Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    my pic is very old Senor Awesome's Avatar
    Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best compound movements for biceps

I know the biceps get worked with compound pull movements, but which exercises would be best for developing them. Compound movements that is.

I know rows , BOR, etc do but which are the best?

Thanks
    A lot of people have been looking at too many competition condition bodybuilding photos and have a distorted sense of what "fat" is. - SideFX

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say chins

Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    I'd say chins
    never heard of. I shall google them
    A lot of people have been looking at too many competition condition bodybuilding photos and have a distorted sense of what "fat" is. - SideFX

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    chins

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Senor Awesome View Post

Garb ovehead bar and pull yourself up (palms facing you)

Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shaun1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Chin ups? Chins is just a short way of saying it, like 'bench' really means bench press.
    If you want to get big, be good at the Squat, Deadlift, pull and bench press, the rest is between you and your dinner plate.

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary and those that do not.

I was at the Zoo the other day, there was only one animal there: a dog. It was a ****zu.

You die at the end; act accordingly.

Originally Posted by Shaun1990 View Post
    Chin ups? Chins is just a short way of saying it, like 'bench' really means bench press.
    k fair enough. never had heard of them. how much can a bodyweight exercise really build mass?

ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    put on a backpack and add weights into it. enjoy
    You are born weak and small and you die weak and small... What ever you decide to be in between is up to you.

bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    grab a dip belt, pile on the weight and pull yourself up. guaranteed to add some size to ya.

Think about it. user90490905409054's Avatar
    user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user90490905409054 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Assuming you are already doing plenty of compound movements, why not do some isolation for your biceps if you want to improve them?! Can't go wrong with barbell curls.

Originally Posted by ummmpain View Post
    put on a backpack and add weights into it. enjoy
    Will plain old bodyweight work build anything? how many reps & sets?

Originally Posted by Greg74 View Post
    Assuming you are already doing plenty of compound movements, why not do some isolation for your biceps if you want to improve them?! Can't go wrong with barbell curls.
    I do those but I'm trying to branch out.

I've been having the tendon nag at me a bit in my right bicep. (at the elbow) it's better now, and I did curls today with the EZ bar lost 20 pounds of strength in a couple weeks, but that might just be mental.

have you actually tried pulling your bodyweight up for reps - it's hard - when you can do 6-10 reps add some weight IMO = weighted chins

ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ummmpain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    of course man... just saying if your doing it for a long time and it gets too easy for you, you can always add some weights ya know? same with weighted dips
    You are born weak and small and you die weak and small... What ever you decide to be in between is up to you.

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

k fair enough. never had heard of them. how much can a bodyweight exercise really build mass?
    aren't you the same guy that asked if hammer curls should be on bicep day or tricep day?
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

ok thanks. I didn't say it was easy. just always been skeptical of bw exercise.

Cool

Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    aren't you the same guy that asked if hammer curls should be on bicep day or tricep day?
    hey this thread is a step up. at least I;m not asking "lyk so how much shud i curl 4 teh gunz?!"

ok thanks. I didn't say it was easy. just always been skeptical of bw exercise.
    it doesn't really matter how much you lift. i use to do alot of bodyweight chin ups and tricep dips. it just got too easy and wasn't doing much for me so i added some weights. just get the form down. surely soon enough it'll be easy meaning you'll get alot stronger so your forced to add weights. good luck

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    then add weight, are you skeptical of squats because they can be performed without weight?

Originally Posted by Tetsu. View Post
    then add weight, are you skeptical of squats because they can be performed without weight?
    who me?

no sir. i wish i could do squats, but my knee won't let me. hopefully that'll get better.

who me?
    nah i was talking to senor awesome (which btw is a great username lol)

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deadlift and squat.
    BTDT

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    Deadlift and squat.
    hell yea, great post

my arms actually just got a little bigger from reading your hardcore post
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LSU1 View Post
    hell yea, great post

my arms actually just got a little bigger from reading your hardcore post
    lol, that made me actually laugh outloud. Op asked a question, he got his answer, lets move on.
    BTDT

noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noodle15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    really no need for my answer to but dip belt doing reverse grip chin ups.

Talking

nah i was talking to senor awesome (which btw is a great username lol)
    thanks no pain no gains right? pain is nothing till your almost dying

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Close-Grip Supinated Chin-Ups

Throughout my career, I've met a lot of people who've packed inches on their elbow flexors simply by doing chinning exercises. The thing is, the main reason they did chinning movements was that they didn't have access to a wide variety of equipment. Necessity, as they say, is often the mother of invention. These individuals, however, were determined to achieve international success, regardless of the limitations imposed on them. You can list Boyer Coe and Arnold Schwarzeneggar as part of this group.

Grasp the chin-up bar with a close, supinated grip. The palms of the hands should be facing you, and your pinky fingers should be 4 to 6 inches apart. Hang below the bar and then pull yourself up until your chin clears the bar. This movement should be done very slowly, on the order of about 15 seconds or so. Then, slowly lower yourself to the start position.

Don't short-change yourself by not coming all the way down. Like it is for any exercise, range of motion is critical.

If your arms haven't grown for a while, consider adopting this movement. It's a sure-fire mass builder."

-Poliquin

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks no pain no gains right? pain is nothing till your almost dying
    Pretty sure he was talking about Senior Awsome....

and Time the F8ck out. youre telling me you live in the US and don't know what a chin up is .... BULLSH*Tzer...

but don't let these guys lie to you, it's when you tie a rope around a straight bar (known as a chin up bar) and the other end on your neck. Neck you try to see how long you can hang by your "chin" before you loose air. This will enhance the ratio of plasma reticulation in the veins in your neck which we all know will lead to the "fashioned" 8/7th look and HUGE biceps

/end thread
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    Deadlift and squat.
    x2

Agreed these will add size all over the place. The biceps will have no choice but to grow. Weighted chinups are a great complimentary exercise. Ever see a male gymnast who does the still rings not have huge arms?
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."