frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frank04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carbs at night bad?

For dinner I eat:
    -2 cans of tuna
    -2 eggs
    -2 turkey sandwiches

The sandwich bread consists mainly of carbs.
    Is it good or bad to take carbs for dinner?

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Carbs at night are fine as long as they fit into your macros for the day. As long as your glycogen stores still need filling, your carbs will not go toward fat. Excess protein and excess fat turn to fat just as easily as excess carbs.
    On top of my game, and it don't stop til my hip don't hop anymore.

beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BluSilver
    Carbs at night are fine as long as they fit into your macros for the day. As long as your glycogen stores still need filling, your carbs will not go toward fat. Excess protein and excess fat turn to fat just as easily as excess carbs.
    totally agree
    if yall wanna talk about bb.com stuff feel free to add me to your msn/yahoo messenger [email]bashore69@yahoo.com[/email]
    icq-149478091
    aol-bashore69

Buddy list: Contract Killer, Illnino

T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’ll back him up on this one as I personally take in 1/4 cup (dry measurement) of steel cut oats with my 1 cup of cottage cheese and 2 Tbsp of natural peanut butter, or a similar meal, every night before bed.
    Since I have been doing this I have not put on any extra un-wanted body fat.

Before I use to not eat carbs past the late afternoon other then vegetables and I would not eat anything within at least 2 hours of going to bed. All that did for me was cause me to loose a hell of a lot of lean muscle mass and feel extremely un-healthy.

TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    carbs are okay but try to stay away from starch carbs like potatos or oats. Try some green leafy vegetables like spinach, the greener the better. These digest faster than starch.

MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TigerJam
    carbs are okay but try to stay away from starch carbs like potatos or oats. Try some green leafy vegetables like spinach, the greener the better. These digest faster than starch.
    Bump to that.
    Could they even imagine? Imagine the tears you've tasted, imagine the blood you gave, and the sweat you poured? And it was all because no one believed. All because no one cared until one day. One day when you became something. The day they stopped moving you...and you moved them. This is your life, your pain and your heart. Today is the day. Tomarrow is here.

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TigerJam
    I think you mean slower? Oats are fine at night. As long as you haven't had your day's worth of carbs earlier during the day, any low GI carb is fine. But yes, the greener, usually the better. This is because they provide an extremely strong thermic effect and increase the rate of fat burning. These veggies are sometimes counted as negative calories. They can be eaten in addition to your other carb sources to lower the overall GI. Don't count any calories or carbs from them, because they are either negligible or cancelled out most of the time.

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO a lot depends on when you work out. If I work out in the morning, then a lot of carbs come in with the pre and post workout nutrition. Later in the day, especially the last meal, will have proteins and healthy fats and no carbs other than the big serving of veg. However if I train in the evening, I consume more protein and fat during the inactive hours of the day and have a lot of carbs prior to and after the workout.

X

thagman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thagman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thagman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thagman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thagman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed. Time of workout is relevant re: how much and what type of carbs one should consume. As stated, alot depends on if it fits into your macro-nutrient needs for the day. No reason to avoid carbs at night, provided you fall into the "workout in the evening" camp, as well as fitting into your caloric goals.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you mean slower? Oats are fine at night. As long as you haven't had your day's worth of carbs earlier during the day, any low GI carb is fine. But yes, the greener, usually the better. This is because they provide an extremely strong thermic effect and increase the rate of fat burning. These veggies are sometimes counted as negative calories. They can be eaten in addition to your other carb sources to lower the overall GI. Don't count any calories or carbs from them, because they are either negligible or cancelled out most of the time.
    At least someone understands this.

The only way you will put on fat by eating carbs(or anything for that matter) at night is if the foos you eat at night goes over the amount of calories you need for that day. End of story!
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TigerJam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Timing of the carbs and other food groups is important. Check these things out, it will help your progress.

Originally Posted by RipStone
    At least someone understands this.

The only way you will put on fat by eating carbs(or anything for that matter) at night is if the foos you eat at night goes over the amount of calories you need for that day. End of story!
    ^^^^^^^ YES- END OF THREAD!!!!

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^^^^ YES- END OF THREAD!!!!

hahaha, reps for that.
    Unaffiliated.