Closed Thread
    H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rhodiola Rosea????

Hi, I was just reading a Men's Fitness magazine and they had a supplement in there called "RHODIOLA."
    It is a adaptogen that is also known as the "artic root" or "golden root" it is grown high in the Siberian moutains, it was researched extensively by the Russian scientific establishment during the Cold War in an effort to give soviet Olympic athletes an edge over the rest of the world. The research shows that after taking rhodiola athletes experienced enhanced VO2 max,endurance,mental performance, and fat burning. It says that the dosage should be 100-300mg per day with no side effects. It says that it is a $30 for a one month supply for RHODIOLA ROSEA.

SO has anyone ever heard of this supplement??? please post up your thougths and opinions on this

Thanks
    "A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."
    -Charles Darwin

MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you are interested in purchasing this supplement, buy it online at beyond - a - century . com

P.S. Not spam. I just know that it is available there.

aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aledef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    another crapy product...
    go there and buy it all
    Up the Irons!

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any more input on rhodiola?
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out g e t d e i s e l . net it has some info. Looks like an interesting supplement . I think i'm going to try it.

puty_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have tried Rhodiola twice with the worst ever results among the several other supplements I'm taking.
    I'm a road race cyclist from italy and being caught by all the research and hype about the product I wanted to give it a try.
    Just from the beginning I experienced a sense of weakness and
    numbness that in the following days seriously hampered my training. I can say I never had such a low performance as in that period.
    I thought I was sick so i increased the dosage and as a result my performance was even poorer Quite frustrated, i then quit Rhodiola and everything reversed like before. Still not convinced i tried later another brand, the hype behind the product was so strong i couldn't admit i was not going to have any benefit, but again, problems re surfaced. I had a similar performance drop with another touted herb, namely Siberian Ginseng. I don't know if i'm allergic or not, i do take other helpful herbs and supplements for my cycling activity none of which produced similar harmful reactions. Now i'm just beginning to take Cordyceps, looking to start with Humanovar soon.
    Hope it may help.

Phil

Constitutionist/Masculist Purge's Avatar
    Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Rhodiola.....

This crap has been included in one of those new Myostat Blockers that have popped up in the last few months, so you know just how effective it'll be.

H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow that was a blast from the past lol, one of my older screen names lol.

shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100)
    Rhodiola has general health benefits, but no application specific to bodybuilding... might as well just take a multivitamin.

From testosterone magazine:

In a study sponsored in part by the American Phytotherapy Research Laboratory, a company with ties to the marketers of such supplements as Oxydrene and Ripping Gel, the herb rhodiola rosea was tested along with a stabilized oxygenated supplement in water to determine if either of these two could positively affect blood oxygenation in people put in a simulated environment of 15,000 feet altitude. Typically at this altitude, altitude sickness occurs and the treatment given (for prevention mostly) is acetazolamide and dexamethasone.
    It's important to recognize that the rhodiola herb used is also in the supplement Oxydrene. The study participants had to breath hypoxic air for an hour (13.6% oxygen balanced nitrogen at an ******t barometric temperature of 633 torr). The study participants did this breathing (hypoxic air) for three treatments and took the supplements for seven days.
    The results strongly indicate that neither the placebo nor the two supplements tested had any effects on blood oxygenation levels (PaO2 and SaO2). The only thing that the study authors noted was that they found a valid method of simulating altitude. Based on this, it appears that rhodiola containing supplements only make the wallet lighter without having any benefit to the consumer.

David

AliveGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by shpongled
    In a study sponsored in part by the American Phytotherapy Research Laboratory, a company with ties to the marketers of such supplements as Oxydrene and Ripping Gel .... It's important to recognize that the rhodiola herb used is also in the supplement Oxydrene.
    Funny what some companies do to create a wonder drug.

About 70% of the published studies on this substance are primarily from Russia, from many of the same scientist...wasn't Methoxy from the same place/circumstances? Most of that research is not even relevant to the product claims also, as it is research for a wide range of reasons.

There is very little literature about this substance, and none that would suggest it is a cost effective preformance enhancer. I would be weary of any supplement that would contain this drug. Some may just throw it into a cocktail to look cutting edge...but beware of the front.

Off topic...what are your specific goals? Im sure that there are many more cost effective, proven and reliable products that could be used to meet those. Let us know what it is that you would want soemthign like this for.
    Last edited by AliveGuy; 02-01-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cr4zYH3aD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can check out SISU website about their rhodiola, i think its a well respected company
    As You Think, So Shall You Become - Bruce Lee | But it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. - Rocky Balboa |
    Are we affected only by our outward experience or are there other worlds that affect us? Hidden worlds -- that exist in the heart and in the blood. We are shaped by our experience, both within and without, present and past... and we pass those experiences on in our blood, giving birth to new generations and sometimes... new worlds.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow strong bump
    I want to touch the butt.

Gangsta of Pantslessness Cletus99's Avatar
    Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read about it in Flex myself. Apparently it reduces cortisol (which supposedly eats up muscle tissue). The best selling supp with this stuff in it according to bb.com is Gaspari Superpump 250 which I'm currently trying and doing 2 hour workouts with. I get through em very strong but feel like I crash somewhat afterwards. Will have to try another week or two to know if it's the Superpump. Make of it what you will...

Oh, lol...didn't see we were reviving a thread from 03...
    BEEFCAKE!

Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Seamless View Post
    wow strong bump
    this

lol
    **Fav Sup Companies**
    Athletic Edge Nutrition
    Fusion Bodybuilding
    NOW Foods

BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKenn01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been using the Rhodiola by Now for about a year now. I can tell you I would never give this up. I started taking for my anxieties and stress and found a wonderful side effect I was not expecting. It dramatically improves your performance in the Bed Room. Mainly in the area of Stamina. As I said I was not expecting this out of the product nor was it the reason I purchased it. I later did some research and found that it has been used for improved Sexual performance for centuries. It may give you some jitters at first though. Stick with it.

Codeguru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started taking the stuff these past two weeks. As far as energy goes, yeah, it's through the roof. I can only imagine what it would do in bed. An unfortunate fact that brings me to the main topic of my post, it helps tremendously in approaching people and conversing. No magical powers involved, it just makes me not really give a crap about the result. Especially when conversing with girls. There are a billion or so women, and now when I see one alone, I talk to her, whereas before I wouldn't. Let's me get in the practice I need to progress. I am actually looking forward to this coming fall semester at college. It should be a lot more interesting with this herbal stuff.

Higoshi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm using Rhodiola for some time now. I think more of it as a supplement to reduce stress and keep relaxed, concentrated and improve recovery. I notice improvements in performance, but I would only use it post-workout.

Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000) Geoforce is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Higoshi View Post
    I'm using Rhodiola for some time now. I think more of it as a supplement to reduce stress and keep relaxed, concentrated and improve recovery. I notice improvements in performance, but I would only use it post-workout.
    OP was waiting 14 years on this post. Now he said he feels confident enough to snatch it up.

Droidgunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Greetings from 2019