Closed Thread
Page 218 of 340 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,540 of 10171
    all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by icanflynucant View Post
    Quick question. I have done abs on both my workout days and my off days. Which would you recommend to be better? On off days I can do my workout with more weights, and I can do more sets. But on the workout days, I know my abs are getting worked out pretty hard. Wouldn't five days of working out the abs be over-training or can that muscle group take all that beating?
    Off days at first. After a while you can try doing them AFTER the work out.
    To answer your second question, yes training abs 5 days a week is going to over train them. They aren't some magical muscle group, they are the largest single muscle group in the human body and they react to training the same way all of the others do.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    not true. post #272 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post265206551

I always do them at the end of my workouts. I like my "off" days to be OFF.
    Originally Posted by DrDarton View Post
    Damn, I thought for sure somewhere in these hundreds of pages in this thread I read a couple times where he said to do the ab work on your off days...

Thanks for pointing that out Brandi
    I always suggest that people start out training them on their off days especially if they're doing cardio. Eventually everyone should try to train them at the end of the work out. Some people don't have the work capacity in the beginning to do them any justice at the end of the work out and that just makes it pointless to try.
    Last edited by all pro; 11-20-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Mihkelk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihkelk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on cycle 2 week..3 now, light day tomorrow. Just wondering, I'm doing this on a cut, well getting back on track again, and was wondering if anyone here does HIIT with this? I mean, HIIT would work along with this and wouldn't stop my gains at the gym, right? Or am I going to have to just find out? Probs gonna try HIIT again next week, loved it when I did it last time.

Oh, and is it good to do HIIT with quite cold weather outside? Getting cold around here, damn.

Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Path2Strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mihkelk View Post
    I'm on cycle 2 week..3 now, light day tomorrow. Just wondering, I'm doing this on a cut, well getting back on track again, and was wondering if anyone here does HIIT with this? I mean, HIIT would work along with this and wouldn't stop my gains at the gym, right? Or am I going to have to just find out? Probs gonna try HIIT again next week, loved it when I did it last time.

Oh, and is it good to do HIIT with quite cold weather outside? Getting cold around here, damn.
    aye, getting cold around here too. I don't think the temp should effect you much though, properly warmed up you shouldn't even feel the cold.

I can't see why HIIT would be a problem as opposed to reg sustained cardio, I'd like to add it in after my first cycle (starting this prg tomorrow), of course this isn't my routine so I can't say for sure if it would cause any issues.
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Originally Posted by Mihkelk View Post

I prefer HIIT to regular cardio. You will probably find that the reduced calories cause more issues than HIIT.

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Standing rows are better than shrugs an easier to change the weight on then pull ups. And yes, after 2 cycles go ahead and add ONE exercise and see what happens.
    And I should just implement them like any other exercise in the program?

Are they the same thing as upright rows?

Mihkelk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihkelk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I prefer HIIT to regular cardio. You will probably find that the reduced calories cause more issues than HIIT.
    Alright, thanks a lot man.

Originally Posted by yup123 View Post
    And I should just implement them like any other exercise in the program?

Are they the same thing as upright rows?
    Yes, add them just like everything else. And yes standing row, upright row are the same thing. Do not let your elbows go above your shoulders. Screw that up and there will be rotator cuff surgery in your future.

budnik22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All Pro -

I'm currently training for some triathlons and looking to blend this program into that training. i know they can be somewhat contradictory goals, but I want to get cut for the first time in my life, while also training for some races next year. here is my current routine:

M: AM - Run, PM - Heavy Lift
    T: AM - Bike, PM - Swim
    W: AM- Run, PM - Medium Lift
    Th: AM - Bike, PM - Swim
    F: AM - Run, PM - Light Lift
    Sa: 2 hours of swim, bike, run mix
    Su: Rest

aside from being difficult to do, and maybe hampering some recovery time, any issues with what I'm doing. I love doing 1 hr of cardio each morning to kick start my day, and I do weights/swim in the evenings as those tend to knock me out. Saturdays i spend a few hours outdoors, running, biking, etc.

also, which supplements are essential? protein and ? I'm not huge on supplements, many i've seen are heavy in chemicals and calories, and I really prefer to keep things as "natural" as possible. that said, I'm open to safe supplements that truly work.

bamswg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is anyone can help me, what exercises and how to get a 6 pack stomach?
    Trying to learn and practise...
    http://musclemass.co.cc/

Originally Posted by bamswg View Post
    is anyone can help me, what exercises and how to get a 6 pack stomach?
    6 pack stomach = low bodyfat, low bodyfat = diet + exercise, Diet = important, heavy lifting = important, cardio = not that important, just helps.

Do all that, CORRECTLY and consistently, and enjoy your sixpack.

SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This has probably been posted a few times, but I made a sweet Excel document to keep track of this workout. I was so pumped I fiugured out how to do the IF function and it will just tell you "bar" if the weight is less than 45 pounds for the warm ups. Let me know if it needs any other improvements. I'm just getting back into the gym after taking many months off, so this program will be great for me.

Edit: all you have to do is enter in your workout 1 amounts into the highlighted box and it calculates every other total for you. i.e. the 90 percent wieght on wo 2 and the 80 percent on wo 3.
    Attached Files

Originally Posted by budnik22 View Post
    All Pro -

I'm currently training for some triathlons and looking to blend this program into that training. i know they can be somewhat contradictory goals, but I want to get cut for the first time in my life, while also training for some races next year. here is my current routine:

M: AM - Run, PM - Heavy Lift
    T: AM - Bike, PM - Swim
    W: AM- Run, PM - Medium Lift
    Th: AM - Bike, PM - Swim
    F: AM - Run, PM - Light Lift
    Sa: 2 hours of swim, bike, run mix
    Su: Rest

aside from being difficult to do, and maybe hampering some recovery time, any issues with what I'm doing. I love doing 1 hr of cardio each morning to kick start my day, and I do weights/swim in the evenings as those tend to knock me out. Saturdays i spend a few hours outdoors, running, biking, etc.

also, which supplements are essential? protein and ? I'm not huge on supplements, many i've seen are heavy in chemicals and calories, and I really prefer to keep things as "natural" as possible. that said, I'm open to safe supplements that truly work.
    Be extremely mindful of recovery. That means lots of sleep, rest, sufficient clean calories and yes you will need some supplements. Double the vitamin, mineral and antioxidant stack of your non training counter parts and creatine, N-Large2, Pure protein, glucosamine just to name the bare minimum for what your doing.

Originally Posted by SirBush View Post
    This has probably been posted a few times, but I made a sweet Excel document to keep track of this workout. I was so pumped I fiugured out how to do the IF function and it will just tell you "bar" if the weight is less than 45 pounds for the warm ups. Let me know if it needs any other improvements. I'm just getting back into the gym after taking many months off, so this program will be great for me.

Edit: all you have to do is enter in your workout 1 amounts into the highlighted box and it calculates every other total for you. i.e. the 90 percent wieght on wo 2 and the 80 percent on wo 3.
    Thank you. I wish I could get the programing right on the those things.

Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Im far from a puter wizard...the program says its read only....how do I go about editing that?

My GST & Madcow Adventure (Madcow's Starts on pg 17): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=130591083

Starting over again, an SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147132983&pagenumber=

Leangains.com
    http://examine.com/leangains-faq/
    Bodyrecomposition.com

SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirBush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jasonpan View Post
    Im far from a puter wizard...the program says its read only....how do I go about editing that?
    Hmmm, make sure you are saving it to your computer and not just opening it. Other than that I'm not sure. I downloaded it from the post I made and it worked. Hopefully that should do it though.

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey everyone. Just started working out again and I see how it recommends cardio and abs on off days. My problem...what should I do for cardio and abs? I'm not sure on some good basic abs exercises and what kind of cardio should I do? HIIT? Jog for 30 minutes...how long should the cardio itself be? I'm 5'8'' 172 pounds, average sized guy (not fat, but not ripped). Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm, make sure you are saving it to your computer and not just opening it. Other than that I'm not sure. I downloaded it from the post I made and it worked. Hopefully that should do it though.
    yeah i was just opening it...like i said...far from a puter wizard...thanks!!

My GST & Madcow Adventure (Madcow's Starts on pg 17): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=130591083

Starting over again, an SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147132983&pagenumber=

Leangains.com
    Bodyrecomposition.com

F1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arching back on Dumbbell shoulder press.

Hi allpro,

I completed week 3 heavy day today. All exercises were competed with 2 sets of 10.

The problem I had that one the 2nd work set of dumbbell shoulder press I *had* to arch my back in order to complete the final 2 reps. I tried to keep the arch as small as possible, but I could fell a small amount of pain/stress down the middle of my back. I could fell this small amount of pain for a short time after the exercise.

My question is should I continue to use the same weight, lower the weight, start back at 8 reps?

I'm doing this seated, without back support.

Thanks.

Also I'm pushing the db's straight up (not making them touch). And I was trying to keep my back flat/natural through-out (i.e. chest wasn't out).
    Last edited by F1N; 11-21-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My 4 months of strict diet went down the drain in the last two days. I went to Philly for duty, this is my first time doing this type of mission therefore i don't know what to expect therefore i couldn't prepare or know what i should bring. So i brought 10 bags of the Myoplex deluxe but i forgot the mixing container so it doesn't do any good. Beside i am busy all day long and no time to go grab a quick bite. I had my fellow Marine get me breakfast guess what she came back with? McDonald deluxe breakfast i was so hungry and i need the calories to i ate them all knowing it will put fat into my system.

Anyhow, the next day is another super busy day so i skip breakfast and lunch. At night we went to south Philly for the cheese steak. BTW, i had two cheese steak at Gino and Pat. Now i feel really bad because of all the fat i have been eating in the past two days. Tomorrow will be the day to burn off as much calories as possible.

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just completed week 3 and this progresson is starting to make sense. Up 3 lbs!!

At first I thought the medium and light day each week was too much recovery but as the reps go up I understand. Because of carry-over fatigue, medium day wasn't much easier than heavy day and even light day was sort of hard.

The only alteration I made was instead of curls I do underhand grip pull downs.

Originally Posted by F1N View Post
    Hi allpro,

I completed week 3 heavy day today. All exercises were competed with 2 sets of 10.

The problem I had that one the 2nd work set of dumbbell shoulder press I *had* to arch my back in order to complete the final 2 reps. I tried to keep the arch as small as possible, but I could fell a small amount of pain/stress down the middle of my back. I could fell this small amount of pain for a short time after the exercise.

My question is should I continue to use the same weight, lower the weight, start back at 8 reps?

I'm doing this seated, without back support.

Thanks.

Also I'm pushing the db's straight up (not making them touch). And I was trying to keep my back flat/natural through-out (i.e. chest wasn't out).
    1, stop cheating. That's how injuries happen. So what if you can't complete the set. It isn't the end of the world. It just means you'll be using the same weight on the next cycle. If you read through this monster thread you'll see that lots of people have had the same problem with the overhead press. Amazing how much bench press takes out of your triceps and shoulders. So, finish the cycle. Do the best you can with out cheating. Don't change the weight or the rep scheme. You will probably have to use the same weight on the next cycle. Welcome to weight lifting.

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1, stop cheating. That's how injuries happen. So what if you can't complete the set. It isn't the end of the world. It just means you'll be using the same weight on the next cycle. If you read through this monster thread you'll see that lots of people have had the same problem with the overhead press. Amazing how much bench press takes out of your triceps and shoulders. So, finish the cycle. Do the best you can with out cheating. Don't change the weight or the rep scheme. You will probably have to use the same weight on the next cycle. Welcome to weight lifting.
    I found barbell much easier to do and help improve the strength. I never have any problem keeping my back straight consider i went from 75lbs starting now i am able to handle 125lbs.

F1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep I had read that bench press takes a lot out of shoulder press, but wasn't sure what to do next.

Thanks for the quick reply.

sagarthegreat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Kewl man...Works like a charm.althoug, im now deprived of my mental wokout of calculating those values realtime, while pumping iron ;-)

ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironryan1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    My 4 months of strict diet went down the drain in the last two days. I went to Philly for duty, this is my first time doing this type of mission therefore i don't know what to expect therefore i couldn't prepare or know what i should bring. So i brought 10 bags of the Myoplex deluxe but i forgot the mixing container so it doesn't do any good. Beside i am busy all day long and no time to go grab a quick bite. I had my fellow Marine get me breakfast guess what she came back with? McDonald deluxe breakfast i was so hungry and i need the calories to i ate them all knowing it will put fat into my system.

Anyhow, the next day is another super busy day so i skip breakfast and lunch. At night we went to south Philly for the cheese steak. BTW, i had two cheese steak at Gino and Pat. Now i feel really bad because of all the fat i have been eating in the past two days. Tomorrow will be the day to burn off as much calories as possible.
    dont beat urself up to much brah, a cheat meal every now an then keeps u sane, and wont do squat to ur progress, unless ur preparing for a comp next week.
    dont feel u have to do EXTRA cardio to burn it off, else all you'll be burning is hard earned muscle. just get back on track as soon as u can, consistency is the key mate

kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All Pro

I am new to weight lifting and I am currently on week 3 of your routine, so far so good.

I keep track of the weights I lift by what I put on one side of the barbell. For example, I put 25 lbs on each side of the barbell when I bench press, thats what I write down in my log.

My question is how do I compute the 10% that I need to add next cycle.
    1.1*25 lbs is 27.5 lbs so the next cycle is 27.5 lbs per side
    or
    considering the total weight Im lifting (including the 45lb bar), so 1.1*95 = 104.5 lbs, which would mean about 30 lbs per side

can you please tell me which way I should use?

Originally Posted by kaiosama View Post
    All Pro

I am new to weight lifting and I am currently on week 3 of your routine, so far so good.

I keep track of the weights I lift by what I put on one side of the barbell. For example, I put 25 lbs on each side of the barbell when I bench press, thats what I write down in my log.

or
    considering the total weight Im lifting (including the 45lb bar), so 1.1*95 = 104.5 lbs, which would mean about 30 lbs per side

Include the bar in your measurements

Leangains.com
    Bodyrecomposition.com

hcelizondo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry forgot the curls

Cycle 1 W4 heavy day. challenging but i could finish all of the work sets.... but.... I forgot to do the bicep curls :s after my workout when i was logging it i realized it.... so I guess i have a couple of options:
    1) Go back in the afternoon and do them (including 2 warm up sets) anyways I'll go back to play tennis this afternoon or..
    2) skip it which i wouldn't like to....

Originally Posted by kaiosama View Post
    All Pro

or

Originally Posted by Jasonpan View Post
    Include the bar in your measurements
    This.

Closed Thread
Page 218 of 340 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast