donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

tuna as last protein before bed.

im looking to refine my diet a little, at the moment i take a casein shake before bed and im looking to switch that to a can of tuna. Keep in mind i cant stand cottage cheese.

Will the protein from the tuna release slowly enough like casein?

isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try eating a cup of cattage chesse it has a lot of protein!

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by donbooger View Post
    im looking to refine my diet a little, at the moment i take a casein shake before bed and im looking to switch that to a can of tuna. Keep in mind i cant stand cottage cheese.

Will the protein from the tuna release slowly enough like casein?

Well?Not sure but that's a different kinda protein..You can also drink milk instead? any kinda dairy i would imagine? maybe some cheese?

oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by isins View Post
    try eating a cup of cattage chesse it has a lot of protein!
    haha didnt u even read his post...he said he doesnt like it haha, good call

really though, the you probably wanna add some fats to your tuna to slow down its release, before bed...but yes to answer your question, tuna is fine before bed, you just need to add some fats to that meal to slow its absorption...maybe some PB/nuts along side it....you could even just have milk if u like that...it got casien protein as well

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oaks View Post

really though, the you probably wanna add some fats to your tuna to slow down its release, before bed...but yes to answer your question, tuna is fine before bed, you just need to add some fats to that meal to slow its absorption...maybe some PB/nuts along side it....you could even just have milk if u like that...it got casien protein as well

yea put some organic salad dressing in your tuna hehe

isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) isins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by oaks View Post

o i didnt see that ....i never liked it either almost threw up a few times but now i eat it just fine

MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10) MmmPurple is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think tuna should be fine.

zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tuna might be better than dairy in that it has more arginine than milk. Arginine is good before bed.
    jupeznor

donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50) donbooger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I might go into a little more detail if i may.

The casein protein is a 50/50 casein whey blend which i have before bed every night.

I have a can of tuna a couple of hours earlier each night as well.

I am looking to switch the places of these two so i can add some oats to the protein shake to increase some more carbs to my day, id like to trade there places so as not to have that many carbs right before bed.

Should i just have the oats before bed or should i switch that meal with the tuna?

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe I've seen Uhockey actually recommend meat and veggies (like broccoli) before bed. The fiber and what not in the veggies will help slow down the absorption. I would still add a handful of almonds or some peanut butter.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Originally Posted by zackcentury View Post
    tuna might be better than dairy in that it has more arginine than milk. Arginine is good before bed.
    yea milk is more of a lysine thing..it helps keep cold sores at bay...

Registered User FlipperAnderson's Avatar
    FlipperAnderson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The reason you eat cottage cheese is because of the slow releasing protein to keep you from going catabolic when you are sleeping. Cottage cheese is seen as what you should take instead of taking protein shakes which a lot of people do (you dont want just whey before you go to bed). Tuna takes several hours for the body to digest but not as long as casein protein found in cottage cheese.
    To donbooger...Kind of confused by your post. Take the shake with the oats earlier. Have a can on tuna then also if you feel you need mroe protein, then have the cottage cheese before bed.
    Peace Brah.

7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Steve77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tuna + glass of milk just force down cottage cheese

JSmoove80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSmoove80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSmoove80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cottage Cheese + Tbs of Peanut Butter for the win!

Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hear a lot of people say they hate cottage cheese, most just eat it until they get used to it.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by donbooger View Post
    I might go into a little more detail if i may.

The casein protein is a 50/50 casein whey blend which i have before bed every night.

I have a can of tuna a couple of hours earlier each night as well.

I am looking to switch the places of these two so i can add some oats to the protein shake to increase some more carbs to my day, id like to trade there places so as not to have that many carbs right before bed.

Should i just have the oats before bed or should i switch that meal with the tuna?

make ur protein shake PWO with whey and oats

then 1 hour later have ur PWO meal with ur tuna

then before u hit the sack have ur caesin shake + some fat source ( pb, healthy oil, almonds/peanuts)

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tuna pre-bed is absolutly fine. I hate how people now a days think that cottage cheese and peanut butter is the only acceptable way to go for a pre-bed meal. You can have anything you want, hell, I know people who have whey in water, with 2 tblspoons of peanut butter and are fine.

I like to mix it up a lot personally. I like to switch between chicken + veggies + milk, to salmon + veggies, to ground beef, to cc and pb, or just cottage cheese and a whey shake. It all depends on what I have sittin in the fridge lol.

Forever cutting..... Blake Austin's Avatar
    Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I eat nothing before bed. Ever. Must be the only one. LOL
    ~I'm an egomaniac with a inferiority complex...

~I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic,
    awful, beautiful life.........

Originally Posted by Blake Austin View Post
    And you look super awesome too ..I dont think its affected you much..hehe

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jaks View Post
    I hear a lot of people say they hate cottage cheese, most just eat it until they get used to it.

exactly what I did. Once I added peanut butter to cottage cheese... I loved it. It made it tollerable for me to eat for a month or so. By that time, I began to actually enjoy it.

Then again... I LOVE peanut butter. It's probabaly the greatest thing ever.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Blake Austin View Post
    hey if u fit ur macros for the day.. no need to eat before bed.. bottom line!