Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mir will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've always been a fan of the Met-Rx original (the white box). The formula has always been among the best.
    But the VPX Micellean MRP and the Prolab Lean Mass Matrix MRP have a superior formula over Met-Rx. That's just my opinion though.
    I have not named EAS because I have never tried their products and have never researched their formula.

Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by armz_ha
    prolab's lean mass matrix.
    I second that.
    If you go to a gym, you go there to train, not to clown around! If you want to clown around, go join a circus!

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mir
    I've always been a fan of the Met-Rx original (the white box). The formula has always been among the best.
    But the VPX Micellean MRP and the Prolab Lean Mass Matrix MRP have a superior formula over Met-Rx. That's just my opinion though.
    I have not named EAS because I have never tried their products and have never researched their formula.
    Good stuff!

Jericho-holic Spartan lionheart21's Avatar
    lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionheart21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    VPX Micellean. This stuff is incredible.
    "Courage isn't an absense of fear but a means of dealing with it."-Nelson Mandela

"I don't call myself a living legend cause its a catchy phrase or cause it looks good on a T shirt, no, I say it cause its the truth, and I deserve it."- "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho

RIP Eddie Guerrero, a true champion

RIP George Carlin, my idol

METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) METHOXYBOLAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Met-Rx (White box not Red) Extreme Chocolate!
    Getting bigger every second.

ChiLLaxing in the Gym Str8tStackN's Avatar
    Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Str8tStackN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

No Doubt!

It's basically between these 3 MRP if your going to start incorporating them into your diets:VPX Micellean,Myoplex Deluxe,and Met-Rx.

Kiske has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiske has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lean Mass Matrix (Cinnamon Oatmeal is awesome) and Micellean (Graham Cracker is fantastic).

It gets better with age metal2469's Avatar
    metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Labrada's Lean Body MRP Shakes, good nutrition profile and all the extras.

JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000) JoeDirtBody is just really nice. (+1000)
    looks like i might have to try the VPX micellean

ive tried a bunch at my job(smoothie king)

the best tasting: iron teks micell edge, double fudge
    second best tasting: lean body

best nutrional profile: our own gladiator powder. not at all trying to sell it, but it is very high in aminos, and 5g of glutamine. the nutritional values rival multivitamins. dont taste to great tho but i live with it.
    RON PAUL '08 ronpaul2008.com

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000)
    EAS Myoplex Deluxe, expensive but worth it I think

ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thisguy32154
    My favorite has to be Met-Rx in the White Box. O the good stuff so original and yet so good. They have 37-42 grams of protein of fast and slow digesting which is obviously essential in a MRP. They are also under 300 calories which is good for cutting or bulking you can add it to a small meal or throw in some oats and a banana. My favorite is the vanilla because you can do so much to it. They are really thick which is awesome. But overall this is def. my fav. MRP

I also agree. They are the originators of the MRP. I stay old school. Great taste and it does the job. It's also one of the cheaper MRPS.
    spreading fitness health and aloha on the 9th Island :) follow me on instagram ebone45!!

Not a future_wrestler future_wrestler's Avatar
    future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) future_wrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok im not gonna tell you the best tasting one just because the ones i've tryd have all been terrible unfortunetly but the worst one i've ever had was MHP's Macrobolic nutrition powder....the bars are great but the powder sucks. Ok i think im following the rules by asking this so here it goes....Does Optimum's Casien Chocolate Supreme taste good?
    SWO Crew

moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by admin
    If you had to pick just ONE meal replacement product, what would be the best one?

Please pick product and include the brand. Give your reasons. The best answers will be displayed on the main Bodybuilding.com site for millions of people to see!

(Note: This is not a discussion about how or when to take MRP's, if you should take MRP's, or why some MRP's are NOT good. Just list your absolute favorite MRP product and give your detailed reason.)

My favorite MRP so far is the one by peakbody, it comes in a silver foil sachet, and basically I like it becasue it does not make me feel sick as I am drinking it like a lot of others do, "coff met r x coff coff myoplex coff"

Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just got some of the Lean Mass Matrix Cinnamon Oatmeal flavor - wow that stuff is tasty! 390 calories for a serving - I'm planning on drinking half as a morning snack and half as an afternoon snack, during the week at work. (currently cutting)

themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tried to buy VPX micellean graham cracker.... backorder! So I thought, well, such good reviews about VPX micellean that I'll try the berry blend.

ARGH.

Disappointed to say the least.

Not a post about the best.... more so about what's NOT the best.
    Here's some light reading to get you to sleep:

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=467478[/url]

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by METHOXYBOLAN
    Met-Rx (White box not Red) Extreme Chocolate!
    Agreed.
    Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have tried Myoplex Deluxe, Myoplex (regular), optimum MRP and Met-Rx MRP.
    Met-Rx is the best based on quality, taste and price. You get 37 grams of slow and fast proteins. The vanilla and berry blast taste great almost like yoplait yogurt and you find at $55.00 for 50 packs. Myoplex does taste really good but a little pricey. Optimum is one of the worst tasting MRP I have ever had. YUCK ....STAY AWAY

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy

Met Rx was the best when they had the two part system going way back in the day. Two Scoops of the base and one of the plus...
    I'm just here to learn.

back to the basics RenegadeRows's Avatar
    RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Joel
    EAS Myoplex Deluxe, expensive but worth it I think
    Myoplex is worth it. I prefer the Sport over Deluxe, it has more cals and carbs but not as much protein, and it's cheaper and tastes better!
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING The WAR Against Genetics
    RenegadeRows [@] controlledlabs.com

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cxm
    Met-Rx is the best based on quality, taste and price. You get 37 grams of slow and fast proteins. The vanilla and berry blast taste great almost like yoplait yogurt and you find at $55.00 for 50 packs.
    Glad to hear you like them!
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

Originally Posted by rizay
    Met Rx was the best when they had the two part system going way back in the day. Two Scoops of the base and one of the plus...
    Did you try the new white box MRP's? They are very good...
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cytosport CytoGainer

I've tried Cytosport's CytoGainer in Rocky Road flavor and it tastes GREAT!

Absolute pleasure to drink with water or milk......nice consistency, not too thick or thin.

dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dam225 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Core MRP :-)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/core/mrp.html
    Attached Images

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MCWTRAINER
    Did you try the new white box MRP's? They are very good...
    Yes, I was just reliving the days.

I switch b/t Myoplex Deluxe, Micellean (my favorite) and Met RX as a couple others do.

I recommend Met RX do a few of my clients, men or women...
    I'm just here to learn.

Originally Posted by rizay
    Yes, I was just reliving the days.

I switch b/t Myoplex Deluxe, Micellean (my favorite) and Met RX as a couple others do.

I recommend Met RX do a few of my clients, men or women...
    Good to hear! Thanks bro!
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ive tried vpx vanilla and mypolex deluxe strawberry....

the nutritional facts on both are really good, the taste.... not so much. the strawberry is better than the vanilla, and being as the strawberry is terrible, it isnt saying much.

ergopharm mass meal tastes incredible, but the nutritional profile isnt that great,but it is more of a mass gainer than a meal replacment.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

philiberto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Prolab's Lean Mass Matrix or VPX Micellean

Lean Mass Matrix Cinn/Oatmeal tastes great, has 390 healthy calories, and it mixes well (I use a shaker).

VPX Micellean is also great. It does not mix as well due to the ground flax seeds that settle to the bottom, but after a quick shake, they are floating around for a few seconds (drink fast!!). This stuff is nothing but very good ingredients. Graham Cracker is the best, but as mentioned before, is often on back order.

With either of these you will have a sustained amount of protein and whole grain carbs in your system. Can't beat these two with any other products, as a "hard gainer" believe me I know.

nyfinessguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Two Factors

Price and Function.

Don't overpay for protein that will not be absorbed. Many MRPs have over 40 grams of Protein, but your body can not absorb that much protein. Especially if you have a high amount of Whey in the product. Quicker protein at high amounts only lead to stomach aches.

Plus, many of these proteins are over priced. They make the formula sound complicated, but contain high amounts of Whey (plus other proteins). Remember Whey is cheaper than Milk Protein (which isn't old school). Marketing has made everyone believe proteins have gotten more complicated. NOT. The refining of proteins has improved but not to a level that helps absorbtion increase enough to provide a better result.

Ask each of these companies about their studies - Not studies that fit into their marketing from old research or barrowed research. Look for the real studies.

MET-Rx and EAS have the studies to back their products. Plus, everyone else copied their formula and added some marketing twist.

Don't complicate these products. Find a product with 30-40 grams of multiple proteins. Take three times a day between high protein/low fat meals and you will get ripped. Not Complicated.

kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nyfinessguy
    Price and Function.

Don't overpay for protein that will not be absorbed. Many MRPs have over 40 grams of Protein, but your body can not absorb that much protein. Especially if you have a high amount of Whey in the product. Quicker protein at high amounts only lead to stomach aches.

Plus, many of these proteins are over priced. They make the formula sound complicated, but contain high amounts of Whey (plus other proteins). Remember Whey is cheaper than Milk Protein (which isn't old school). Marketing has made everyone believe proteins have gotten more complicated. NOT. The refining of proteins has improved but not to a level that helps absorbtion increase enough to provide a better result.

Ask each of these companies about their studies - Not studies that fit into their marketing from old research or barrowed research. Look for the real studies.

MET-Rx and EAS have the studies to back their products. Plus, everyone else copied their formula and added some marketing twist.

Don't complicate these products. Find a product with 30-40 grams of multiple proteins. Take three times a day between high protein/low fat meals and you will get ripped. Not Complicated.
    How do you know what one person can absorb? Do you know there weight? What drugs they're on? How hard do they train (Yoga does not count). Not everyone on this site is a fitness guy, but the body can digest alot of protein even up to 70 grams, Your advise is O.K. but, it is different from one person to another, and if you add milk you just added milk protein and if it is 2% you just slowed down the digestion even more(suggested for bulking season)
    People are impressed with the ants, but they would rather watch the elephants play!

What's under my kilt??...your girlfriends lipstick!

Kilts..men fear them...women love them....

I agree on Some of your points about taking protein on a general level should be blended, but it's also not that easy. You have to factor in type of training, goal, etc. Digestibility and bio value and availability from whey protein with the right microfractions, lactalbumin etc. is very high.
    I'm just here to learn.