Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is Snapple really all that bad for you?

It has a lot of sugar and stuff, and I drink a lot of it (a few liters per day). Is it really that bad for me?

DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500)
    scientists find that if you drink too much snapple your toes turn green and you grow extra limbs.

Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifthard3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Seven_Down View Post
    It has a lot of sugar and stuff, and I drink a lot of it (a few liters per day). Is it really that bad for me?

YES .... IMO there is no reason to have a sugar drink like that. If you have many litres a day then switch over to the diet snapple. I think some of the diet snapple flavors are just as good if not better than the regular flavors. Water of course is the best thing for you to be drinking, but if you need to get a little flavor and change it up go for crystal light, diet soda(even though i've been cutting that out too). Just read the back carefully to see how many calories are in it and the sodium content, because it can add up if you drink a lot anything.

Good Luck!
    Life Changing

Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50) Seven_Down will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lifthard3 View Post
    YES .... IMO there is no reason to have a sugar drink like that. If you have many litres a day then switch over to the diet snapple. I think some of the diet snapple flavors are just as good if not better than the regular flavors. Water of course is the best thing for you to be drinking, but if you need to get a little flavor and change it up go for crystal light, diet soda(even though i've been cutting that out too). Just read the back carefully to see how many calories are in it and the sodium content, because it can add up if you drink a lot anything.

Good Luck!
    I'm 6'3" and 155lb, calories aren't my problem. It's just that I am worried that it is generally unhealthy to have so much sugar.

DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500)
    diet snapple has aspartame.

(arizona is better)

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes they are.. i just looked one flavor up and noticed ..high fructose corn syrup as the 2nd ingredient.. anything with this in it should be avoided.

Originally Posted by amberlynn72 View Post
    yes they are.. i just looked one flavor up and noticed ..high fructose corn syrup as the 2nd ingredient.. anything with this in it should be avoided.
    why?

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm 6'3" and 155lb, calories aren't my problem. It's just that I am worried that it is generally unhealthy to have so much sugar.
    well of course too much of any sugar makes your pancreas work harder I dont think that is good ..also signals for more insulin which of course makes you fatter.

Here is an article on HFCS

http://cosmos.ucdavis.edu/2006/clust...Corn_Syrup.pdf
    Last edited by amberlynn72; 08-16-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Every time you drink a big bottle of that **** your pancreas releases insulin as if you just worked out - except you didn't do **** all so it's kinda like putting your car into neutral and revving the engine in your drive way. It's hard on your pancreas and it's making your body work hard for no reason.
    SoIFightWithAPenToEnlightenAFriend...

To Explode with Rage, To Quake with Joy, To Be Immortal.
    How Many People Got Controll Of Their Minds?

MyLegsCompellMeToRunMyHeartCompellsMeToFly
    LoveIsAnActionWordsoThinkForYourselfandDoForOthers

But I get 800 or so calories per day from Snapple. What else should I drink that has many calories but isn't so unhealthy?

Originally Posted by Shelbz View Post
    Every time you drink a big bottle of that **** your pancreas releases insulin as if you just worked out - except you didn't do **** all so it's kinda like putting your car into neutral and revving the engine in your drive way. It's hard on your pancreas and it's making your body work hard for no reason.

Haha i like the way you explained that..that's cute.

Originally Posted by amberlynn72 View Post
    Haha i like the way you explained that..that's cute.
    yes

its cute

PushingHarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushingHarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushingHarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushingHarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushingHarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PushingHarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But I get 800 or so calories per day from Snapple. What else should I drink that has many calories but isn't so unhealthy?
    skim milk

droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You shouldn't be drinking Snapple to fill your caloric needs. Get more calories through a nutritious diet.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah like he said above me.... empty calories arent helping you bulk at all. You think you can build muscle by eating jolly ranchers all day???

I'd say cut it and if you HAVE to have something with taste then drink some lemon water or crystal light.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBow87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think most importantly that you should take a look at the sugar content b/c obv. sugar makes fat...and you don't want that of course. Simply said just stick to Diet Snapple if you love the stuff so much, don't worry you'll acquire the taste and get away from the sugary stuff.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong Junior High level book report.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Mirin that you're aware ricekiller's Avatar
    ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    water POWNS all

kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got diabetes? Got decaying teeth? Got high bf?

If not, you soon will.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down Those r worthless calories . . .

U r skinny & want 2 put on muscle mass, right? Well, 4 800 calories u could be eating a 10-oz strip steak, which would actually do u some good (72 g high-quality protein), vs. 800 empty sugar & hfcs calories in the Snapple that will just make u skinny-fat.

I would definitely switch 2 sugar-free soft drinks like diet Snapple or Crystal Light or even diet pop, and make up the calories with real clean foods.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your prolly gainign weight really fast drinking 800 calories down.....dumb dumb fat people. STOP DRINKING SUGAR

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you summed up ur whole point in the first few words.. i suggest u read over ur post again.. IT HAS A LOT OF SUGAR.. why drink a ton of sugar get it from ur fruits instead of drinking stupid ass drinks..

stick to getting water in ur diet and eat up on some fruit instead of drinking ****ty fruit drinks

kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're getting 800 calories from it?? That's like 7 servings worth...over 140g of sugar! terrible...

dncbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've also read about (on the internet -- so it must be true) how High Fructose Corn Syrup is processed by your body different and it basically promotes fat storage.

I don't remember the details and I don't really have time to find them right this moment, but I'm hoping someone else will chime in with a more in-depth explanation. Or maybe about how wrong I am!

correct your body can process natural sugar without storing too much fat but high fructose corn syrup might as well be called lard

stop drinking snapple or get diabetes....tough call

Until the 1970s most of the sugar we ate came from sucrose derived from sugar beets or sugar cane. Then sugar from corn--corn syrup, fructose, dextrose, dextrine and especially high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)--began to gain popularity as a sweetener because it was much less expensive to produce. High fructose corn syrup can be manipulated to contain equal amounts of fructose and glucose, or up to 80 percent fructose and 20 percent glucose.2 Thus, with almost twice the fructose, HFCS delivers a double danger compared to sugar.

(With regards to fruit, the ratio is usually 50 percent glucose and 50 percent fructose, but most commercial fruit juices have HFCS added. Fruit contains fiber which slows down the metabolism of fructose and other sugars, but the fructose in HFCS is absorbed very quickly.)

In 1980 the average person ate 39 pounds of fructose and 84 pounds of sucrose. In 1994 the average person ate 66 pounds of sucrose and 83 pounds of fructose, providing 19 percent of total caloric energy.3 Today approximately 25 percent of our average caloric intake comes from sugars, with the larger fraction as fructose.4

High fructose corn syrup is extremely soluble and mixes well in many foods. It is cheap to produce, sweet and easy to store. It?s used in everything from bread to pasta sauces to bacon to beer as well as in "health products" like protein bars and "natural" sodas.

read the article yourself its pretty good

http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfo...hfructose.html

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ricekiller View Post
    correct your body can process natural sugar without storing too much fat but high fructose corn syrup might as well be called lard
    Incorrect. Most HFCS used in prepared foods/drinks has a similar fructose/glucose ratio as sucrose, and has no different physiological consequences. There is hard data to back this up. All the data that HFCS paranoia people cite was research done on PURE fructose (and lots of it)- HFCS is NOT pure fructose.
    No sir, I don't like it.