Location: Ottawa, Canada but currently posted in Seoul, Republic of Korea
    themonkeyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Difference between Whey protein and Creatine

I'm new to bb, and I was wondering what the difference is between creatine and whey protein. I've read some sample routine's that include both and i'm under the impression they are extremely similar. I'll looked around and tried to find the answer but didn't so someone please give me the brief differences and opinion which is better. I'm thinking of buying Nlarge or some sort of whey protein,

thanks

themonkeyman

The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Difference between Whey protein and Creatine

Originally posted by themonkeyman
    I'm new to bb, and I was wondering what the difference is between creatine and whey protein.
    You probably want to use the search function to answer your question. A lot of people will flame you for posting such a basic question. There's tons of good info out there. Basically, whey protein is just a food supplement. Creatine is a supplement that will assist your strength and endurance levels by impacting the ATP cycle, as well as helping you retain water intramuscularly.
    Last edited by The Iron Lord; 07-02-2002 at 10:04 AM.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Iron lord, I think that is not needed, Im sure there was sometime when you first started Lifting that you didnt know about something that is obviouse to the average Bodybuilder. Why dont you grow up and quit being a Jackass.

Now there is a lot of diffrece between Creatine and Protein they are two completely diffrent supplements.

Protein is just an added shake you take to help get in enouht protein without havint to eat all the fats and carbs. It is also I belive the fastest absorbing protein there is.

Creatine is a supplement that increases ATP levels. Im not very educated on it but I know it helps to give longer workouts before getting tired helps build more mass, but retains water in the body.

Hope this helps and just ignore people like the Iron Lord!!
    Use search for protein and creatine there are tons or articles on them.

The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by kyumlor
    The Iron lord, I think that is not needed, Im sure there was sometime when you first started Lifting that you didnt know about something that is obviouse to the average Bodybuilder. Why dont you grow up and quit being a Jackass.

Now there is a lot of diffrece between Creatine and Protein they are two completely diffrent supplements.

Protein is just an added shake you take to help get in enouht protein without havint to eat all the fats and carbs. It is also I belive the fastest absorbing protein there is.

Creatine is a supplement that increases ATP levels. Im not very educated on it but I know it helps to give longer workouts before getting tired helps build more mass, but retains water in the body.

Hope this helps and just ignore people like the Iron Lord!!
    Use search for protein and creatine there are tons or articles on them.
    You're out of line here, boy.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyumlor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whoa man Im truly sorry Iron Loard, I had two windows up and read a reply that said, you are a phuckin retard, and I guess I thaught it was in this thread on accident! Im sorry man! Im tired just got done with a heavy lifting workout! I feel like a phukin retard now! Sorry once again.

Originally posted by kyumlor
    whoa man Im truly sorry Iron Loard, I had two windows up and read a reply that said, you are a phuckin retard, and I guess I thaught it was in this thread on accident! Im sorry man! Im tired just got done with a heavy lifting workout! I feel like a phukin retard now! Sorry once again.
    No problem, bro. Don't worry about it.

Ok thanks alot guys, so Whey is just like a food substitute that insures your getting all the protein needed to make gains and creatine makes workouts last longer and gives you more ATP etc. Thanks alot this really helped. Since they are so different wouldn't it make sense to take both at the same time?? If so how could i take them together? I know u take the creatine post workout but when do u take the whey? Damn! This is so weird i'm used to taking one supp and since i came here people are like taking like 10 different things at the same time its crazy!!

themonkeyman

Originally posted by themonkeyman
    Ok thanks alot guys, so Whey is just like a food substitute that insures your getting all the protein needed to make gains and creatine makes workouts last longer and gives you more ATP etc. Thanks alot this really helped. Since they are so different wouldn't it make sense to take both at the same time?? If so how could i take them together? I know u take the creatine post workout but when do u take the whey? Damn! This is so weird i'm used to taking one supp and since i came here people are like taking like 10 different things at the same time its crazy!!

themonkeyman
    Post workout, take 50g whey protein, 50g dextrose, and 5g creatine. Other times during the day, use a different protein source, as whey digests extremely quickly.

dextrose? ok seems simple enough........do i need to wait certain time before i take all of the stuff postworkout? So nothing is taken before the workout?

thanks alot

themonkeyman

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dextrose is a high II (insulin index) and GI (glycemic index) simple sugar (if you dont understand any of those terms use search option).

It is more anabolic to take some pre workout, and during than post workout. Personally I take most of my shake during my workout (with about 15 minutes left).

xamilo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll have to make some research about it yourself mate, but I can tell you a couple of things. Creatine is an aminoacid, nad whey protein is yous protein from whey. DOn't get alarmed about the "Whey" thing. It could easily be soy protein, or milk protein, or any other. The only difference is whey is easier for your body to assimilate (all though ovoalbumin, the egg protein, is even better, but its not easy to have 12 eggs per serving three times a day, is it?).

Protein lets you build muscle, since protein is composed of LOTS of aminoacids, and those are the building blocks for muscle.

Creatine is an aminoacid which helps water get into your cells, enhancing the productivity of ATP Synthetase (in english, it just gives you that little energy to do that last repetition which you normally fail in, and makes the BIG difference). All though, creatine can't act by itself. If you get creatine, you have to take it with loads of sugar. Something like fruit juice, or Gatorade/Powerade/etc will make enough.

Xamilo M.D.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)