luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) luckygoats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Randy Herring - How To Bench Press 300 Pounds In 12 Weeks

Randy Herring is back with another great article on boosting your bench press in 12 weeks. How would you help yourself to break your plateau?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy14.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

Sorry for being negative, but I never trust these "300 pounds on 12 week" stuff. There are far too many factors that vary from one individual to another. What worked for the author most probably wonīt work for me. Donīt try to fool anyone...

Unregistered
    I am doing this workout and I am noticing great improvements. I have never been lifting this much weight and I am right on scheldule.

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by
    Sorry for being negative, but I never trust these "300 pounds on 12 week" stuff. There are far too many factors that vary from one individual to another. What worked for the author most probably wonīt work for me. Donīt try to fool anyone...
    thats exactly what i think. Sure, it might be a good workout, but how can it make everybody to lift that much in 12 weeks. I think genetics would play a part

Unregistered
    Well, for all those with the negative responses, you can try and see for yourself.
    I think this is a program anybody can try for a change.
    As far as genetics go, it is more history of training (powerlifting or bodybuilding) that matters. for example 5 reps on 225 might mean 260lbs of 1RM for an average guy with powerlifting background, and just 240 for a bodybuilder.
    I have just a few notes. First, Westside barbell showed that dips are a little counted productive for increasing the bench (although an exercise I love). I am not commenting, IU am just noting - what works for some doeas nopt work for others and vice versa.
    Second, I think this article should have been called "How I benched 300lbs in 12 weeks"
    Good luck and stay strong!
    Rexer

Unregistereddd
    Worked for me! at the 11 week mark I benched 300

Unregistered
    If you look at the program itself you see that you are not actually going from 225 to 305, what you are going is from 225 to 275 and then one-rep maxing on week 12 at 305. If you look at the one rep max guide, if you can do 225 five times, you can max at 253. So you are really impoving your strength by 52 pounds over 12 weeks. Not knocking the program, but it is important to understand what's actually going on.

knabe14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

great

i got 300 easy at week 10

rashawnjl

e

[QUOTE=luckygoats;415598]Randy Herring is back with another great article on boosting your bench press in 12 weeks. How would you help yourself to break your plateau?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy14.htm

HOW many times r u supposed 2 bench a week in each week on j how to bench 300 in 12 months

tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tglems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I "started" this program when I could bench 225 2x. I did week 1, week 2, week 1, week 2, etc until I could legitimately do the first week. That took about a month to a month and a half. I am now doing the week 9 workout but it has been closer to 13 weeks already for me. I can get the 265lbs up about twice and always need a spotter to help lift on the third rep. I'll probably repeat weeks 9 and 8 until I can do 265lb 4x before moving up to 275lbs. This program is definitely working for me, but it is taking a bit longer than advertised. Either way though, I'm happy because it gives me a workout and direction when I go to the gym. Keeping things written down really helps. I can't wait to check back in when I get above 300...I especially can't wait until I hit 315!

Also, I am doing chest and triceps twice a week to answer the earlier questions
    Last edited by tglems; 02-23-2011 at 11:05 AM.

JamesDE78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you look at the program itself you see that you are not actually going from 225 to 305, what you are going is from 225 to 275 and then one-rep maxing on week 12 at 305. If you look at the one rep max guide, if you can do 225 five times, you can max at 253. So you are really impoving your strength by 52 pounds over 12 weeks. Not knocking the program, but it is important to understand what's actually going on.
    I can rep 225 maybe 5 or 6 times and max out at 275 to 285 so I don't know where you get 253 from

JamesDE78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tglems View Post
    Well, I "started" this program when I could bench 225 2x. I did week 1, week 2, week 1, week 2, etc until I could legitimately do the first week. That took about a month to a month and a half. I am now doing the week 9 workout but it has been closer to 13 weeks already for me. I can get the 265lbs up about twice and always need a spotter to help lift on the third rep. I'll probably repeat weeks 9 and 8 until I can do 265lb 4x before moving up to 275lbs. This program is definitely working for me, but it is taking a bit longer than advertised. Either way though, I'm happy because it gives me a workout and direction when I go to the gym. Keeping things written down really helps. I can't wait to check back in when I get above 300...I especially can't wait until I hit 315!

Also, I am doing chest and triceps twice a week to answer the earlier questions
    Chances are you're at 300 if not more. I only reped 275 2 maybe 3 times and I maxed out at 305 don't be scared to attempt it to see where you're at

ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShooterX95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pretty specific numbers needed to use the routine in this article. The title seemed a little like an old ad for a mail order course.

jpilkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am on Week Ten of this program, and I have hit all numbers every week. I am 40 years old and have struggled a bit with recovery and this workout is effecting my other workouts. I don't even attempt to work shoulders as an isolated exercise. I've reduced my dead lifts to about 65% of my max weight, and increased reps on all other muscle groups. I feel as though doing this program requires complete dedication to the program and I have had to reduce all my other exercise efforts. I'm not sure why this program has worked so well for me but it has. I think it can work for some people, I think it is just like any other program you read about.. you just have to try them and see which one's resonate. Some programs work for some people and not for others. As a side note, I did read about people attempting to do chest and tri's twice a week. This program is designed to be done once a week period. No need to do chest and triceps twice a week. I think it is also important to make sure you can bench 225 for at least 5 reps. I have also gained 10 pounds in 12 weeks on this program. Crazy.

nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL, this took me 2 years...