Thread: Arms!

Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arms!

Guys,

Need your input here. I am about 225 lbs and with 20% body fat. I am currently cutting but I have always had a problem with my arms even before I bulked up.

My chest, shoulders, back and legs gain muscle incredibly quickly when I start training. Genetically it's just easy for me to gain in these areas but my arms simply do not want to grow as quickly. In the last two years or so they have gone from 15 1/5 inches to 16 at best.

As a result I can easily develop a "Mr Potato head" look with a thick body and thing arms (even when lean).

Any ideas how to grow these?

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    What does your curren routine look like for your arms?
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I normally do my biceps with my back, triceps with chest or both with shoulders.

Barbell curls 12, 10, 8 reps
    Dumbell curls 12, 10, 10 reps,
    Hammer curls, 10, 8, 8 reps.

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ruhanv
    I normally do my biceps with my back, triceps with chest or both with shoulders.

how bout your tricep work? Tris are 2/3s of your arm

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)

Try adding some dropsets in your biecep rotuine. Also, try doing some close-grip chins with a full ROM....that should hit your biceps hard.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Originally Posted by sciff5
    how bout your tricep work? Tris are 2/3s of your arm
    Sorry should have mentioned that I do tris with chest or shoulders.

3 sets of cable pull downs.
    3 sets of close grip flat bench press.

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry should have mentioned that I do tris with chest or shoulders.

3 sets of cable pull downs.
    3 sets of close grip flat bench press.
    Those exercises are good I would just add one more good one. Also I dont know if close grip flat bench press bothers your wrists but it kills mine so I do close grip bench press with the EZ bar. I find it works my tris more effectivly and it takes all the stress off my wrists. The downside of this is you need a workout partner to hand you the weight, but its probably my favorite lift. It really has added size to my triceps and if you havent tried it I encourage you to just give it a try. As for your bicep work. If you are doing barbel curls standing try putting your back against a wall when your doing your curls. This will kill any tendency to throw the weights. And if your doing dumbel curls try doing them seated. I also do preacher curls because it really doesnt allow me to cheat. Another thing I focus on is keeping as light of a grip as possible when I do curls. It really empasizes the pump in the biceps instead of the forearms and keeps me from getting wrist and elbow problems down the line. A couple months ago I was about your size. About 220 with about 20% body fat, and I had 18+ inch arms cold. Now that I've been cutting for a couple months they have shrunk don a bit to just under 18, so arms are a strong point of mine.

Good luck and keep up the work!

P.S. dont get so down about being a thick dude. I wish I had that thickness. I'm a wide guy with big lats but I wish I was a thicker dude, the type of guys you see puttin up big weight on the bench and dead lifting a mack truck.