DaveVesp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking and fat loss

Hi, the names Dave and i'm somewhat new to nutrition and excercise. First of all, i'd like to say how much I admire all you guys who sacrificed, stayed focused and gave their 100% to get in great shape. Oh yeah and ofcoarce always offering a helping hand to those who have similar goals. I admire and thank you all.

Ok so...

Weight:173 (Maybe one or two pounds more or less.)
    Height:5'4 (Might be alittle taller now.)
    BF%: 17.5-19% (Used a hand grip test.)
    LBM = 137.76 Lbs

TARGET BF%: 7-9%

My upper and lower body are quite muscular, people always ask me if I lift weights and I never did. For example i've always had big forearms and i've always had those buldges between my shoulder and head (Traps?). I would say my skeletal structure is quite thick. However, Most of my fat is on my midsection covering my abs completely.

I wan't you guys to critique this cutting plan, I don't want to bulk after losing body fat cause I believe i'm already muscular enough under my fat. Maybe alittle more definition coulden't hurt though. So here it is...

Tuesdays and fridays are the only days I lift at nighttime (Cardio in the morning.). I don't split my muscle groups for the reason stated above I just do full body workouts so I don't lose any muscle tissue due to cardio or what not. the rest of the days I do 45 minute HIIT cardio sessions with my break on sunday.

Supplements:

ON's Whey Protein (with water)
    L-glutamine
    Multi Vitamine
    Vitamine C
    Udo's Choice Omega 3-6-9 fats oil blend
    Cytoplex MRP

Heres an example of what I would eat on solely cardio days (Monday,Wedsday,Thursday,Saturday)

(2200 calories more or less)

10:00: Wake Up

10:30: Protein shake, 1 cup 1% milk, oatmeal, 2 multi vitamines, 1000mg vitamine C, 5g L-glutamine

1:30: 2.5 oz chicken breast, 1 slice of whole weat bread with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter, 3/4 cup of mixed vegetables (Or a Cytoplex MRP)

3:30: 2 oz chicken breast, 1 potato, 2oz tomato, 2 oz cucumber, 1/2 tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 fatty oil (Supplement is called udo's choice)

6:30: Protein shake, 2oz tomato, 2oz cucumber, 1/2 tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 fatty oil (Or A Cytoplex MRP, keeping omega oils.)

7:30: Cardio 45 min HIIT

9:00: Can of tuna, 4.5 oz of broccoli, 1 tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 fatty oil, 5g L Glutamine.

12:30 - 1:30: Sleep (8 hours sleep more or less average.)

------

Heres an example of what I would eat on weight lifting added days (Minor changes).

(tuesday, Friday)

(2200 calories more or less)

9:00: Wake Up

9:15: Cardio 45 min HIIT cardio

10:30: Protein shake, 1 cup 1% milk, oatmeal, bananna , 2 multi vitamines, 1000mg vitamine C, 5g L-glutamine

1:30: 3 oz chicken breast, 1 slice of whole weat bread with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter, 3/4 cup of mixed vegetables (Or a Cytoplex MRP)

3:30: 3 oz chicken breast, 1 1/2 potato, 2oz tomato, 2 oz cucumber, 1/2 tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 fatty oil (Supplement is called udo's choice)

6:30: Protein shake, 2oz tomato, 2oz cucumber, 1/2 tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 fatty oil, 5g L-glutamine (Or A Cytoplex MRP, keeping omega oils.)

7:30: Full Body Workout

9:00: Can of tuna, 4.5 oz of broccoli, 1 tablespoon of omega 3-6-9 fatty oil, 5g L-glutamine.

12:30 - 1:30: Sleep (8 hours sleep more or less average.)

Comments: I drink a crap load of water a day, maybe 3 or 4 litres or so. Basically I keep my diet balanced between protein, starchy carbs, fibrouse carbs and good fats. After 6:00 I eat no starchy carbs. I try to eat every 2-3 hours. The cytoplex MRP is rarely used, usually only on lifting days. I eat alittle more calories on lifting days as you see, I added a choice for fruit in the morning and up'd my carb servings as well as an extra 5g of L-glutamine before the workout. but basically i didn't durastically change anything.

On my full body work outs I use my bowflex, heavy weights and low reps with two set's for each excercise.

Excercise includes:

Bench press
    Bicep Curls
    Weighted Ab crunches

etc...

I stick to compund muscle groups since my goal isn't to gain any muscle, just to loose fat and looked ripped. Like I said I don't wan't to be a short bulldogish muscle man. I just wan't to lose fat retain muscle and maybe get some definition. I don't want to be a bodybuilder I just want to look ripped and lean.

So what you guys think, constructive critisism or any comments or feelings are highly appreciated.

-----

<<< This was the post I posted yesterday, obviously it contains my routine. My question is... I've heard that alcohol hinders gains and muscle mass etc... But what about for fat loss? Let's say with that routine, sunday being an off day, I have about 4 or 5 vodka tonics on saturday at night instead of a cheat meal. Will it severely harm my fat loss process, I mean i'm sure all that diet and excercise must overpower one single controled night of having fun right? Will I eventually succeed in getting cut with following my routine on saturday (including cardio and diet) Maybe eat a bit less calories considering ill be drinking at night, then taking sunday as rest day and just eating right on sunday? THX! Remember I don't want to be a hardcore bodybuilder, I just wan't to look lean and keep a low body fat % maybe 7-9...

Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Well

when you ingest alcohol... your body must first burn it off before it burns off calories.

So that means that yes... it would negatively impact fat loss. Also remember it takes the average person an hour to burn off 1 ounce of alcohol so if you had 5 vodka tonics and were just laying around it would take roughly 5 hours to burn it off.

Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000) Apollo3000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you do HIIT cariod for 45 minutes?

1.yes i do it for 45 min 6 times a week HIIT, my parents freak out hehe... I have very good endurance.

2.Im just asking if a six pack is possible with a few drinks on saturday I mean you got to be able to achieve that with one night of fun right?

3.What If I did another session of cardio on sunday to burn off the calories?

wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000) wade1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, for all practical purposes, you can add the alcohol in as simple calories and burn them off (with exercise, metabolism, etc), but I highly recommend drinking diet tonic water with vodka, so you don't get any extra empty calories than the vodka. If you go that route, a general estimate is that in one drink (one they'd serve you in a bar, not one you'd make yourself, haha), the vodka will run you about 70 or 80 calories.

On a side note, though, while the liver is processing alcohol, it makes the alcohol the #1 priority. Even if you are running a caloric deficit, your body will not (or will hardly) convert any stored fats to energy until your body cleans its system of alcohol.

For that reason, I save my drinking for truly good occasions, so as not to hinder the progress I've made elsewhere.

Hmmm, ok so let's say it takes 5 hours for my body to burn off the alcohol calories and in the morning I do cardio, simply... My metabo converting fat into energy will resume on sunday after morning cardio right?

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DaveVesp
    1.yes i do it for 45 min 6 times a week HIIT, my parents freak out hehe... I have very good endurance.
    45 minutes of HIIT is pretty catabolic in my mind. What is your RHR? What does it reach at the HI part? What does it bottum out to on the LI part? What is your HI:LI ratio? Does 45 minutes include warmup and cooldown?

Not only does your body stop processing calories while alcohol is in your system, but it also messes with your hormones for up to 48 hours after the last drink as well.

Read some of these:http://bodybuilding.com/cgi-bin/perl...g=en&q=alcohol

Remember: you don't need alcohol to have fun, you only need it to f*** fat chicks.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red face

A really good binge every now and again will suck all the extra water out of your system (hangover) and make you think you've lost more than you really have.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    5 drinks once per week is not going to undo a good diet and exercise program. As you get closer to your bf% goal you will find it to be much harder. At that point you may decide those drinks aren't really worth it.

Good Luck!

I hope you are someplace where you can't drive after those five drinks.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my 8 week cutting journal. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

Yes it includes 5 minutes warm up and five minutes warm down.

thx for all the info guys