Okauroz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want to gain strength with what weights I have

I have two adjustable dumbbells with four 7.5 pound weights and four 2.5 pound weights between them. Right now that seems to be adequete for what I've tried, which is mostly arm/shoulder stuff, but I don't really know.
    ----------------
    Your age: 15 almost 16
    -
    Your height and weight: About 5 foot 6 inches, about 105 pounds. (gaining weight fairly fast, I think. Doubt it's muscle, though.)
    -
    Your Body fat % (if possible, dont just guess if you dont know): Don't know
    -
    How long you have been training (seriously!): Halfheartedly for a while, really started with weights about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
    -
    Your goals (Lose weight, gain weight, improve weak points etc etc): Get a lot stronger, with more endurance, gain muscle weight.
    -
    A breakdown of your current routine (Including split, exercises, sets and reps): I'm just experimenting, really. I try to exercise my arms and shoulders every other day by lifting 15 pound weights, which is a bit heavy for me overall. I can only do about 15 bicep curls max with 15 pounds without resting, and that's me being optimistic. I want to get a full workout eventually that will really improve every area (who doesn't?).
    -
    How long you have been on this same routine: Approx. 1.5 weeks.
    -
    Have you made gains on this routine, and if so in what way (Heavier weights / mass): Don't really know. I'm gaining weight now, but that's mainly just because I'm underweight and have been eating better recently, think.
    -
    What is your diet like: Hmm... I get about 50 grams of protein a day. I drink lots of milk and eat a good amount of bread. Probably not as much vegetables as I should get, but I get some. No meat.
    -
    Have / are you taking any supplements and/or anabolic agents (optional): Just a multivitamin, and some calcium once in a while.
    -------------------

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks!
    - Okauroz

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi there,

Love your post.

It's very late here, will get back to you.

Can't anyone put a workout plan in for this guy.

Thank you Wayne

Thanks for your post. Can anyone please post up a routine (what to do for each day of the week?) for me to do based on my first post?

Thanks!
    - Okauroz

Originally Posted by waynelucky
    Hi there,

Love your post.

It's very late here, will get back to you.

Can't anyone put a workout plan in for this guy.

Thank you Wayne
    Last edited by Okauroz; 02-28-2005 at 08:33 AM.

Please, guys. I just need you to give me a basic workout based on the info I gave you, and which days to do them and stuff.

Someone?

- Okauroz

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

workout

Hi the Okauroz,

In addition, I am a big high carb. Operate however too many carbs, are not good for gaining size, please if you have been eating a high carb. diet, change it slightly to a higher protein and fat diet, eating six meals a day, or a high calorie shake, if your not a big eater, go for 1 gram of protein per pound of lean bodyfat, try what I did adding calories very slowly, add 100 per week, you need extra calories to grow, however check your bodyfat and weight each week.

All the below is done in the 2/4 periodical, 2 sec up 4 sec. down as we are aiming for a 72 sec. for 12 reps, 72 sec. TUT ( time under tension ) to try a get them muscle growing, hopefully you can take these reps to failure and have forced reps, the higher reps are much harder, However they might be what is needed.

Try this for six week then go to high. Reps 1 x 15, for another six weeks then to low reps 1 x 6.

You need a bar, and some smaller weight, as you need to add a pound to each exercise, each workout, start light to get your form right, nice slow movements.

Workout 1.
    One legged calf raise on a 4-inch block with DB 1 x 15
    Sissy squat with lightweights 1 x 20
    Sissy squat with bodyweight
    DB Squat 1 x 20
    DB Shrugs 1 x 12
    Lateral raise 1 x 12
    Upright row 1 x 12
    DB Shoulder press 1 x12
    DB rows
    Straight-armed Fly’s 1 x 12
    Decline DB bench press 1 x 12
    DB Triceps extension 1 x12
    Seated DB twisting curls 1 x 12

3 days rest

Workout 2
    DB Squat 1 x 20
    DB Dead lift 1 x 12
    DB Shrugs 1 x 12
    One-legged Calf raises on a 4-inch block with DB 1 x 12
    DB Straight armed pullover 1 x 12
    DB Bent armed pullover 1 x 12
    DB Bench press 1 x 12
    DB Shoulder press 1 x12
    DB Triceps extension 1 x12
    Chin ups 1 x 12
    Seated DB twisting curls 1 x 12
    DB Wrist curl 1 x 12
    Sit ups 1 x 12

Think I got that right it’s late here, damn it’s 1.25

Sissy squat with dumbbells: Have a long four-inch- high block upon which you can
    place your heels firmly. If you have a slippery gym floor, nail the block to a
    wide undersupport to prevent motion. In any case the block must not move and
    neither should your feet. Grasp a pair of light dumbbells with hanging arms.
    Arrange your heels upon the block so that they are almost shoulder- width apart.
    The dumbbells should now be hanging behind your buttocks. Your knees should be
    slightly bent and your body should be balanced.

Bend your knees slowly and lean your upper body backward at the same time.
    Descend as far as you can without losing your balance. Keep your hips thrust
    forward and your torso in line with your thighs. Raise your body by
    straightening your legs, but do not lock your knees. Keep them bent at the top.
    Begin the next repetition at once. Continue for eight to twelve non- stop,
    nonlock repetitions. Place the dumbbells on the floor and immediately do sissy
    squats with your bodyweight.

Sissy squat with bodyweight.. Perform the identical exercise as above, using the
    same heel and hand placement except without the dumbbells. Do at least twenty
    repetitions without weight and at a slightly faster tempo. But do not increase
    the speed of the movement to the point where the depth of the squat- ting is
    decreased. Get a full, complete motion with each repetition. Halfway through the
    last set you should have one of the darnedest burns in your frontal thighs
    you've ever felt.

People can learn a great deal from the study of Greek mythology. The legendary
    Hercules inspires us with his muscular size. Apollo makes a lasting impression
    on us with his symmetry. Sisyphus teaches us about building us massive thighs.
    Hey, wait a minute!" You say.

"Sure, i know about Hercules and Apollo, but who's this guy Sisyphus?"

Sisyphus, as the legend goes, was the king of Corinth. He ruled with a harsh
    hand and soon became wealthy and greedy. The people he ruled eventually
    revolted, and the captured king was condemned to carrying a big stone up a steep
    mountain. When Sisyphus was almost to the top, invariably something would happen
    and the stone would come crashing down to the bottom. Sisyphus was doomed never
    to accomplish his mission, since the stone always rolled back down.

While Sisyphus was paying his debt to society, he was also building the finest
    pair of legs in ancient Corinth. The layback of his body as he angled up the
    mountain cradling the burden of a heavy weight no doubt caused his thighs to
    grow to gigantic size. Thanks to his massive legs and the indirect work he
    received on his upper body, Sisyphus could have probably become the first Mr.
    Greece.

Thousands of years later in the 1950s, several California
    bodybuilders-with-development problems, and a love of Greek mythology-saw in the
    Sisyphean torture a great muscle-building potential. They put two and two
    together, and that togetherness resulted in the modem, though often ignored,
    sissy squat. I first heard the sissy squat in 1960. Several articles in muscle
    magazines described this new technique and featured the outstanding legs of
    Steve Reeves, Doug Strohl, Reg Levvis, and Monty Wogord. I tried this unusual
    method of squatting, suffered through it, and gained over an inch on my thighs
    in less than three weeks. Believe me; the sissy squat is certainly not for
    sissies! It is one of the most demanding exercises you can do for your thighs.

The sissy squat more than any barbell or dumbbell exercise isolates your quads
    by removing most of the involvement of the buttocks. Other squatting exercises
    involve rotation around the knees, hips, and lower back. The sissy squat
    concentrates on knee rotation only. This is accomplished by angling your body
    backward, rather than forward.

Thank you Wayne

Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kris84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A few quick pointers for gaining muscle / weight:

Eat heaps, but not heaps of junk food. You know, pasta, chicken, rice, etc.

Drink a couple of litres of water every day

Do the BIG movents, like -

Bench press (you may have to do slow pushups for now if you dont have a bench.) When you can do more then 10 pushups you might have to wear a back pack with a few weights in it?? Dunno if that would work.

Chinups, front or reverse grip. Sure the bicep curls are good but chins will work bi's AND lats.

Dips, dip between a couple of solid chairs or something

Dumbell Shoulder presses

Squats, but you really need a bar. You could just do bodyweight squats for now.

Have a look around here and around www.bodybuilding.com for tons of info..

BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbellSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey welcome to bodybuilding. i hope u did sum research on: exercises, supplements, routines, muscles. well if im good at math, u can only afford two 20lbs DB...thats not a lot but good for a starter.

first of all, if u are really serious about bodybuilding, you shouler consider going to a real gym. i mean going any thing with more weights (YMCA is good for a starter). But...u are only 15, your body isnt really develop enough to train hardcore. but hey... its good to see someone starting BBin...for now..i would suggest just doing low weights exercise until u are 17-18. and u are around 100lbs?...you really need to eat more at least 130 gram of protein per day..and a good 2000 carbs for a starter...

for the exercises, you should target muscle like : bicep, tricep, abs, shoulers, chest. i dont think u should start doing your back nor leg bcuz this may effect ur growth...so u dont want to be a 5'6 shorty for ever...( like me..but thats only bcuz of genetic)

routine : start off with a full bodypart routine, 3 days a week, working ur bicep, tricep, abs, shoulers, chest:

Chest: DB bench press 2*12
    DB flyes 2*8

Biceps : Hammer curl 2*10
    DB curl 2*12

Tricep: tricep extention 2*10
    dips 2*10

Shoulders: arnold press 2*8
    shoulder press 2*8

abs: crunches 5*20

Calves : calf raise with DB in hand 2*12

i dont think u are overtrainin bcuz u wont use a lot of weights. this should not last than one hour. if u are not familier with the exercises, well heres a link:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm . you can go down and type out the exercises mention above.

Make sure u are gettin enough sleep for ur muscle to grow, more than 8 hours. eat a lot more, a good 5 meals per day will do the trick...if u have extra money, you can spend it on protein shakes. its really good, makin sure u get all the protein u need , heres a link http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

and train hard, never give up on ur dreams

good luck