Morpheus_Ecto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Milk substitutes (namely for post-workout)

Cow's milk contains casein which supposedly has negating effects on the body post-workout in terms of it's delaying of gastric emptying and protein uptake. Or some such.

Soy milk can inhibit testosterone production--an inhibition I assume would be among the last things you'd want happening to your body pre- or post-workout.

Fruit juice is loaded with sugars which are supposedly bad for post-workout.

I need a good liquid base for whey and, if this is all true, what besides water or vegetable juice would be beneficial? Almond milk? Coconut milk? Oat milk? Rice milk?

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Morpheus_Ecto View Post
    Cow's milk contains casein which supposedly has negating effects on the body post-workout in terms of it's delaying of gastric emptying and protein uptake. Or some such.

Soy milk can inhibit testosterone production--an inhibition I assume would be among the last things you'd want happening to your body pre- or post-workout.

I need a good liquid base for whey and, if this is all true, what besides water or vegetable juice would be beneficial? Almond milk? Coconut milk? Oat milk? Rice milk?
    Know that this

is incorrect, and the rest becomes irrelevant, and your question should be answered.

pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

every food on this earth can be seen as beneficial or harmful. even water.

i say your best bet is to mix it all up. have almond milk one day, have whey another, have hemp milk another...etc. insures you get all the nutrients you need and reduces the risk of problems associated with any specific food.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read the stickied threads at the top of the page, iyou have a lot to learn(not to offend)

Use the search function if that does not help.

Milk is fine post workout.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    Read the stickied threads at the top of the page, iyou have a lot to learn(not to offend)

Use the search function if that does not help.
    Well if you're referring to the sticky at the topmost of the Nutrition forum page, I've already been digging through there, and there are already a number of cross-debates going on regarding what's best post-workout; I was actually hoping this thread would address this more specifically. And the search function is helping me locate anything else that addresses this specifically.

xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50) xplosivsf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pecan View Post
    every food on this earth can be seen as beneficial or harmful. even water.

i say your best bet is to mix it all up. have almond milk one day, have whey another, have hemp milk another...etc. insures you get all the nutrients you need and reduces the risk of problems associated with any specific food.
    I have honestly never heard of hemp milk. Doesn't sound too appetizing.
    Motivated, Dedicated, Lethal

"Your best? LOSERS always whine about their best, WINNERS go home and f**k the Prom Queen." Sean Connery - "The Rock"

Smooth is Quick....Quick is Deadly.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well if you're referring to the sticky at the topmost of the Nutrition forum page, I've already been digging through there, and there are already a number of cross-debates going on regarding what's best post-workout; I was actually hoping this thread would address this more specifically. And the search function is helping me locate anything else that addresses this specifically.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3717251

This thread more specifically

Milk Avoidance

Milk and bodybuilding go hand and hand, right? Well there's a ton of myths out there that claim milk makes individuals add and store fat. Before I go into detail, I just want to say that whether or not you consume milk is your own personal preference and you should continue avoiding milk if you're lactose intolerant, bloat due to milk consumption, or have some other milk allergy. But if you're a bodybuilder that has none of these characteristics and you avoid milk due to the myths and speculation, listen up! The truth is, milk is great for bodybuilding purposes. Milk contains cogent anti-catabolic properties, insulinogenic properties that are ideal for the post workout period, a quality amino acid profile, and a wide array of vitamins and minerals. It's also a cheap protein source, and even makes your protein shakes taste 10 times better. Milk is so anti-catabolic/anabolic that it has outperformed whey protein in human research thus far! In conclusion, it all comes down to your personal preferences. If you bloat when drinking milk or have a milk allergy, then by all means, avoid it. But if you're simply avoiding this anti-catabolic substance because of the misinformed media and foolish speculation, then you make want to think twice about milk.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&page=52&pp=30
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ight=milk+alan
    Also, I am positive a thread regarding milk post workout has been asked, maybe those asking worded it differently, yes the search is by no means an end all thing to use.

ISSA Certified CFT

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    having used water and just switching to skim milk i can say go to milk and you wont regret it.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why avoid milk post workout? mixing it with whey is a great mix of caesin/whey which is reccomended for a good gain

use that and mix it with a high gi source of carbs + some glutamine and u hit the spot for a great PWO shake

ive really never heard of hemp milk or almond milk.. but im sure they would both be beneficial to have anytime of the day PWO would be fine also

milk is only negating PWO if u want to drink fatty milk like 1% or 2%.. taking in skim milk will be beneficial because it has no fat.. causing it not to slow down absorption

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    why avoid milk post workout? mixing it with whey is a great mix of caesin/whey which is reccomended for a good gain

use that and mix it with a high gi source of carbs + some glutamine and u hit the spot for a great PWO shake

ive really never heard of hemp milk or almond milk.. but im sure they would both be beneficial to have anytime of the day PWO would be fine also

milk is only negating PWO if u want to drink fatty milk like 1% or 2%.. taking in skim milk will be beneficial because it has no fat.. causing it not to slow down absorption
    Yeah, but let it be known that neither glutamine nor high gi carbs are needed.

Also, I don't think drinking 1% and 2% would have any real world effect.

ISSA Certified CFT

There is some convoluted debate over casein's benefits post-workout and how it may slow the absorption of whey; honestly, I'd prefer to just toss some milk, whey, oats and banana in the blender right after I work out.

not a big real world affect, but a little effect because of the fat content.. i would still reccomend milk.. some say it tastes a lot better with their shakes.. ive always had mine with water and they taste fine to me.. i dont really perfer taste or whatnot.. i just take it down because its beneficial to the body regardless

sure they are not needed, but its the quickest way for ur body to absorb what it needs PWO and the glutamine is used for muscle recovery yet again its not needed,, but just a suggestion

i myself like to use a mix of dex/banana with whey and glutamine PWO.. been working like a charm so im a stick to it.. but i know there are tons of better alternatives.. just in a big rush after the gym and trying to get to work.. and this mixes quick and easy

but i have to agree a lil bit of 1% or 2% wont hiter the result of how fast the digestion is PWO

But they can still offer some benefits, right--not harmful, at least?

Less saturated fats in the diet can always have some positive effect, especially if sat. fats are going to be consumed in eggs and meats anyway. May as well keep them to a minimum.

Less saturated fats in the diet can always have some positive effect, especially if sat. fats are going to be consumed in eggs and meats anyway. May as well keep them to a minimum.
    sure keep them to a minimum but make sure u get some throughout the week they are beneficial for ur hormones and testosterone levels.. make sure to have a piece of red meat here and there and some sat fats from milk wont hurt u very much..

milk is a great complete protein source and should be consumed.. i dont really have a chance to consume milk being at work all the time and all they use is 2% which i cant stomach its too thick for me, so never being aroudn skim or being able to hold onto it in 90 degree weather it will just spoil

but really bro skim milk wont hurt / harm you or be negating with ur shakes.. IMO start incorporating it into ur diet and see the affects.. maybe ull enjoy the taste of ur shakes a bit more and see some more gains.. a lil bit more protein will only help

Well, depends on the circumstances. If you're bulking, I don't think high GI carbs would hurt you pwo. But for cutting instances, check and see how they effect you. If you still have that "stubborn fat", drop high GI carbs pwo. They're not needed. Most likely they will not harm you, though.

Less saturated fat does not always mean better, but, obviously, don't overdo it. About 4 months ago I started adding 10g more of saturated fat a day into my diet. I got my cholesterol levels etc. checked and they were amazing. I'm starting to get addicted to sat fat lol.

I eat 6 eggs a day, red meat, 2 servings of full fat cheese etc. for saturated fats. Don't skip out on saturated fats

ISSA Certified CFT

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's funny.. Glutamine is know to replace the need for carbs PWO, but here you are suggesting to use both?

Reasoning.
    Studies.
    Proof.
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    There is some convoluted debate over casein's benefits post-workout and how it may slow the absorption of whey
    There's only controversy over this because most people don't know what the hell they're talking about. There's no debate unless you're lactose-intolerant, in which case it's a personal issue.

Do you like to read? Do you have basic reasoning capabilities? Do you value science & research? Good, then read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post61267291
    Last edited by alan aragon; 08-15-2007 at 05:19 PM.

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Less saturated fat does not always mean better, but, obviously, don't overdo it. About 4 months ago I started adding 10g more of saturated fat a day into my diet. I got my cholesterol levels etc. checked and they were amazing. I'm starting to get addicted to sat fat lol.

I eat 6 eggs a day, red meat, 2 servings of full fat cheese etc. for saturated fats. Don't skip out on saturated fats
    Bingo!

I've had blood tests done on several different occasions while having a different saturated fat composition of my diet, and the absolute best cholesterol and triglyceride results I've ever had are in the periods where my diet has contained high amounts of saturated fats.

God bless fat dead animals.

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    There's only controversy over this because most people don't know what the hell they're talking about. There's no debate unless you're lactose-intolerant, in which case it's a personal issue.

Do you like to read? Do you have basic reasoning capabilities? Do you value science & research? Good, then read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post61267291
    YES, Bing-****ing-O! lol.

Yeah, I know some pros that would eat fatty beef post workout

Though, I'm sticking with my whey...

ISSA Certified CFT