Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Do not take seriously bgurltryall's Avatar
    Stats: 5'6", 135 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4473
    bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit bgurltryall's BodySpace

How long does it generally take to charge a depleted car battery? (serious)

Well, I got in my car this morning and turned the key and nothing. Tried to turn the lights on and they wouldn't pop up at all so it was obviously a dead battery. My neighbor kindly informed me an interior light had been on for two days (yeah I know, shut up).

So I call my road side assistance (through T-mobile) and they send this guy in a rusting burgundy van with a pathetic little yellow light on the top. I pop my hood and he can't get it open, so I have to do it for him.(I don't think this made him very happy)

He then attaches one of those charger boxes to my battery and asks me to start the car - it turns slightly and stops. He starts cussing and gets another box - same thing happens, guys cusses more. Then he hooks up his van engine to my car and tells me to try again; same outcome. He revs it for like 30 seconds, I try again and nothing.

At this point he goes "F***!!! WHAT THE F*** IS THIS CARS F***ING PROBLEM?!?"...and I...peed a little.

He gives up ,saying that there's so much juice going into the battery that it should have started by now.

Now, I always thought that time charged a battery, not the amount of juice being fed to it all at once. All of this took about 15 minutes including the 3 times he switched out the jumper cables for the two boxes and the car, the million times the clamps popped off the bolts of the battery, and the cussing breaks.

He tells me he's done all he can, that I must have have faulty cabling and I should get it towed and seen to. The tool forgot to get my signature when he left too, so he won't get paid by tmobile

So oh great misc, was the guy just a tool and the battery just needed more time to charge, or do you think something more is wrong with my car?

CLIFFS
    -Car battery died
    -semi retard tries three methods of charging it for a total of 15 minutes
    -Guy tells me I have faulty wiring and need to have it towed
    -Did it need more time to charge or is his scholarly assessment of my car plausible?
    My muscles have Alzheimers

Stats: 5'8", 167 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6402
    liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000) liftw8s is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit liftw8s's BodySpace
    usually it just needs to be hooked up to another car to start the engine, the battery doesnt need to be charged...Once u get it started the engine automatically recharges the battery.
    I want to look like Stan McQuay

Do not take seriously bgurltryall's Avatar
    Stats: 5'6", 135 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4473
    bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bgurltryall has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit bgurltryall's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by liftw8s View Post
    usually it just needs to be hooked up to another car to start the engine, the battery doesnt need to be charged...Once u get it started the engine automatically recharges the battery.
    Well this has happened once before and it took a full 30 minutes of being hooked up to the other car before it would start. But yeah you're right, I didn't think that out correctly.

How long does a depleted battery need a charge to start the car...does that seem like a better question?:P
    My muscles have Alzheimers

BodyPoints: 10038
    _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) _ultraviolet_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit _ultraviolet_'s BodySpace
    30-45 mins worked for me