs is when im crippled

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok. New question then. I have read on here that soreness is not an indicator of a good workout. I do know that your muscles grow because you tear them down and they build back up stronger. I guess you guys are saying that the muscles are sore because they have been "torn down" by a workout.

This all together indicates to me that if I don't have DOMS after a workout, I didn't do enough. Hrm...I'm all confused on this, now.

Also, does creatine keep me from being sore? Guess I need to read up on that...

Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post
    Ok. New question then. I have read on here that soreness is not an indicator of a good workout. I do know that your muscles grow because you tear them down and they build back up stronger. I guess you guys are saying that the muscles are sore because they have been "torn down" by a workout.

This all together indicates to me that if I don't have DOMS after a workout, I didn't do enough. Hrm...I'm all confused on this, now.

Also, does creatine keep me from being sore? Guess I need to read up on that...

No its not a good sign of a good work out, its a sign of over training and doing too much.

Creatine helps repair your muscle after a hard and heavy work out. Nothing can help you from being sore except for youself. you gotta learn when to stop and by doing that know how many sets and reps you should do. Maybe lowering the weight till your muscles get use to it? Creatine is the SH*T

No its not a good sign of a good work out, its a sign of over training and doing too much.

Creatine helps repair your muscle after a hard and heavy work out. Nothing can help you from being sore except for youself. you gotta learn when to stop and by doing that know how many sets and reps you should do. Maybe lowering the weight till your muscles get use to it? Creatine is the SH*T
    wow do you just pick **** out of a hat when you offer "advice"? it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about, so why even bother trying to answer his question?

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I hit legs once per week I'm sore all the time. When I hit them twice per week, MUCH less DOMS.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).